1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop pay 2 win

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by easypr0, Oct 19, 2018.

1. easypr0

hello! my first suggestion : Everyone who spent 100+ euros or playing hardcore in this game knows that its pay to win. My suggestion would be to stop adding pay to win items and change the current pay to win items that are avaible in the game. the server losing many players obviously and the game is going to die as soon as a similar caliber mmo comes out unless things get fixed.

2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

The subject of pay2win is a debate far larger among gaming communities than the industry itself. I can tell you that new cash shop items will never stop being created. You would have better chances of influencing what kind of cash shop items are created by suggesting new cash shop items that players wish to purchase, that don't offer negative side affects that those in the anti-P2P debate are against, such as vanity, convenience, function, etc.

You will get new cash shop items.
    What items you get, well that depends on how you spend.
    That goes for any game, not just BDO.

3. Hoschelhoff

Removing pay2win is a win/win scenario.
    Kakao gets better reputation and returning players.
    Players get happy.

Though I suspect any thread regarding p2w are promptly ignored for some reason.

4. Qba

Qba

Don't like things as they are? Just stop playing as I can assure you that nothing will change. So save your self getting into depression and change game if you can't cope with things as they are.
    GL

elynia01 likes this.
  5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Are you gonna pay salary to developers/publisher and bills ? Happy players - what is that ? if you not happy with product, stop using it. BDO is a business to make money, not to make players happy.

Qba and elynia01 like this.
  6. Tacarmato

Then we should mass quit, protesting that there are too many pay2win pearl items. Many games have a in-game shop but it's only for exterior purposes etc.

7. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

The only alternative to the current pay2win stuff I see would be a subscription like you somewhat have with the value pack. Make the game cost 15$ per month and make all cash shop items purely cosmetic.

Cthulette likes this.
  8. Eynix

This game is definitively pay2win, anyone saying differently is either delusionnal and/or dishonnest. The real problem is that, despite his p2w aspect and all its flaws, the game still works very well in terms of profit. So why would they do any of what you're suggesting ?

#8 Eynix, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  9. AtomicPotato

No one hold you.
    This model give much less profit then premium model, and player base drop down significant. If you spending 15$/month on BDO you'll have all "p2w" cash shop items in 1 year.

Qba likes this.
  10. elynia01

and just for the records .. which items excactly are p2win ???

11. Eynix

Define "winning" and I'll answer your question.

12. elynia01

no , sry, i want u to give us the information which items u excactly consider paytowin. If u feel mad/sad/bad enough about those items to even make a forumspost, u should at least be able to know about what ur talking .. so pls enlighten me

13. Eynix

I'm trying to do it. Define what "winning" means for a MMORPG brother, and I assure you that enlightenment will come your way. Also, it's kind of cringy how you tell people they don't know what they're talking about while refusing to define a term in your question.

14. elynia01

win WHERE ?

horse breeding ?
    farming ?
    horse race ?
    nodewars?
    lifeskilling ?
    pvp ?
    pve ?

plss.. just list the items u consider p2w

15. runbat

runbat 1

add more p2w.

i want to buy full pen stuff for all my toons.

i vote for more p2w! gib

16. Alcathoe Noctis

Some people have more time, some other have more money. So some people do progress with artisan or Kamasylve from pearl shop, some others invest more time.
    Overall it's the same progress, despite rng in general. Than there are people with time and money. This people will always be ahead. If you want to compete with 280 ap guys, you will not catch up, if you don't invest same money and time. If you have no money and no time for bdo, you are wrong in bdo regarding competitive pvp. You still may play bdo as farming simulator.

It's foolish to think you may invest less and get the same. Bdo is progressing long term.

Since RELEASE I ONLY USE value pack, that's it. Play 3 h each day. If this investment is to much for you regarding your hobby, no one may help you. I never have had the mindset a pw2 player is far ahead. 280 ap one shots me. I one-shot with 256 him too. Soooo, what's the problem?

Eynix likes this.
  17. Eynix

So, let's say winning in BDO is getting full PEN gears.

It makes at least the following items p2w.: Costumes (most of them bc melting + help on craft), caravan (grind help), pets (grind help), mem arts (enhancement help), weight (grind help), inventory space (grind help).

18. Eynix

I agree. But then, the big design mistake in my opinion was to make PvP such a big thing : there's no way to balance such a system without negating the money players spend in the shop (AKA equilizing gears).

Cthulette likes this.
  19. AtomicPotato

This is problem with all P2W whiners, they do expect: to actually catch up someone, they expect to be done in a week, maximum month, they think you can legit pay to win.
    Go back to WoW and keep worship it, all Korean MMORPG designed around gear/progression based PVP. Just pay you 15$ sub and keep play "best pvp" ever made in WoW.

elynia01 likes this.
  20. Eynix

What is wrong with you, you forgot your pills or something ? Fyi I never played WoW, I never liked it. If i'm playing Bdo it's obviously because to me, it's one of the best right now. Doesn't mean it's any good tho, it just mean the MMO scene is sh*t those days.

#20 Eynix, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    elynia01 likes this.