1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Musa after recent changes. (Much applies to Maehwa)

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Solrik, May 17, 2018.

1. I get you, but come on... Even if only 40 ap of that would count, it should still be noticable.
    80 AP is more than 36% more ap
    40 AP is 18%
    That's pretty significant

Let's go reroll to ninja!

2. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

ur ap just simply isnt high enough, try again at 240+, ideally at 253 softcap. Softcap is as u know considered the gearpeak where u can compete, from the bench of course (okay it's really not that grim :P)

3. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

I rarely get to share my opinions here but let me give you a bit of my personal insight on the class after several gear experiments I have done. "Outdamaging" your opponent has nothing to do with pure AP in the current state of the class.

Indeed more AP does not solve the problem especially for mass fights. There is no AP currently that could give you as much damage as for example a 240AP hybrid AP/DP (DR) build in mass fights for the simple fact that surprisingly the hybrid build can withstand for enough time to actually pull a BtB > Crosscut > Backflow easily on mass enemy zerg...while a 290something DP build would just melt maybe even without finishing a proper BtB (properly placed). And I am not talking against pleb guilds. I am talking against guilds with 545+ GS. There is a DP threshold after which the class works very very well. And yes considering that DP works in an exponential way after a certain point since it is a flat damage reduction (not the % renown bonus...) a pure DR DP between 295 and 315 can make a difference even though from a theoretical perspective can seem weird.

4. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

look, tea is served!

Delolith likes this.
  5. Delolith

:P

6. In that case, how much DR should one have?
    I have 305dp, exactly in the middle of what you said. With about 178 dr currently. My Urugon's Boots are cursed :(

So given what you say is correct, I'm only missing AP in that case.

7. Delolith

Good question and I don't think there is a certain answer in that. It depends on how aggressive you are and what kind of DR gives you opportunities for counter play and remaining in the fight. I for example run a 241/243/318 build atm (with Nouver). All my DP is DR oriented DP.

Of course you also need to keep your offense relevant and not be a wet noodle.

8. @Delolith

I was sent a vid in pm and I must say the playstyle there is a lot like my own, except that I am way more agressive.
    I'm not in any siege guild or such, so we don't get to fight softcap people all the time, so when it comes to that I think the gear I am running atm is pretty balanced for what I do.

However, I used to go into groups and fight for very long times, rotating my heals, super-armors and frontal-guard. Not trying to boast or brag but I always seemed to find the perfect opportunities to use the frontal guard skills for breathing room. Since most of our FG is gone, I would say that I probably need to be less aggressive and more opportunistic.

9. Delolith

Or adjust your gear setup

10. It would be more than just an adjustment to get 20 more ap

11. Delolith

Haha fair enough but I mainly implied your DP. For example go for Narcs (which are the superior earrings bar none...no buts or if) as a start and see when your AP will allow for a TET cadry.

12. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

he knows how to use his words gently to get on your softspots, ive been there

Delolith likes this.
  13. Delolith

Lies O_O

14. I miss the spacebar block, 'nuff said

15. Delolith

We all do. However it is still a nice spacebar Stiffen :p Just gotta fish for the right time in the middle of your protected maneuvers. Very useful in general.

16. Mooms

I normally don't comment on the Musa Forums because it's just a cesspool of misinformation.
    "Musa Engage: Chase
    Musa Disengage: Chase
    Musa Evasive: Chase

Chase is the signature skill of both Musa & Maehwa and a core skill that you must use to play with the class properly."

As op has said, this is a clear indication that this guy hasn't adapted to the changes. I'll speak for musas at the very least.

Engage: Dragon Bite (FG STUN). Crosscut Q cancel. (SA, FG STUN). Both skills great for clipping back attacks.

Disengage: Q, Backflow.

Notable skills: Charged Evasive can be used to I frame out of Grabs/tricky situations. Example: Mystic Dragon Rip/Grab set up. Charged evasive the grab and punish Since it is unsafe if you miss.

I really hate the Musa Forums Man. Not enough Adapting, but lots of crying. All these issues you named for musas Isn't really the real problem. Sigh.. Rant over.. I'm out.

17. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Yup thats exactly what he meant. Thanks for teaching us the greatness of musa we dont see.

18. You miss one big fact here; I wrote this before they reduced Stamina consumption on skills. The post is still relevant, but not 100% accurate.

How are you going to engage a ranger pewpew-ing at you from range? Crosscut? That's stationary. You have to engage with CHASE first.
    How is Q / Backflow a disengage from a Wiz/Witch that is literally AoE-ing on top of you? Q / Backflow will not make you move.
    You can not iframe out of grabs. You can use Charged Stub to bait and iframe a grab IF it's the grab that they use, but there are far more reliable skills for that (as simple as blocking and baiting them to go behind you, but then you chase back and dragon bite them).

Besides, I have no idea how you're going to use Dbite & Crosscut+Q in large scale.

Musa is in a better place now since I wrote the original post, but it still needs finesse to manage stamina against mobile classes (zerkers for example).

I really hate the musa forums man. Lots of people trying to be better & smarter than others and then failing at it.

19. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

would b nice to see musasmarters post some vids at the end of their claims, like how they use that charged eva shot to get out of these tricky situations vs that 270 ap mystic or warr hurling at you (because softcap is 261+).

20. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Ignoring our dear friend purry, i actually use charged evasion against mystics when they go for the succ grab. Only issue i have us if i get grabbed in awakening. Then i need to hotkey swap and transition into charged and sometimes with the slow and the succ its hard to time right.
    Other issue, timings differ from mystic to mystic for when they drop succ protection and go for grab.