1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steed/Courser System and Pegasus Awakening (Tier 9) Guide

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Solest, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Solest

[​IMG]

Important Note #1:
    The Courser System referred to in this guide is now known as the Steed System in our version of the game. The guide will continue to refer to Coursers but be assured that the terms Courser and Steed can be used interchangeably.

Important Note #2: Other than the courser system, the majority of the content discussed in this guide is not yet in our version. The purpose of this guide is to allow people to become acquainted with the mechanisms prior to their implementation.

[​IMG]
    The Courser mechanism (also known as the Steed System) is officially live in the NA/EU servers!! Including the symbols to represent courser which had been missing prior.

The mechanism mentioned above classifies horses as either courser or non-courser based on what skills they have learned. The skills required for a horse to gain courser status increase as the tier of the horse increases and a horse will automatically be classified as a courser when they learn the required skills. A courser is marked with a gold symbol on their image while a non-courser is marked with a silver symbol.

[​IMG]

If you hover your mouse over the courser symbol in your horse's details window an information box will pop up that lists the required skills for the different tiers.

[​IMG]

What are the benefits given to horses that achieve courser status?
    • The market price for a courser is increased compared to non-coursers.
    • Breeding two coursers guarantees the foal is born with 2 skills
    • Breeding a courser with a non-courser has a chance of the foal being born with either 1 or 2 skills
    • Courser status does NOT have a chance to increase born skills in a foal attained through exchange
    • Courser status does NOT change the horses speed, accel, turn, or brake percentage

Skills Required for Courser Status:

[​IMG]

Check the Additional Resources section of this guide for a tracking template which will help you track how close your horses are to becoming coursers.

Steps to peg awak.png
    This mechanism has not yet been implemented into the NA/EU servers. When it is introduced, players will be able to progress towards awakening a level 30 Tier 8 courser into a Pegasus. Pegasus is often referred to as a Tier 9 horse and may sometimes be referred to as Aduahnott.

Steps to awaken a lv30 T8 Courser:
    Remove all equipment, costume, and inventory items from the horse and stable the horse with Gula at Stonetail Horse Ranch. A new option will be available to select from the menu: “Horse Training”

[​IMG]

• Selecting the “Horse Training” option will open a new training window.
    [​IMG]

2. There are 3 different training areas: “Physical Training”, “Elegance Training”, and “Technical Training”.
    • Each of these training areas can be increased using different materials which you must collect. A single material is equivalent to 1% increase in training.
    • You can get a maximum of 100% in any one of the three training areas.
    • You must get a total of 200% in training from any combination of the three areas before you can proceed. Once training has reached 200% you cannot apply any more of the training items.
    [​IMG]

3. There are multiple ways in which these materials can be obtained.
    • The primary methods of obtaining each item are listed along with the item description in the image below.
    • One or Two materials of your choice can be obtained each day by completing a daily quest picked up at Stonetail Horse Ranch. The quest requires that you capture a wild horse and is completed as soon as you successfully mount the horse; you are not required to register it
      • The quest is titled "[Training] In search of the Finest Horse"
      • There are two versions of the quest.
      • The first requires you to be a Professional 1 trainer and will reward you with one item
      • The second requires you to be a Artisan 10 trainer and will reward you with two items

• Certain quests in the Kamasilve Region will reward you with the material Peridot Leaf which can be exchanged for the Physical Training material Deep Blue Hoof Root as described in the image below.
    • Some of these items can also be purchased through the marketplace.
    • Check out the Additional Resources section of this guide for a link to a template that will allow you to track your resources and how close you are to having the needed amount to complete training.

[​IMG]
    4. The final step needed in order to attempt awakening consists of attaining a single additional material.
    • The material is known as “Krogdolo’s Origin Stone” which can be obtained following the details listed in the image above.
    • Certain quests in the Kamasilve Region will reward you with the material Peridot Leaf which can be exchanged for Wind and Earth Fragments as described in the image above.

5. Once these steps are completed you can attempt to awaken your tier 8 courser.
    • If awakening fails, the 200% training you obtained through collected materials will be reduced back to 0% and you will need to begin awakening training again.
    • Only awakening training % is affected, the horse’s level and skills will not change.
    • You have the option of using 100 cron stones to reduce the training loss instead to 100%.
    • The chance of success is currently estimated by players to be at 1%.
    • If you succeed your horse becomes a Pegasus!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once you have successfully awakened a Pegasus, what are you left with?
    • The first thing you will notice is that your T8 courser has been replaced by a Pegasus of the same name
    • The Pegasus begins at level 1 with a new set of skills and base stats
      Base Stats Aduahnott.png
    • The Pegasus loses the ability to breed
    [​IMG]
    • The Pegasus is capable of learning skills as it levels like other mounts but has an additional set of skills it can learn which are not available to lower tier horses. These include the following:
    [​IMG]
    • Wings of the Wind and Wings of Freedom are specific to the Pegasus. The other three skills listed can be learned by all three fantasy horses.
    • The Pegasus starts at level 1 with three skills: Double Leap, Wings of the Wind, and Courser's Spirit
    • Like purebred horses, the Pegasus cannot learn the Two Seater skill
    • Below is an example of the stats and market value of a level 30 Pegasus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    None of the materials necessary to complete awakening training are in our version yet; however, a number of materials which can later be exchanged for awakening training materials are.

Here is a list of ways you can prepare ahead of time:

• Get a T8 courser
      • This is arguably one of the most difficult steps which will either require a lot of luck or a lot of money
      • T8s can become a courser naturally through level up but this occurrence tends to be very rare
      • The most effective way to get a T8 courser is still to use skills change coupons. There is plenty of discussions on the best way to do this if you hunt around the Horse Mega-threads.
      • Buying T8s is also an option but buyer beware because many sellers now request pearl gifts in exchange for T8s and there is a risk of being scammed

• Start Farming
      • Farming byproducts, shown below and which you can begin collecting now, can be used in the future to obtain Stonetail Fodder
      [​IMG]
      • The byproducts shown above from left to right are as follows:
        • Plant with Rotting Roots
        • Seed Half Eaten by a Bird
        • Premature Fruit
        • Mutant Plant
      • Stonetail Fodder is available on the marketplace in the Korean version of the game. Farming byproducts, however, are not.
      • To begin your farming adventure, take a look at this guide here: Dulfy Farming Guide
      • It is important to remember that byproducts are only obtained through plant breeding (collecting the seeds rather than the produce)
      • Use this chart below to determine what size farms you should have to maximize your planting space based on the amount of contribution points you are willing to dedicate.
      • Useful Hint: You can rent more than one farm from a single NPC by placing your newly rented farm in your horse's inventory or your warehouse before renting another.
    [​IMG]
    • Imperial Delivery
      • The seals you collect through imperial delivery can be saved and exchanged later for Rainbow Fruit Gems
      • This is a very slow method so it is recommended you instead focus more on farming as both will contribute to the same training area
      • If you do wish to pursue these items, this guide will help you get started: Dulfy Imperial Trading Guide
    • Horse Racing
      • Horse Race Seals, which are obtained through horse racing, can later be exchanged for Swaying Wind and Rumbling Earth Fragments
      • This is one of the easiest steps and only requires 50-75 seals per awakening attempt
      • This is not the only method for acquiring these items so don't distress if you're not a fan of racing.
      • If you would like to pick up horse racing, take a look at this guide here: Dulfy Horse Racing Guide
    • Imperial Training
      • You can collect Shiny Golden Seal - [Imperial Training] now which can later be exchanged for Swaying Wind and Rumbling Earth Fragments
      • These seals can be used in conjunction with Horse Racing Seals or entirely on their own to obtain the fragments and would also only require 50-75 per attempt
      • For those who have some spare money and aren't inclined to race or level horses, you can simply purchase level 15+ horses off the market to trade in immediately.
      • If you are interested in Imperial Training, take a look at this guide here: Dulfy Imperial Training Guide
    • Level up!!
      • Many of the items necessary for Pegasus Awakening can be obtained through quests in the Kamasilve Region which is a high level zone. If you want to be able to take advantage of these quests it is highly recommended you get to work reaching those higher levels now.
    • Become acquainted with Hunting, Fishing, and Gathering
      • While these three professions do not directly aide progression to Pegasus at this moment, leveling them up now and learning how they work will make it easier when you have to rely on them once the materials are released
      • If in doubt, this master list of guides can help you figure things out: Dulfy Master Guide List

[​IMG]
    • Does my T8 courser require a certain number of breeds left to awaken?
      • No, breeding does not play a role in Pegasus awakening. In fact, you should use your breeds prior to attempting awakening because if you are successful any breeds you had left will be lost.
    • Does my T8 courser have to be a certain coat type?
      • No, all T8 coursers are eligible to be awakened regardless of their coat.
    • My T8 has X number of deaths, will that affect their awakening?
      • No, there is nothing that suggests that deaths will affect your chance of success or prevent you from attempting awakening.
    • I have multiple T8 coursers, which one should I awaken?
      • The best recommendation I can give is to awaken the one that has the least value to you, be that monetary, sentimental, skill, or stat wise. When your horse awakens it will be an entirely new horse and will have no guarantee of turning out smart.
      • Take a look in the Pegasus Details section of this guide for an example of the stats a level 30 Pegasus may have.
      • Dont forget that there will be other Fantasy horses on their way which you can save horses for.
    • Will choosing to train different training areas affect the outcome of the awakening, or the skills and stats of the Pegasus?
      • No, the current understanding is that there is no difference which training type you increase. Pick the ones you find easiest to collect items for.
    • Will the stats of my T8 affect the stats of my Pegasus?
      • Unfortunately no, your Pegasus will gain stats and skills independent of what you T8 may have had. Your level 30 Pegasus may turn out to be slower or faster than you T8 was. Take a look in the Pegasus Details section of this guide for an example of the stats a level 30 Pegasus may have.
    • Do I have to compete in horse racing in order to obtain the final awakening material?
      • No, you can obtain those final materials entirely through Imperial Training Seals if you prefer. Certain quests can also contribute to those items.
    • How do I get a Unicorn or a Hell horse?
      • No specific details have yet been released about either of these two fantasy horses. The current speculation is that they will be released individually in two future expansions but whether or not the process to awaken them will be the same, similar, or completely different is not yet known.

[​IMG]
    • Pegasus Awakening Resource Calculator by @Rinel

• Horse Skills and Courser Tracking Spreadsheet
      • A template of one of my own spreadsheets that allows you to keep track of the skills of each of your horses and automatically determine if they are a courser or not and how many skills away they are from being a courser.
      • Details on how to get it and how to use it can be found here: Skill Tracking Spreadsheet Details

• Compendium of Bookmarks: all horse related things by @Lady Minuit
      • A comprehensive list of all the different guides, tools, and interesting discussions that relate to horses.
      • If you have a burning question about horses and don't know where to look, this is an excellent place to start.
      • Check out Lady Minuit's collection here: Compendium of Bookmarks: all horse related things

• Official Pegasus Teaser Trailer

• Update: We have finally received our first glimpse of the Unicorn fantasy mount beyond concept art! Keep your eyes peeled for more information to come and enjoy the video below!

The details in this guide are based on information obtained from other versions of the game. The mechanics described may be implemented in part, in their entirety, or not at all for our region.

Questions, comments, and concerns are more than welcome and we now have our own forum subsection in which to discuss so have at it!

#1 Solest, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Kuzah, ClearArrow, Lixith and 37 others like this.
  2. Solest

The contents from this comment have been combined into the OP.

#2 Solest, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
    Jaylah, Kalyx, Silvite and 6 others like this.
  3. LadyRhapsody

Ooooh beautiful!! I love it. :)

2 people like this.
  4. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit Whanau Kunoichi 58 NA

Great guide very informative.

2 people like this.
  5. Bec

Bec

Is there a good guide to horse skills? I have seen many for breeding and capturing, but none for how horse skills work.

6. Horse Breeder Ralphy

Are you asking about horse skills in general? Or the horse skills for T9's? Based on the question, you seem to be asking about horse skills in general in a thread about T9's.

7. Bec

Bec

Yeah, in retrospect, I should not have asked this here, but when I read this post it got me interested in horses, and when I could not find anything substantial about skills, I automatically posted here. Should I delete it and this and post elsewhere, or will I get an answer here?

8. Horse Breeder Ralphy

I wouldn't sweat it. Just wanted to makes sure before I answered myself. A new thread might be better though.

I had a somewhat lengthy response written up, but realized that I'd just be contributing to going off-topic in this thread. Start a new thread and I'll be happy to contribute.

9. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit Whanau Kunoichi 58 NA

Here's a link you might find useful:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/9160-horse-skills/

10. XiaoLith

edit: missed the last section LOL

#10 XiaoLith, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  11. Impulse

Question about: The chance of success is currently estimated by players to be at 1%.

I've been farming a lot trying to get byproducts in advance of this release and it take a while to get enough to be 100% in the one category. And you still need 100% from the other two. How long does it take to get to 200%? How often can you attempt?

Because if it takes weeks (or months) of farming/gathering/fishing and the success rate is 1% then most people cannot expect a pegasus. Meaning it would take, on average, years or decades before success.

12. Solest

The 1% is just based on speculation. In regards to attempts, to my knowledge you can make as many attempts as you as often as you want as long as you have the items to do so. Getting to 200% can be as fast as a few minutes if you already have all the items. You can just spam the items into the training bar until its maxed (like you would pet food). I wouldn't know how long it takes to gather 200% worth of items though. That really depends on the dedication of the individual player, how they get the items, and if they're willing to buy some.

13. Impulse

Yeah that was my concern. It took 5 weeks of farming to get enough byproducts for 100%. If the fishing/gathering ones are uber rare then I don't see how you can try attempts very often.

14. Solest

A special video has been added to the end of the guide. Unicorn fans get ready!

15. GM Caramel

Game Master

Amazing guide. Well done. ;)

Solest likes this.
  16. Serabelle

Can we please, please, please have this stickied? ^_^

17. GM Caramel

Game Master

It is now stickied! :)

RamblingRose and Nyrante like this.
  18. Shaynae

I hope you submit this @Solest to the contest!

Solest likes this.
  19. Aastrid

@Solest Pleeeeease submit this into the guide event! <3

GM Caramel and Solest like this.
  20. Serabelle

Can we sticky this again? ^_^