1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Steam game crash after update

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Patrik2991, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Patrik2991

I got my 5th crash after the update now. I already downloaded the smaller update, and rechecked file integrity after every crash, it downloads the same 3 files every time. Anyone having the same problem?
    Already confirmed on twitter by the team.

#1 Patrik2991, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. Bizznez

Experiencing it too, not Steam though, game crashes every 10-20 min without any error, it just disappears

Patrik2991 likes this.
  3. Patrik2991

Crashed when kutum was on ~5%... crashed when isabella was on ~10%.... thank you!

4. Simpson1231

I'm playing on the Mena server. I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution?

5. Leigh

Games crashes within 10 mins playing...

6. Bizznez

still no solution

7. Patrik2991

It just got worse... they really know what they are doing...

8. Elessara

Ditto here. Not on Steam either and the game just goes poof. Doesn't matter if it's in the system tray or not, can be active on the screen ... poof.

9. Patrik2991

How to shoot yourself in leg 101

I got this answer in a ticket:
    "The latest update came with new security measures, including a function for checking private server clients.

Users who have private server clients will experience malfunctions while playing BDO as per this new function. We strongly recommend uninstalling private clients that any player might have in order to play without any issue!"

What a shame that I never ever played on any other server (nor private, nor official)...

10. Elessara

After my previous post I noticed that the issue for me is intermittent. Sometimes it's stable for hours and then it will vanish and do the vanishing act every 10 minutes or so until it decides to be stable for hours again.

But still ... what does "private server client" even mean with regards to BDO? Are there actually private BDO servers out there?

11. GM Fenix

Game Master

I'm sorry to hear you were affected by the recent crashing issues, as you can see in this thread: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/intermittent-crashing-issues.496606/ We acknowledged that there were crashing issues after the patch on the 23rd of October and our Technical Team were hard at work to get it fixed. Soon after, this should have been resolved, if you are still experiencing crashing issues, I strongly recommend you contact our Technical Team via the support website. This also applies to @Bizznez @Leigh @Elessara