1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stop nerfing to balance

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DanksRippin, Sep 11, 2018.

1. DanksRippin

balance can be acheived by buffing weaker classes. every time a class gets nerfed it pisses off the players who play that class. Wouldnt it be better to instead buff the weaker classes making them happy, while leaving alone classes that didnt need buffs. im so sick of leveling toons to 60/61 only to have the classes kit completely nerfed shortly after achieving 60/61 and buying pearl convenience stuff. nerfing for balance only pisses people off.

2. Catastigma

PA did exactly this during the last 2 years. add Super-armor i-frame/more CC on everythink. The game was completly no-brain Grap-meta to win.

So Nope. Buffing infinitly will just cause more trouble. the past is a enough proof.

Pa have just to perfectly follow thier rule about protected skill = No CC. without any exception.

A game is balance when the rule is respected.

#2 Catastigma, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. DanksRippin

things very obviously arent currently balanced and their new approach didnt change anything from before.

4. Catastigma

personnaly i feel the game more balance that before. the issue its the scaling of the AP. and PA already know that AP renown its completly Overpower.
    A nerf of 80% of the AP renown score will fix praticly everythink about OP classe. Cause this would completly remove the instant kill aspect. that its realy boring.

Actualy every classe with 270+ AP its just a instant kill festival. Only the engage matter. and its pretty not fun personnaly. and the only responsable of this its the AP renown.

One combo meta its personnaly not realy fun. a duel would a duel should last 3 min. Not 8 sec. the node wars should last 1h. not 10 min.

5. Gavad

Disagree, I like the faster pace we have now. Personally I would find a 3 minute duel to be boring. It's already boring enough chasing sorcs/tamers/musas down for 3 minutes, if I had to do that for every class I would start watching movies on a second monitor while PvPing. It would be just like PvE grinding. No thanks!

6. Catastigma

so you prefer one shoting everythink.

so the game is perfectly balance for you. just get 280 Ap and one shot everythink. zero skill need. zero learning about your combo. just doing one skill.

too fast paced its no reflexion game. so a no-brain game.

with 3 min duel you have to manage your mobility. stamina, hp/mp pots, dot for timig the hp pots of your opponant. using every of your skill rotation/cc correctly to perfecly dominate your opponante.

Where actualy. you press one buttons and kill everythink. require zero brain activity. even CC change is useless. cause the damage is so high that you can still one shot a guys during a super-armor

#6 Catastigma, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. DanksRippin

1-2shot, 1combo pvp is an issue, but a different one. renown was added to the game to help new players clear content according to a post awhile ago by pa. they should completely remove renown from pvp, but thats a whole different issue. please dont derail my post

8. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

Yes it did change. It brought the game closer to how things were before awakening. With awakening you did not have proper fights. It was like both people talking in a dialogue without listening to the other by casting their full protected rotations and not care what the other one casting until they land a CC because the enemy lagged out or he was playing a subpar class back then that didn't have good SA transition between skills.

That is not a fight. Now at least you need to be reactive because for most classes in order to land a CC you need to be exposed in an "unprotected" maneuver. Of course there are a few skills/classes that still don't follow this rule but the state is far better than before. It requires more thinking and reaction.

EvL, Hooters and Vunak like this.
  9. DanksRippin

the point i was making was stuff still isnt balanced, and a large majority of the people i talk to dont think its better then before.

Blackhearted likes this.
  10. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

No they are far from balanced. And there are some classes that are in dire condition (like tamers). But the combat system is much better overall. And in order to get to this point they have to subtract quite a bit from each class. So no it is not about bringing up everyone. Sometimes when you do that you bland the combat....I understand the "psychology" part of that but it is not always the solution.

#10 Delolith, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    JM likes this.
  11. Decem

Can you ****ing ask your parents to pay you english lessons jesus christ.

12. This^

Way to be a complete ****.

13. Catastigma

Rysingmoon likes this.
  14. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

then why i lost SA from non CC skill, and half SA skill lost CC why it dont have half CC?
    PA dont even know what their own rules are

15. Catastigma

is exactly the issue. thier dont follow the rule that trying to respect. that why the balance patch is definitly not complete.

16. Factorial

Totally agree. I have been saying this for a while now. Instead of nerfing and destroying classes, make the weaker one stronger

17. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

You can't perfectly balance a game with multiple different classes. It is nearly impossible.

You can't just bring all the weaker classes up like you suggest. Balance is a very intricate dance and going over or under on it to much can cause catastrophic issues. I am not saying PA has a very good track record of this, because they obviously don't. But generally they nerf over performing classes because they are over performing in various instances of the game (general rule of balance, not PA specific).

Each class will have inherent weaknesses, this is why Pre-Awakening was generally considered more balanced than after everyone got awakening. PA tried to harvest out those inherent weaknesses those classes had with the awakening toolkit and destroyed a lot of the balance they built into the game. Not that pre-awakening was perfectly balanced either.

I'm pretty happy with where the game is now in terms of class balance. Though there are definitely issues (Witch/Wizard PA for example). But I feel its closer than it has been in awhile. If it were up to me I would delete all the awakenings and bring back how the game was when everyone just had their main hand weapons and built onto that system rather than the massive switch in play style awakenings give at level 56. But that is just me.

Sevyrn likes this.
  18. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

Nerfing overpowered and toxic for gameplay abilities is crucial for the game to be fun. Skills like warriors lingering SA or ninja/kuno stealth or zerker/ranger poke are/were way too punishing for opponent and left as little as no counterplay. This cannot be fixed with just buffing the other classes since you would have to buff them really hard to counter those mechanicsa and doing that will cause multiple unbalances between those classes then aswell. It is way easier to balance out those 3 op classes/mechanics than buff and balance out all the other classes, simple.

LigtZ, EvL, Delolith and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gavad

How are you going to say there is no counter play to warrior SA, stealth, and ranged attacks when you play a tamer who has counter play options for ALL of those scenarios? Hello?

20. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

LSA you just had to grab the warrior , well , too hard to land a grab for noobs like you
    Kuno/ninja stealth is still a thing & it's easily countered by doing aoe cc
    Zerker/ranger pokes kid you just gap close & kill them wth u talking about ?

it's because of noobs like you that everything gets nerfed to garbage state & leaves us with a static gameplay
    gratz o/

Tacarmato and Gavad like this.