1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still no Win7 fix...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TatzeDesMondes, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I can't, posting code get you banned, I don't want to share cruel fate of Bloo.

Kaishang likes this.
  2. Vanadiel

It has nothing to do with the OS. It has to do with the third party program they use to display certain HTML functions.

I don't know why people always have to get into a windows 7 versus windows 10 debate and ignore the actual issue, which is the third party unsupported application.

Thugarin likes this.
  3. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

Still, its extremely upsetting this can't be smoothly fixed, so looking at each week patch notes changed from "wooo, maybe they fixed it this week or gonna fix next <reading>" to "mmkay, seems like I should just forget about some features and events for next half or one year, there is nothing I can with help now"

edit: aswell as not even mentioning that it's progressing anyhow or when we can expect it to be fixed

4. Vanadiel

That is true, and since they officially support windows 7 as part of the game specifications for their product they have the duty to support and fix the software issue under windows 7.

Otherwise they have to remove windows 7 from the supported game specifications

5. Columba

Thugarin likes this.
  6. RipVonBongle

Absolutely hilarious that @Andaro and his coalition of white knights can't even take an objective stance for 1 second. If the game supports Windows 7, which it does, then Kakao should fix the problem. It is truly that simple.

Miley, SnakeAttack and Columba like this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

ok first off, you shouldn't make assumptions based on a single image response. Likewise I probably should explain my thoughts versus imagery, although no matter what statements are made yay or nay, this subject matter is what it is.

With that having been said, let me clearly express that I personally, as I have stated in another topic, prefer Windows 7 Ultimate. As a person that strives to maintain as much control over his system as possible, I enjoy the administrative controls within W7U that are simply obscured and dumbed down in W10.

When w10 was offered (and predownloaded) I revolted most vehemently against upgrading for several years, ever keeping a slipstreamed w7u usb key handy with all of the updates preloaded, and "crap" pre-gutted for a quick fresh install.

I am all too familiar with the plethora of bloatware and backdoors loaded into Windows by Microsoft and the industry's methods at pushing consumers to upgrade whether they want to or not, whether it's actually necessary or not. (Such as processors manufacturers selling the exact same processor for two different prices because one is "locked" into a certain spec and the other is not. <- its marketing bullsht and I'm fully against it.

I played around with Windows Vista, and I actually liked it once I customized and tinkered with its internal settings finding it wasn't much different than W7U, and Windows 8 I hoped would burn in the pits of hell.

The recent machine I bought, a notebook, came with W10 preinstalled, the usage of which I advise people against using, in favor of a clean wipe and fresh install from scratch to remove the factory "cloning effect".

But, against my better judgement I decided to use W10, a decision I have still been bouncing around between good and bad.
    While on one hand it has a plethora of features that I enjoy, nifty quick tab keys to switch up tasks, integrated designs and overall aesthetically pleasing.......on the other hand , even as much as I have secured internal settings, by various tweaks and services to gain more control over the OS and its security methods, I still find that no matter how many checks I put in place there are still too many bloated functions that simply aren't necessary for the OS to run and operate. It is not by any means a "lightweight OS" even though it is quite powerful under the hood.

With that having been said, so I believe that the developers should prioritize this issue of Coherant Support for W7 users, of which the largest share of the market is still using? Of course. Why would I not. You obviously want to reach as many gamers as possible and excluding gamers only hurts the game.

But, at the end of the day, I have to concede that the industry, namely Microsoft, and all of its partners, are going to force every Windows user into an inevitable upgrade and its only a matter of time.

So what I'm saying here is, even I the most stubborn of anti-upgrade fanatics gave W10 a shot, and I have to say its not all that bad. So yes I encourage you too to give it a.shot and try it out, it may very well grow on you.

But do I believe you should drop 300 bucks on a W10 license just so you can Play BDO? No, absolutely not. I certainly would not do so.

What I do believe is that harassing Kakao is not the proper course of action because they have and are doing all that they can do as a publisher. That energy of distaste needs to be focused at Pearl Abyss and Coherant Labs because they are the drivers of this boat. Kakao merely swabs the deck, so to speak.

But if we are being objective, both parties are to blame, the developer for not making it clear that windows 7 users may have certain issues, and the users for hanging on to what will inevitably be an obsolete OS.

8. Vanadiel

"What I do believe is that harassing Kakao is not the proper course of action because they have and are doing all that they can do as a publisher. That energy of distaste needs to be focused at Pearl Abyss and Coherant Labs because they are the drivers of this boat. Kakao merely swabs the deck, so to speak."

The problem is nobody from PA ever communicates directly with the US/EU players. Everything has to go thru Kakao.
    So yes, Kakao needs to do more to push the issue with PA.

I have a feeling Kakao is not pushing this issue hard enough, and PA does not realize how much users this affects because they do not have this issue in the Asian markets. It's specific to the US/EU market only.

Kakao needs to pull up their socks and push this issue as a top issue, not just put it on a list they translate into Korean and send over to PA.

Push, push, push.

9. ghoulz666

LOL now that's a white knight if I ever saw one.

10. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

Win 7 is obsolete, get over it.

11. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

"I dont see either what is the problem they are talking about win10 has. Its probably some bug that wont affect their daily life whatsoever but they still want to complain. Why dont they go and cry to MS about the fact that OS is no longer being supported. Why should this company support a system that is no longer receiving support from its developers? They are lucky the game still plays on that OS. I used to really like WIN7. I t was solid but something better came along and it has support."

you must be dense. The company supports the O.S and is on the approved list for system requirements that has not changed. Till then as has been stated by some astute folk , its the companies responsibility to ensure that their software is viable .

12. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

Preach

13. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Then why people using win 7 have more fps in games than on win 10 ?
    Windows 10 is obsolete and you know it.

14. Andaro

Ambassador

windows 10 is just bloated with too many background services built into the system. Have you seen how many instances of svchost are used to run many of them? Took me forever to knock out Cortana and lock her in a cage, and don't get me started with Windows Defender. Managed to get that fker isolated, but he still glares at you.

I love that Microsoft is beefing up security protocols and enhancing user convenience, but not at the cost of system overhead, performance, and user control.

Yet, alas, there isn't a windows competitor, and probably never will be.

15. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

LOL I have no problem with FPS on win10. My monitor supports 72 hz and it drops to 64 in town, 60 on bosses. Now I know you people are seriously full of crap. I give up. This thread is something special. I do hope they fix your issue so we dont have to endure the crying but holly crap, Making up lies just goes into another lvl.

16. Vanadiel

So you believe the problem is with the OS, not the software?

17. Vanadiel

I am not, I am affected by this issue myself.
    But it is not Kakao who writes the code for this game, that's PA.

And PA never ever speaks directly to the NA/EU market. And that is a big problem, hence why you see people question if PA even cares about NA/EU at all.
    Because if they are, they sure seem as distant as the Japanese Emperor.

PA needs to be pushed a lot harder on this and other issues.

18. ghoulz666

PA chose to use 3rd party software, and continues to even after those DEVs stopped support for it. It's not CO ui's fault for them choosing to use it still. And sure is hell not the player's fault when the lazy @#$ company makes enough money and is responsible for maintaining their product based on how they advertise it.

19. Peisinoe

I'm confused.... PA are at fault for using unsupported third party programs, but PA are also at fault for not prioritising fixes for players who use unsupported operating systems....

20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Pa version work, its kakao problem, only NA/EU windows 7 users have issue, for example korean client coherent ui works russian to,I literally checked in on same pc, same for other regions