1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop making new classes and fix the actual game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by callmedady, Apr 1, 2020.

1. callmedady

I'm not going to introduce myself at all, i'm not known to post on this forum that much, but i'm sick and tired of the devs that does nothing to fix the actual game but keep releasing new contents, What does all the new content do? Sure it does add some great stuff to the game but more bad stuff in the end.

-lag issues
    -desync
    -hackers at hystria/aakman etc
    -unbalanced classes (guardian, lahn and you know the rest)
    -event exploiters (oh you know what i mean)
    -FPS issue, doesn't matter if you have a 10k PC, the game has memory leaks, you have to close and re-open the game every F**ing time.
    -events that if you miss one day, you wont be able to get what you want.

Sure the thing i've listed above are a few things and are debatable, but that's my opinion and i'm sick of this. Don't bring up the "if you're not happy then quit" BDO has been my favorite MMO since it first came out, and even with all the wrong things that the game has, it's still a really solid game.

Instead of releasing new classes and events, fix the actual game and focus on the real problems, because seriously it's getting to the point where people (like me) are less likely to log-in more often.

On that note, hope everyone is doing well, stay safe and sorry for my english, i'm french canadian :)

#1 callmedady, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Phoenixxx75, VasilisD and Patrik2991 like this.
  2. Nicottia

Nicottia Hyroshi Witch 62 EU

Well, in a perfect world it would happen, but since it's a KR MMO.... they need to sell costumes and whatnot for the new 'broken' classes to later nerf 'em to the oblivion. I am telling you, guardian will get nerfed in the next 6 months, she won't even resemble herself anymore.

But yeah, the memory leaks are the most annoying thing about BDO in my experience.

Phoenixxx75 and Patrik2991 like this.
  3. callmedady

agreed, like i said i didn't point out all the things that we're wrong with BDO, but there is one of them, the pearl shop aka p2w shop

Phoenixxx75 and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

That's a problem that is simply not gonna be solved ever, as it's a problem of how the game calculates stuff and how the servers handle it.
    They keep getting banned, but new ones keep coming. Hackers is a problem you will never fully solve in any online game.

The classes are not unbalanced. In bdo you achieve balance through unbalance. That means, all classes are strong in certain aspects and scenarios and weaker in others and the balance is pretty decent in that regard. Yes, some classes perform overall better than others, but that's not really a problem. You should pick a class that does what you want to do in a good way and you have plenty of choice to do so.
    You have to understand that you will never ever in any mmo have every class be viable at every role and in every scenario.

But that's the whole point of having such events. They want to you to stay logged in every day for that. It is your fault if you don't read event notes and miss days to login. Nothing to fix here.

Arch2k and Andaro like this.
  5. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

No lags recently, desyncs are impossible to fix since all happens on a client side, events are not required so if you miss it then you miss it deal with it.

Lahn op since when, guardian is actually strong but i wouldnt say op.

If you have no fun at all playing this game , why do you play it yet?

6. callmedady

did you even read what i said? I don't quite think so. I said i'm staying because BDO is a great game, i'm just pointing out the issues the game has. Next time before saying something, try to read what the other person said :)

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. callmedady

agreed on everything you said, however for the event part, it's not the fact that i don't read the events, it's just that i don't always have time to log-in everyday when i work. But yeah, there's nothing to fix here agreed

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

there are no roles, there are better classes and worse

9. callmedady

agreed, however there are classes that just does too much damage at low AP bracket, that being said, it's not because the class is OP, it's just that it was designed this way, and can or can not change in the future.

10. Lofty

All Korean games are built with the assumption that everyone playing it are within 200km of the closest server on high-speed internet.

When these games get ported to a reality where this is not the case, and especially by pretend publishers who use garbage cloud services to host because it's cheap, the netcode and poor service is immediately exposed for what it is; an amateur hackjob in every part of the chain.

Just look at how they only have west-coast servers for North America... That's a level of idiocy that can only be explained by a desire to make as much money as possible on an as skeleton operation as possible.

Souda, Arch2k, Naho and 4 others like this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

There are no official roles, but certain classes simply are better in different aspects of the game. For example a witch is bad in 1v1 scenarios but will excell at largescale warfare. The opposite would be the case for ninja. Guardian for example is pretty bad in 1v1 against any class with a grab or ranged classes that can kite but is pretty good in small/largescale warfare when she has other classes helping her apply the bigdmg.

A class only then becomes unbalanced when it excells at every area of the game more than other classes. The closest we got to this right now is a well played sorc, but even i, who hate sorcs more than everything in bdo, have to admit that she is still not so strong to call her op or completly unbalanced.
    In every online game where you can chose different classes/heroes/characters or whatever, you will always find some to be stronger than others, but rarely you'll see a class/hero/character be completly useless (and it's same in bdo).

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

then tell me what makes a guardian worse than a valk? or a ranger in 1v1? what can i do good with my Ranger for examble?

13. Waifu_Hunter

none of the things you asked for make money.

14. callmedady

Well its simple, guardian doesn't have the same kit that valk has. the reason why valk is much better than guardian in 1v1 is because she has way faster animation, wich makes her pretty hard to avoid any of her combo/skills, While guardian is very slow on pretty much all of her skills, wich makes her very predictable. What can you do with your ranger? Ranger is one of the top class in 1v1 if played right.

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

and because of? i want a skillname or something thats better on Ranger than on any class.

16. callmedady

I agree with what you said, however, sorc is pretty OP, she is not broken but really hard to counter, good sorc are mostly impossible to kill if they are geared (evasion build) and know what their doing. However, her skill ceiling is so high that most players don't know how to play her well.

AZzalor likes this.
  17. callmedady

what are you even asking mate...? Ranger is good in 1v1 because of her kit (awakening and pre-awakening) she can kite, and fight close with grab, CC's etc. Watch rangers video on youtube, like critical and other rangers.

18. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i want you to tell me how you think this is strong if any class has better abilitys to kite, better grabs or even better range.
    this sound like "look there are 2 Ranger on my Server and they are good" because they are good players. and they are good players because this class does not work without it. they are probably also good ninjas or sorcs.

19. Netreiam

I agree with your overall point, but this is a bad one.

Valk (esp succ) is better than guardian in 1v1 because speed is usually better than protections due to grab. (Ranger is more contentious but I'd prob say they are around the same tier as guardian maybe?)

That said, I would point out the fact that witch and wizard, who were always excused as being "too good at large scale to deserve to be able to 1v1, have gotten plenty of buffs to make them better at 1v1

Also there are plenty of classes that lack in more than a few areas heavily with no significant ability over other classes.

Imo people just use that argument to perpetuate the status quo.

20. MrocznyMuffin

Ok, so basically dunno if you know how development works but I guarantee you that there are teams of developers and each one is responsible for different stuff.
    -lag issues - server dependant, besides it's not only Black Desert. The whole world is struggling with increased network usage and that's why these lags occur atm.
    -desync - server issue, they said already it is to be optimized, 'cause they don't like the current state of the game. It's not a simple issue, it requires time.
    -hackers at hystria/aakman etc - that's actually a fair point
    -unbalanced classes (guardian, lahn and you know the rest) - balance is work in progress, they keep balancing classes with every patch
    -event exploiters (oh you know what i mean) - If you didn't notice there is a GM's post regarding this one.
    -FPS issue, doesn't matter if you have a 10k PC, the game has memory leaks, you have to close and re-open the game every F**ing time. - dev's during one of the streams said the game optimisation is still s**t and they are going to fix it. It is a long process, they have to optimize the code part by part, check whether some issues occured etc.
    -events that if you miss one day, you wont be able to get what you want. - That's actually bs. You can reclaim attendance rewards during weekends, you have plenty of time to acquire things, these events last like 2-4 weaks each.

You are a typical player that is complaining about every single thing no matter what's done. If you want FPS issues and desyncs fixed immediately they'd have to stop patching bugs and stop with creating new content for like months because of how big the game is and then you'd be complaining about the fact that the game is dead because no new content is being added.

TL;DR : Chill and give 'em some time.