1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam or normal website account?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Killer45, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Killer45

So yea im curious where to play on, steam or through the website normally.
    Is the community here better or steam plz suggest me what do yu think..

PS: Is it possible to transfer accounts or are they rlly seperate

2. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

both runs on the same server, I used to suggest either one is fine with steam able to track your exact hours the game been running

now I would only suggest people to get the web version because the steam version sometimes can run into bugs with the client unable to start

3. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Both share the same servers.

Pref you to take the webpage since steam just lunch the lucher again.

EDIT: Topic done my fail

4. Andaro

Ambassador

I do enjoy steam as a platform, but where possible, given a game cannot be platform crossed, go for the website. The community and game world are the same regardless of steam or website choice, only steam has its own forum. Our forum here has more traffic.

5. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Use the Website one.
    Some things have already been said, steam version runs into problems sometimes after a maintenance where its not able to start up properly, both versions play on the same servers anyway, but if you want to gift the game to someone then you need to use the web version to get the bonus benefits from it. Steam version can not gift the game to someone else, which means you would be unable to receive the hedgehog, polar bear pet or the other benefits (hedgehog has a chance to nearly double the loot of gathering).

The hedgehog cant be received/bought regularely through the pearl shop. Steam version owners are only able to buy 2 of those overall which is mostly bound to a pack with other stuff in it too. Where Web version could get not only those 2 but more due to the gift option. Means that Web version players have more chances to make it T4. Unless they sell the Rare Critter box which would be accessible for both, but thats only a few times a year.

Correct me if i am wrong :D

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Website is generally better and has less problems.
    The only upside i see using steam is that you could sell your virtual items from other games on steam mp and then use that money to buy stuff in bdo.

7. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

Depwnds on what kins of pwrson you are.

If you like switching games often then website is better. If you want to keep all your stuff for later , for example one year off the game, then steam is good as you have it it in one ppwce, no need to DL other launchers , looking for logins etc.

Also, STEAM has other advantage - you can sell your cs skons and buy stuff in bdo for example - it uses same steam wallet.

Steam has some issues after maintenance but website launcher has common issues in random times. You cannot login for some timex steam does not have it - at leadt I did not have at all except after maintenance two times

8. henzo31

First let me show you this then i will talk about insanely annoying things past this time on steam upload_2019-3-12_11-29-6.png

So lets start...
    1. Every patch is rng does game launch or not. Problem lies with BlackDesert64.dat in bin files. Each time when i see this funny error " unable to start the game due to client authentication failure " i know i must create another trial accout then download client version of bdo only to copy/paste these dat filles....that's annoying as hell.

2. Steam version after bigger maintence is always 1-1.5h delayed than launcher one so no free spots for steam users after they finally log in to game. Also there is no compensations for this at all

3. Steam players cant get free hedge or bear for gifting friend new copy of game

4. You cant play any other steam online games when bdo client runs in background ( this one is worst for me )

5. Multiple stability issues when you using Steam Overlay ( shift + tab ) in game and talking to friend with it

6. p2w hmmmm gues client version also have this feature :)

So in conclusion stay away from steam BDO client its worse in all aspect than launcher client

9. Tsushima

If I could turn back time, no way I'd play it through Steam.

GreyRebel and Aaarggghhh like this.
  10. RainbowRat

Website. I think people on Steam can´t redeem gift codes from streamers and such?

11. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

Ofc we can. I get a steam window with redeem option

12. crosspath

Steam = 70% more chances of having additional maintenance time, also can't benefit from some features like gifting game to other and getting hedge or polar bear back.

Go webpage or you will cry.

13. Killer45

Alright thank yu all so much very clear

14. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I have an account both on Steam and via the standard game laucher. Both are fine and there is no difference beyond the occasional patching issue with Steam. There also use to be a friend referral thing whereby non Steam accounts could receive a pet or other bonus if they had a friend sign up and purchase the game. I don't know if this is still the case. A counter point to that is that rewards that required you to "Redeem" them are easier for Steam players (you don't have to log into the external website). You can not log into a Steam created account via the standard launcher and vice versa.

15. WSYNC

One good reason to get steam is your account security, my account is MUCH MORE secure because of steam and it's not just a feeling, you can also use your steam wallet to buy stuff.

Yulanda likes this.
  16. peanut777

Steam if you want to play from any computer or nation on earth .... Website if you don't mind resetting all your stuff or being blocked from almost any place in the world other than the city and nation you first logged on from.

17. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Yeah I've had a lot less issues in that regard. I only buy currency for the Steam account and use to gift items to my secondary non Steam account (WHEN WE WERE ABLE TO DO THAT DAMNIT). Anyway I know my other half tried to buy Pearls on his non Steam account and had a **** ton of trouble with the payment provider wanting him to send scanned copies of his credit card, to which he promptly told them to **** off

18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

They can

19. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Just buy this game from it's original website.

I also recommend you creating a dummy email. To link to this game with a burner phone. To connect to the dummy email. That way when you finally do decide to dumpster this game. You can at least recoup a little bit of what you've spent.

If you buy through steam you will not be able to do the above. Plus there are times where steam has issues with the BDO launcher and delays us for many hours before letting us play. However my last comment has not happen to myself in some time now. So I guess they are better integrating the BDO launcher with steam nowadays.

20. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

thats not true , i afk process while i play other steam games.