1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Steam version VS the original one from this site.

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by orensan, Sep 4, 2017.

1. orensan

been wondering which one is the better option to buy, i was a cbt player who just came back from the army, so i've been out of touch

2. Nuonii

Nuonii Daralyn Lahn EU

From what I have heard: Steam tends to have payment problems when buying Daum cash (to buy Pearls with).
    Other than that, no difference really. Unless you prefer to get Steam achievements.

3. GM Mercy

Game Master

Hello @orensan

it really depends what you like best. Some people like having all their games in one place, to which I would suggest Steam. Otherwise our webversion is just fine. There is no differences between the game except of how you log in to the game :)

Nuonii has mentioned Kakao Cash, which is a different process to buy on Steam vs webversion. The mentioned payment problems were temporary and were already resolved :)

MorphlingV2 likes this.
  4. Vynda

The main reason for getting it on Steam would be the that the rollout of patches is handled by the steam-servers.

Unfortunately some ISPs in Germany seem to kinda have blocked the patch-servers of Kakao, which is actually very weird, cuz they use Akamai, no?, and those users are semi-forced to patch via VPN.

5. Yanni Plum

I never had any problems with paying methods with Steam. The only trouble is that you need to charge on steam first, and then buy the pearls. I also heard people complaining with payment methods directly to the BDO client.

So, whatever suits your boat.

6. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Not some, only 1.

7. Vynda

Well, its Vodafone/Kabel Deutschland/Unity Media, which in the end are the same company and kinda merged, although different ISPs

8. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Nope, there is no problem with Unitymedia.
    And Vodafone/Kabel Deuschland is one company, so it's the same provider.

9. Vynda

Well, even though Vodafone acquired Kabel Deutschland like 2 years ago they use different networks. Even though Vodafone is offering cable connection it will be through the prior Kabel Deutschland cable-network, while still offering the "old-fashioned" landline-network.

10. YeFool

Steam is better

11. Remyra

With Steam you'll not be able to get your hands on the polar bear pet (weight limit increase) via Referrals but other then that, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to either use Steam or Website. @GM Mercy you guys should figure something out about the pet situation or handle it like Russia with an 'Special-Week-Sale' (polar bear, penguin, hedgehog - no purchase limit - 1 week)

12. =^_^=

Personally i'd go with Steam just so i can keep track on all of my games.
    I haven't had any problems with the payment methods in Steam either.

13. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

Ahaha, sure. That'd be the definite end and pay to win confirmation many here need to finally wake up. :P