1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop it with these false bundles!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Skylar_Elena, Jul 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ZyZy

I'd like to wear my bikini [and it show] while sailing. Please.

2. ClearArrow

ClearArrow Ranger 63

If they sold the damn bikini's separately they would end up getting more money from me because I would quite like some for all my favourite alts. As it stands for the bundle, I have one I bought 2 years ago for my main but that is it. Not shelling out for useless crap included in 'bundles' for alts.

Seems like a loss on their part to me ^^

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Kekipi

Kekipi Lahn 62 EU

You guys should've mentioned the 2900 Bundle in the pearl shop announcement as that is the one most people would actually be interested in buying and would not notice it in the shop unless they click on the expensive bundle and see its options: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2962

As you are offering Underwear + The Coco/El Pento for 2900 which is a decent deal and most would consider it over the "Bikini Party Pack" that is pointless to most adventurers as people do not need Merv and Appearance change coupons when value packs exist. Could've just placed Value Pack in the bundle instead.

Zev, Ofdimaelr, Hoebbit and 2 others like this.
  4. RYnehawk

The real question here is who chose to include the 30-day Merv's Pallette and 30-day Appearance Change in the bundle?

That's what is insulting.

5. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

The marketing rep that thought they are oh-so-smart and subtle to put in useless 2k pearl worth of trash instead of a VP to inflate the bundle price further and make the "discount" appear better.

Its a 50 IQ marketing strategy, that unfortunately might work on some people.

Life2v, Hoebbit, 2Cents and 1 other person like this.
  6. zhagsten

I don't think it "works", it's just that it's backed up by a limited offer that offers no choice. We're at a point where they refuse to sell us the product at full price. They want to force us to spend more than the full price. They think carefully about what to include that people have no use because of redundancy. At that point they must be perverts.

v.klishev likes this.
  7. XLucaX

The most fascinating thing about BDO is the plenty amount of haters who still play the game lmao

8. Parthin

I've haven't bought any of the bundles ever because I'd be paying for useless filler. None of them has seemed like a good deal to me.

9. SnuffleBunnykins

I love the game. I hate some of the things they do to monetize it. Anyone would think they can barely afford to keep the servers up, but when a costume costs as much as a game alone, they should refrain from these cynical tactics imo. I already effectively pay a sub with a VP and am happy to buy things that are of value, but nice stuff among junk nobody wants understandably annoys people. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

10. zhagsten

What's really amazing is your inability to understand that we like the game and want to spend our money. But it was important for you to write your comment, because... ok actually if you have nothing to add to the topic, don't feel forced to make yourself look like a clown.

Life2v likes this.
  11. twelvepack

I'm sure somewhere in the 5 pages of replies that someone has corrected you, but I'll do it anyway..the coco outfit does not have the same bonuses as the shark outfit. It has all normal outfit bonuses, which the shark outfit does not, along with additional swim speed, and it can be socketed (the shark outfit cannot). You are ill-informed, and your argument/whine is invalid.

12. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

shark outfit got +149% swim speed coco got +105% swim speed

13. iller

Because we're now playing a GACHA waifu bait game with a more aggressive season pass than Dead or Alive 6

14. zhagsten

It's funny because I'm playing Epic Seven, an actual Korean Gacha Waifu bait game, and the developpers and publisher are far more respectful of the customers than PA and Kakao. Go figure.

iller and Motoko_Shi like this.
  15. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

They know how special BDO is to us so they exploit us for every drop. It's abhorrent.

Allan1985 and JM like this.
  16. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I love BDO..... Can't stand it's publisher and am often baffled by it's developer. Many are capable of simultaneously liking something and being critical of it

Allan1985, RYnehawk, Zev and 2 others like this.
  17. 2Cents

This abusive technique is explained in detail regarding how to psychologically manipulate customers. It's actually been around quite a few years and used for selling jewelry in early advertising. You pressure consumers into buying and prey upon their feeling of losing out.

It's a manipulative practice.

MagicalTabletopGirls likes this.
  18. twelvepack

The point is it should be priced higher than a normal outfit, because it has all normal bonus PLUS swim speed. OP used an apples-to-oranges comparison when a much better comparison was available which reasonably explains the item's price.

19. MagicalTabletopGirls

Azur Lane has better RNG odds than getting the gear you need in this game.

iller likes this.
  20. Gwennifer

Why is the discount so much worse for girls than guys? The difference in "base" price is 900 pearls; ie 1 bikini, but the difference in 'sale' price is 1000 pearls. You have to pay 11.2% more for everything for no reason.