1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stop new market place and pearl increases before added

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shimoyaki, Feb 11, 2019.

?

should the increase to pearl items and implementation of new market be stop'd before its added?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 62 NA

And what's the problem starting with seraps? Hell, I started with scarlas and this is /well/ before asulas came out.

Had grunil when 250 dp was sought after, ulted it as soon as item reformation came out. People forget that all these stepping stones are still in the game.

We have to stop telling players that they should skip everything and just get boss gear because that's all that matters in the end.

There is a reason boss gear from the /launch of the damn game/ is still relevant. It's supposed to be a long fought journey, and we're LUCKY to play a game where end game gear isn't a revolving door that's made irrelevant with each new expansion.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

nothing wrong with seraph. but i asked you - then what?

3. Vanadiel

If you are going to play the game for the long haul, you might as well get boss gear from the start and upgrade it as you go along.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Thelemna

Tet serap (24ap) is a step below Tri orge (25ap), which is part of a soft cap set up. So if you're asking what comes after serap, it's ogre.

And if you're implying that it's too expensive for new players, if they're pushing softcap, they aren't new anymore.

5. WhySoSeeryus

So new players should tap tet seraphs? really?

6. Thelemna

Nope, new players should head for asulas. You are forgetting the beginning game. You even said yourself that new players are struggling with 10m/hour. Why would they chance enchanting something 20m a pop? Your fallacy was assuming beginners are in seraps. They're in asula, I just answered your question as to what comes after seraps--

It's not a newbie item. It's middle of the road gear.

You can do that, sure, but it makes no sense to wear +7 low max dura boss gear when you can tri-tet (or BUY tri-tet) ult greens in the meantime.

Of course obtain what boss gear you can and enchant as you go, but there is no reason to wear it just because everyone says it's the only worthwhile thing in the end. There is a middle game.

tylon and MoonDance17 like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

Im
    Im All for middle game and budget solutions but there isnt a simple solution to get to tri ogre. 5 ap jumps are huge. And everyone and their mother wants 5ap scaling necks

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

They reeeeeeally shouldn't have made green and blue gear so skippable. But since price caps were never updated (imo they shouldn't exist), boss gear eventually became a thing you can grind in 1 day without even tryharding. Like, I can literally pay the bid price for it in a bit over an hour of grinding.

9. WhySoSeeryus

Soon with a second of swiping abundance of options arise for new players :D

10. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

New players ask the wrong people how to make silver most of the time. Attitudes behind statements like yours drive people who know how to make high silver with nearly no gear from bothering to answer such questions simply because they do not like to waste their time with someone who will question them at every step of the way or argue their method is ******** just because they aren't doing the method right.

There's been options since 2 years+ now, lol. WTF have you been smoking?

Thelemna likes this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

Yea but now they can double the excitement. :D

12. Thelemna

Except if you are actually taking those "middle of the game budget solutions," it's not a 5 ap jump, it' s 1 ap jump from tet serap to tri orge, and if the road to tri ogre is too steep at the time, you may have cheaper upgrades in your other slots (tet witch pre tri tung ear that will serve as your back up for tri-tet tung ears).

I mean, I bought tet serap that was just sitting on the market out of bid for 2.-something-b 5-6 months ago. Take the smaller jumps and make it a marathon and not a race.

Yeah, price locks made obtaining the gear really easy, but the bottle neck especially for new players was always the enhancing. That's why middle of the road gear is still important. You can obtain boss gear easily now, but it's hard for new players to take the gear to a point where is is truly useful.

I was sitting on muskans and giath for months because the set bonus from grunil outweighed switching to my lower enchanted boss gear. New, new players, especially ones without passive income, are likely in the same boat but with different pre-end game gear options now.

13. WhySoSeeryus

Its not easy to make tet seraph and its not easy to snipe it either. they wont be able to snipe it soon anyway.

14. Thelemna

In my case, it wasn't even a snipe. Snipe is winning bid. It was just sitting there out of bid.

But in any case, no, it's not supposed to be that easy. It's a step below soft cap gear and you keep talking about it as if newbies are supposed to be going for it and they are not supposed to be.

15. WhySoSeeryus

So u got mega lucky. Figures. Its easy to preach about not being hungry when uve been fed properly.

Since hitting 62 my TRI acc enhance rate is 4%. Thats 1/21

And people around me made 2-4 tet jewleries meanwhile. Please be like them and tell me how its not hard but a little effort.

Or be that guy who fewclicked 2 pens and tell me how its supposed to be hard while i clicked 3 times more than him and didnt get it.

TET seraphs for new players waiting on buy. Yea. I wish they have that commodity.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Rayin

You, me, others will leave.
    Many, new players and even who never played anything, will be eventually lured into this game with false promises, footage taken from this version or others just to show what kind of amazing graphic has, footages of the many things (tedious as soon as you dig enough into the game), pumped YT combat gameplay will be sent by Streamers or PA itsel and all the positive things they'll say will cover anything bad you can say, as they're doing right now.

There's a reason if people started to play Archeage once again when they made a fresh start, you could read everywhere, from the PR to the regular users "No dude, listen to me. This time it won't be pay to win, they learnt for real, they won't risk to let down people again and sink Archeage, is a brand new game and it could generate a lot of moneyZ, dude, it's gonna be freaking epic you'll see" and bam, now from what i've heard from some friends that have played it briefly due to hype it's the same shìt all over again with small differences.

Yeah, i heard it, didn't play it directly on the original servers nor in the fresh one, so i base my informations on what i've read and heard.
    But still if you look at how it's doing on the various platforms people are quite unhappy and the population number kinda gives you an idea of how the things are settled, compared to the beginning of original servers and the initial numbers of users after some months from the fresh start.

17. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

You can't stop the P2W train, it's at full speed ahead

Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.
  18. MoonDance17

You can do it but a beginner cannot.

19. Ciccina

Ciccina Sorceress 60 NA

Poor people still crying because poor.

20. Alicia Dominica

Doubling the price of pearl-items is still nowhere near enough in order to properly balance pearl to silver ratios. No worries, no-lifing the game will still easily win over swiping the credit card.

It's absolutely hilarious how all the hypocrites had absolutely no problem sniping pearl-items off the marketplace or scamming actual paying customers for pearl-items over trade-deals, but god forbid people selling pearl-items actually getting some decent silver for it in return.

Souda, v.klishev and Fearless V like this.