1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop pay 2 win

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by easypr0, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Cthulette

Personally, I think the only way this game would be P2W is if you are heavy into PVP, you can PVE everything and do all the content without end-game full-pen gear. The only thing I could see being needed consistently would be a VP.
    But that's coming from someone who actively avoids PVP, and snipes gear instead of enchanting, so what do I know?

Rayin and Eynix like this.
  2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Because you suggest to sht over loyal customers face who play progression game and pay for game. So some new player who don't invest anything can competitive with them ? I'm playing and pay to sht on this kind of "new players" and i'm very happy about this. MMO scene is perfectly fine, its always was like this - whoever invested more always win , its just a modern "players"who want everything right now and for free. So there is solution "1st MMO" WoW, or just play other game.

3. Eynix

ok I'm done with you, dumbdumb the capitalist. Since money is all you understand, there : I legit give you 1k€ via paypal if you can quote where I said in this thread that BDO should equalize gears and therefore "sh*t on their loyal customers". Thanks bye, don't talk to me again, except for the quote ofc. Have a good life.

4. AtomicPotato

Untitled.png

This one, i understand this as "BDO pvp design is bad, equalized pvp is best pvp"

5. Eynix

Yes, and visibly what you understand isn't what you read because it's litteraly written : "There's no way to balance the PvP without equalizing the gears". Did I suggest anything to anyone ? Did I suggest some changes within the game ? I don't think so.

Cthulette likes this.
  6. Cthulette

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty, this isn't helping towards the topic.

Rayin likes this.
  7. AtomicPotato

Just wait for twitch lan finals with equalized gear, u'll see "balanced pvp" at it best. Hold on what is balanced PVP in role play game?

8. Eynix

Stop talking to me, I have nothing to say to you.

edit: let's try that "ignore" feature.

9. Alcathoe Noctis

I think the main problem is not the pearl shop. It's the change of the mindset some gamers have these days.

These days you get everything in time, one day after, you may stream on Netflix every time. The usual demand may satisfied emmidiatly.
    So some people expect this to be the same in Korean grind games like bdo.
    That's the reason they complain all day long about the same things.

You have 2 options.
    Do something about it or stop playing it.
    Complaining all day long never helped someone in life. Money rules the world.
    In that mind, have a nice day :)

Cthulette, Valciera and AtomicPotato like this.
  10. Rayin

Most honest comment i've seen in forum since a year.
    Yeah, people complain mostly about PvP because it was one of the aspects it was advertised for: a full OwPvP experience where you could fight competitively for castles and nodes with a stunning graphic, great customization of character models and outfits & exploring components, then they slowly changed every definition making it just OwPvP/PvE with exploring and stunning graphic, putting less emphasis on PvP.

Many people have bought it for the PvX component, knowing anyway that a game can't be only PvP if is Open World unless you're playing a PUBG and similar kind of games, but it was still PvX, which means that there was a big PvP component.
    What we have instead is a massively unbalanced game where gear matters and most of enhancing mechanics that are there as gate to stop who has too much time and resources, can now be skipped via swiping your card.
    It wouldn't have been such a gamebreaking issue a year ago before the implementation of Renown Score & AP Bracket Bonus, but they did that change prior Outfit melting to make gear more relevant on purpose.
    And watered the PvP combat to make more RNG and less action, leaving some classes untouched while others can't basically PvP in mass and can't PvP in 1 vs 1 against certain match-ups.

Which affects also the PvE experience to some extent, as you can't grind peacefully at top spots without triggering a war with people that are swiping or playing since beta actively & hardcore and be turned into minced meat.
    And what top spots do? generate more silvers. So who can spend now, is definitely ahead.
    It's not a coincidence that during the first day of Outfit Melting we had 43 PEN in 2 hours while prior to that they were like 2-3 in a week or 4-5 days, Reddit mobs took down that post too, but there were screens proving that. I dunno if are still around Internet, but this proves that PEN is easier than ever to achieve if you use Cron Stones, something that was good even before that implementation.

But why is Cron Ston melting so problematic? because contrary to the in-game vendor, melting outfits neats you twice the amount of Cron Stones that you would buy from it. And those Cron Stones upon failing give you Caphras energy, a system put in place to make your enhancement successful after many fails.
    And on top of that you can still use Caphras stones to speed up the process or make it guaranteed, because you're going to save in-game money to either buy the PEN that you need, the Caphras that you need or other resources that you badly need.

It's a system that everyone can use, from the unemployed to the employed one as long as you have some spare money for that. So it's not a catch-up mechanic for who has a full-time job and no time to spend in game, if anything they could've made this game equalized gear wise in PvP.
    It's just another mechanic introduced to push you to spend money to be relevant, mainly in PvP but certainly in PvE too, because you're never going to overfarm a Sorc with top gear that wants your grindspot as you're not going to beat her unless you play Sorc yourself, Ninja or Mystic, basically few selected class that either haven't been touched so much with the recent PvP changes aimed to nerf the Awakening toolkits or had a main-hand toolkit that was too good to begin with compared to other classes.

So now we have this situation where everyone is frustrated and P2W is perceived even more than in past. P2W, a definition made by MMORPG players that constantly change and adapt like every other term on this Planet. As "convenience items", to distinguish in some games what is there for your use just to help you, without giving you too many benefits.
    Where's the line between them can be clear or not. But in this game gear matters, so i'll leave to your honest, Chtululicious bum, your own conclusions.

Cthulette likes this.
  11. Cthulette

You are most certainly correct in that gear matters. In this setting, you have to battle it out for grind spots with other players, and PvP seems almost inevitable. As I said before, I actively avoid it, meaning I run away like a chicken, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm a chicken when it comes to PvP. But since I don't PvP, and don't seek it out, enchanting to PEN isn't necessary for me to do, as I can fight and grind anything with what I have now, mostly TRI/TET that I've gotten off the market as opposed to enchanting it myself, because I'm poor. (T_T) Almost all of my characters have several outfits, that I win off the MP consistently, so I've had no need to really buy them myself with Pearls, so it's definitely possible to get those outfits for melting into Crons without spending money. Just a lot harder.

But yes, I completely agree with you that gear most absolutely matters in this game, I'm just saying there are ways to do it that don't require REAL money.... but perhaps a lot of real patience. Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't enchant, so I obviously don't fully know the other side of things.

Edit: But if you enchant yourself, BOI YOU NEED DEM ARTS

#31 Cthulette, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Rayin likes this.
  12. Rayin

That's the issue good tentacled monster-lady, in a way or another if you don't want to lose your sanity or feel depressed, you're pointed at the Cash Shop if you wanna do it by yourself.
    And if you go at Gyfin, you can't do it by yourself with a miserable hybrid TRI/TET unless people carry you, especially with some classes.
    But yeah, not going further to list, else it feels that i want to force my opinion.

It depends as you say, but certainly farming just silvers over and over again won't bring you anymore as far as in past, especially with all the Fish-Botters, Hystria Hackers, SMH exploiters & Castle Payouts that are around, screwing up the economy and placing astronomical pre-orders on stuff.

Oh well.

Cthulette likes this.
  13. Cthulette

You definitely have a point there. The MP/other economies are royally screwed up, even if I have good luck on some occasions.
    *Wiggles tentacles frumpily*

Rayin likes this.
  14. Tacarmato

In fact, I've not asked for anything.

15. elephantgrey

Is this the place to ask them to sell more weight limit?

Alcathoe Noctis likes this.
  16. CrescentTigress

I like P2W just one more option... and I love options.. Its nice to be able to choose to spend some extra cash to enjoy a game I love.

17. Ghoast_

Ghoast_ Musa 62 NA

Yes let's stop it right now. Charlie Sheen is getting pissed

18. SAROMON1989

So you're an PvP player? So far I'm playing only PvE and making working empire and trade and other Life Skill stuff. Doesn't look pay 2 win for me. Cheers! :)