1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stop killing rbf

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Wollbert, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

finally wake up and get your crap right with this content. RBF is unplayable right now due to your fail decisions.

garmoth nest is empty all day long.
    remove fkin garmoth from it, there is no reason for this dragon to interrupt pvp.
    Castle ruins is TOO SMALL for 60 people, limit it at 20 max.
    remove the invisible walls and stop adding more and more obstacles to the ground in Castle ruins.
    remove the goddamn dr buff or rework it with a brain.
    stop changing content in favor of whales all the time. they have already enough.
    fire your utter garbage game designers.
    The Marni Server are incredibly laggy

#1 Wollbert, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Life2v and Distaken like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

dr change is actually nice if u have some gear, allows playing without protected area. :D

while 60 people is maybe a few too much, 20 limit would be too little imho. that would be a skirmish at best, not the battlefield. would promote even more stealth engages and other fun **** currently happening in lower number rbfs. :D

they should REMOVE more of the obstacles on the ground. those stupid bricks and barrels and that crap that prevets you walking up normally up the planks that get u up the buildings. whats up with those things just placed there to annoy the living crap out of you while u r even walking, let alone burning mobility skills and fighting for your life..... its supposed to be pvp content, not player vs annoying leg tripping terrain content.

garmoth rbf sux because its basically flat circle area sprayed with some buffs and a very uncool dragon flying around.

3. Stalla

RBF is one of my favourite things to do in the game, however, there is no incentive to go there. One of the reasons is that a number of activities in game are measured with money per hour and the battlefield gives almost nothing. The 200 energy daily is nice and there is a lot to do with it, but that fits people that do gathering or some other life skill. A suggestion would be to simply move this daily quest somewhere else, leave the red seals and add a mechanic that gives money based on how much time is spent in the battlefield. For example, something around 15 mil per lost game and 20 mil per win with those two values being the maximim amount that is possible to get if you stay for the full 20 min. So a character enters RBF at (time stamp) leaves at (time stamp) and barabing baraboom by the magic of algebra they get an X amount of silver. Of course people that stay up at the vendor afk get kicked and get a 10- 15 min wait time for the next RBF and no silver.

With people actually being able to get money from RBF they will start going there aaaaannnnndddddd they will cc someone that is going to get up faster than the attackers animatin is over...or just have the whole battleground lag and they will never go there again. So those issues, that we have known for many months, will continue to push people away from RBF. Being killed by a geared player is fine since they are usually worth more points and you can at the very least try to support your team in some way to get them. Lag and desync are the things that keep the keyboard companies in business.

Another thing is the amount of buffs that everyone runs in the battleground. The fact that they are longer than the width of my screen is fine, but let the vendor sell them all (for silver, not gold bars). Also let them last as long as the battleground, meaning they dissapear when you get teleported out and for people that have the original buffs, let them be unchanged so that they can continue grinding when they finish the battleground.

To keep it short, a lot of the stuff above I agree on as well, with the addition to castle ruins houses. Now... I agree that being on the roof and shooting down at people is satisfying, however, runing up to someone trough enemies to get the guy located on that roof, grabbing them only to find yourself falling trough a hole in the roof while the shooter remains up there is a bit... interesting. On top of that they get down instantly while some classes hit the ledge of the roof and get rolled back so thay don't fall down. A good example of the roll back is the mystic's spiral torpedo (for reference).

4. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

I knew Garmoth Nest would die quickly,lots voted for it in new maps thread but since when do gamers know what they like.The map is just too boring for long term play.

Eryola and Chaos Ronin like this.
  5. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I really like it but I hate garmoth with a passion

6. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

RBF is a great thing in BDO where you suppose to tailor your pvp skill. Unfortunately its still being avoided by developers.

Recent map which they introduced is , in my opinion, given to the student which was so lazy that he simply copied some empty spot , moved it to the island and call it a new great rbf map. No obstacles inside, you get random groups hunting others, even respawn points arent prepared for being such thing, they simply chose few points up high and thats it.

Why not expand current map for a larger one so we can enjoy it?

7. alastersan

You mean the Red Mages and Ninjas battlefield?

8. Ahri-

Let's be honest garmoths nest is a completely fine map but the reason it's dead it's because it:

A. Doesn't favor mages who are 90% of the games population by this point

B. It doesn't have the same zerging potential and terrible players can't just sit in a Zerg and ks and leech

9. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

This is 100% true.

If you play a useless class like Maehwa you will be able to get kills in Garmoths nest because you can move around and 1 v 1 with other people.
    In the old thrash RBF map which everyone plays, you either play ranged class like wizard / witch / ranger / archer to spawn camp the opponents and play piano with your keyboard in safe range, or you play sorc / ninja to iframe 24/7 in melee range.

Try to play Maehwa and see how patheticaly useless this class is when half of our CC's got removed and every good skill is unprotected.

10. WhySoSeeryus

garmoths nest is basically heaven for geared mages to just run with blobs, what are you two smoking? :D hell, even as awaken wiz i found it extremely comfortable experience unless enemy team was much much stronger and was farming my team.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  11. sajdas

wouldnt the normal rbf map hinder the wizards much more as ppl can use line of sight against the mages? (like moving around building to avoid the attacks)

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yes and they patched buildings out of the map

13. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

SuccMaehwa is good apparently

14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

what? Garmoths nest is literally a ranged class dream and the reason a lot of people don't play it. Garmnoth is a problem for people too, although i liked that mechanic personally. The actual map is trash though... way too open for my taste but i do like the idea of the random buffs spawning everywhere.

15. Xenon

If Ninja is in iframe 24/7, then Maehwa and Musa are in super armor 25/8.

Yeah, honestly, with how open the map is, wouldn't it be easy for a wizard to teleport in and nuke? Or do damage from far away?

Eryola likes this.
  16. Ahri-

because there are multiple spawn points getting into a zerg of people is downright impossible without dealing with a bunch of people from the enemy team first, the map was open and allowed for maneuverability and it doesnt have buildings for succ wizards to sit on and cast down.

17. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

Iframe = you resist all damage and CC's
    Superarmor = you take less damage and you can get grabbed

RBF is not 1 v 1 playground.
    If you superarmor trade in 5 v 5 you will get blown up in 2 seconds, unless you got DP/Evasion build or you got full PEN and you fight against players with 261/265 AP which is low.

If you think that Maehwas kit is better than Ninjas, then i am afraid that you have no idea about pvp.

18. Derewen

what he ment is that ninjas movement isnt based around iframes, but rather on fgs, combine it with fast bursty movement and u get feeling its iframes, but in reality its not, ninja while moving is vulnerable from behind and also prone to fg destruction

to someone who didnt play ninja it seems like class is perma iframed and its also somehow old term that was thrown around for long time

IWalkAlone likes this.
  19. sajdas

Can you list me ninja i-frames and their cd? I would be very happy to know how to do 24/7 i-frame uptime with him when i play that class

Eryola and Xenon like this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

So they just have to make it so that usage of mobility and other offensive skills doesnt replenish fg on ninja :) good idea! :D