1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still no Win7 fix...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TatzeDesMondes, Jul 4, 2018.

1. spandy

Hey m8 why didn't you reply to the whole comment? I dare ask again, where are you even here in the first place? you expert seem too good for us anyway, get off here and go out there advising in some giant company, go tell 'em m8, make you big money LOL or you just worry Kakao might overwork themselves yikes.
    Sighh also I would respect Kakao way more if they officially end Win7 support right now but hey it's still there on both Minimum to Recommended System requirement OS, I applause your effort of going out of your way to make this your problem for whatever gud gud reason I believe, even though it has nothing to do with you whatsoever lol

Rly dude, that's just low and not even the same thing nor accurate comparison, but with your statement doesn't that make you a former flat earth believer before Window 10 release thou, doesn't seem too bright either way? C'mon you're better than this

#81 spandy, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Atron

Idk trying to help a bit. There is no other OS available at the moment and there won't be.

Upgrading to Win10 is on your top priority list right now and if you are worried about privacy your have GDRP laws to protect you.
    Alternatively you could install some packet sniffing app on your network and monitor daily what is getting sent out :)
    If you will document your findings and see that some company is abusing you then you have a pretty solid court case that could make you rich.

Also if u are so worried about privacy why are you even playing BDO. BDO client uses Xcode anti-cheat that acts like a root-kit collecting info of what u have opened what you are doing and so on.
    Launcher from BDO client can (idk if they are doing it) is sending complete hardware info to Kakao servers, including your OS version, disk number, CPU serial, MAC address, IPs and so on.

3. Iwanttobeexpert

Upgrade to window 10, problem solved! And stop wasting BDO technical staff’s time with your stupid problems, no wonder we are not getting new and great content, because they have to deal with cheap people and whiners!

Alexandrious likes this.
  4. Kharognar

Win 7 works perfectly on Russian , Korean , Japanese Versions of Launcher / Steam on their respective Regions . It's Kakao's Fault that Win 7 got this problem due to mistaken Translation on the Coherent's coding . Therefore it's a Non Intented Bug that needs to be Hotfixed .

#84 Kharognar, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  5. Iwanttobeexpert

It only cost like 10 buck to upgrade to window 10 and would cost kapok hundredth of thousand of dollars to fix something this stupid! You do realize it will be other players, me included to have to pay for your own cheapness! I say shame on you!

6. Kharognar

It remains a bug , and i doubt it needs that ammount of money to correct a specific line of mistakenly translated code that's been pointed out already .

7. spandy

Did you even read my post, since when I care about privacy by using which version of Window? Care to protect your sensitive info, get and learn to use Linux, I already accepted that.

"Idk trying to help a bit." really now? help who? And with this
    Funny how you didn't fully quote my posts TWICE
    You are one full of sh** kid

8. spandy

source pls

9. Catastigma

Any Key site like instant gaming/gamivo

spandy likes this.
  10. kakodaimonos

There are so many... just google it.

11. Iwanttobeexpert

12. spandy

sure but no thanks i pass, I wait a bit more and buy the real one. Don't plan to upgrade just for this game anyway, I guess you can assume millions of mindless Win7 users live in a tent too so we can separate from you

13. spandy

seem legit, but heard few ppl bought Win key from them got revoked later thou. But good to know

14. Feroth

easy fix , upgrade to win 10

15. dlchris1

Easy fix, remove Win 7 from recommended and min system requirements. Because PA does not know how to fix ****.

16. FixWindows7UiIngameplease

this is not a solution

@Kakao Pearl Abyss get ur **** together and fix the windows 7 ui ingame please

17. airhead

uh... and now.... it WORKS...
    yesterday: win7, CoherentUI_Host.exe version 1.8.4.0, guild-info => blank window.
    today: win7, CoherentUI_Host.exe version 1.8.4.0, guild-info => IT WORKS.

@Kakao/pa: Interesting that you remained completely silent about the fix in the patch notes. I think you would have gotten some better PR if you had said something like "After much effort and low-level coding, working with our partners at MS and CoherentUI, we were able to fix the problem!" or something like that... OR perhaps the 'problem' (which started 2-3 months ago with one of your patches) was SO EMBARRASSING that the silent fix is better?

EDIT: k. had more coffee, found a line in patch-notes that 'improvements have been made regarding UI etc' ... So they did something that fixed it for me. Like throwing darts at a wall with a blindfold on, they probably don't know what the problem was; but just rolled something back to pre 3-months ago and put a vague line in the patch notes?

#97 airhead, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  18. Vanadiel

How interesting. Where are all the above posters now stating the solution is to upgrade to windows 10 (for free), because windows 7 is old and ancient and not supported anymore and blah blah blah.

I bet none of them will reply and admit they were wrong with their "fix" and it ended up being PA/Kakao's problem and had nothing to do with windows 7.

19. Alexandrious

Just upgrade to Windows 10, or junkout your alienware, ManUp *tm* and build a custom rig. Before something else gives you issues. lulz. :)

20. Vanadiel

You have no idea what you are even trying to say, do you?

FYI, I have them all available to me, but I will keep using windows 7 until EOL because that is my preference.