1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Steam Launcher stopped working - fixes not working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by YamiDragoon, Mar 6, 2020.

1. YamiDragoon

Hi everyone!

So no matter what I do, the Steam Launcher keeps crashing upon startup, no matter if started as admin or not, Steam started as admin or not, no matter if I use the BDO.bat or not, it always crashes and I do not know what to do.
    Reinstalling or repairing didn't do anything either.

If I try to start the game with the normal non-Steam launcher, it works fine, but I do not own that, unlike the Steam version, so that's a bummer :(

If you need some infos about my system:
    I am trying to play on Win 7 64bit, on a laptop (Acer TMP455-MG), Intel Core i5-4200 quadcore @ 1.60GHz with 8GB RAM, switchable graphics (Intel HD & AMD Radeon HD 8700M)

#1 YamiDragoon, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Lozy

Lozy Guardian 62 EU

Recently they added WebEngine to the Steam launcher that caused some issues for Steam users please try the following things:

1.Make sure you have "Launcher.config" in the root of your game folder(Where the BDOSteamLauncher at)
    2.If it doesn't exist please create one, and put the following parameters if it exists or not:
    I am not sure when you going to see this reply but when you do please change the Date in PromoDate to "Today Date"

Note:If you are from Europe please change Region to "Europe" instead "North America"

Rakru likes this.
  3. YamiDragoon

Hey!

I tried it but sadly that wouldn't help either, I'm afraid :/
    Still stopped working popup..

#3 YamiDragoon, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  4. YamiDragoon

It makes me a little sad because I really want to play this game with someone...

5. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hello @YamiDragoon

I'm afraid that we can't offer support for Windows 7. Microsoft ended Windows 7 support on January the 14th. Unfortunately, this means we can no longer offer services and troubleshooting to users on that Operating System. Sorry!

6. Rakru

I've been having issues for a about a week getting the game to start - that new BDO popup on Steam keeps crashing the launcher - on Win10.

I did have Launcher.config in the instal directory, but no PromoDate=2020-03-06 line. I added the PromoDate string (with the correct date) and it started first time.

Thanks for that info @Lozy !