1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop Restoring Crystals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Reapzer, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

It is pointless as you for some reason for your own greater good and well being need the support to not give players crystals back. Maybe even out fo good will to satisfy customers, but apparently its leaving you restless at night, that there are those bad people that got a crystal back and its ruining your day and your whole game experience in bdo.
    An archer can for example just keep coming and try to cc you from max range. He has no intention to fight and just wants you to be miserable. He also does not want to farm there. Eventually after 212 tries you die to a mob as highend spots like stars end actually hurt. You deserve to lose 3 crystals with 500mio total value. I totally see that now. The same dev team that put in immense neg karma penalties put it this mechanic to be used in that way, obviously.
    If I order something in a restaurant and as small bonus they gift me a free drink, are you the person standing up in rage pulling out your axe and smithering my table into oblivion for the unjustice just happened?

Stillwaters likes this.
  2. Reapzer

Maybe stop Griefing, as I said Sandbox MMO

3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Well first thing I do not grief and secondly as I already mentioned you apparently cannot understand the difference, even if thouroghly explained.
    You also still could not explain, how it matters for you personally, when someone no matter why gets a crystal back.

Stillwaters likes this.
  4. Reapzer

You don't explain mate, you simply cry about game mechanics, at least I'm dissapointed about blatant exploiting.

5. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I am just speaking to a wall I guess. So even if I explain it again in a 2000 word essay you will just say: "cry, no explain" while again ignoring to even mention why you are bothered so much when someone else gets a crystal back.

6. GAiNZ

agree with OP, if u suffer from lag/internet issues u probably shouldn't be in a place that mobs can kill you.

same when it comes to pvp.

also I feel, if u cannot afford to lose/replace it you shouldn't be wearing it.

simple really, until the mechanic is changed or removed no one should get free ****.

7. Reapzer

I'm bothered because it damages the market.

8. Tjaranis

if people could magically tell when the server will be ****, what latency they have, if there is spikes etc.
    they would...
    but maybe understand that people can't and besides your very first 2-3 weeks you will Never die to pve as the intended mechanic was meant to do, therefore the extremely harsh punishment if you do (which is moronic in itself as it discourage you from doing anything than mindless easy mode circle grinding; which is part of its intent to bore you to pay to avoid play)...

either way people don't lose crystals worth anything to intended mechanics; they lose them to exploits, latency, desync, bugs etc. but NOT to the intended mechanics of taking on an enemy which was too hard.

there is also Zero incentive to do so as you are Vastly nerfing your silver/hour if you cannot 1-3skill a group of mobs.

btw:
    also, don't give your ignorant opinion on subjects you clearly lack basic knowledge about. as a general rule

edit:
    it is also harder than you think to get a crystal back unless they determine it is not on your end and not your fault in any shape or form; you will Not get the crystal back...
    go and try to lose one on purpose and see if you can get it back, I can tell you right now you won't get it back; even lost crystals on obvious dc/latency people often do not get back.

9. Factorial

Can you show the data how it damages the market?

10. GAiNZ

don't brand people ignorant just because you don't agree with their POV. you didn't have to read my comment, neither did you need to reply.
    just saying, take that as a general rule!

I stand by my comment.

#30 GAiNZ, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  11. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

It does not. If it would influence the market that much jin viper would be at the min price possible (maybe like 20mio) and be stacked up without being sold. I mean if everyone gets his crystal back you would see that after over a year of those things being released.
    Also if the support decides that they want to handle that matter in the way they do, I do not get how you can come up and demand them to stop. They make the rules, not anyone else. They can handle it however the **** they want.

12. WinterMilla

It would be odd if support gave someone 3300 of an item, yet at the same time I'm sure they could remove them.
    When it comes to crystal breaking and the lose of Exp I don't think it really teaches you much. Most people who play this game really don't know how to even play their class, they just end up getting geared which they count as skill. GS doesn't equal skill.
    The "Git Gud" argument isn't a really good one as it cannot account for server hiccups, which no skill can surpass hardware limitations. Also the only reason death in game punishes you is because they need to sell you Pearl shops items (use a tear to save XP).

13. Reapzer

As this started to get more attention and peaked over the last few weeks, the price off expensive crystals dropped drastically, even though loads of people was dying at star's end to mobs.

Want your proof MR. Fact, just look at the market.

Edit: apologies if this message seemed to come across hostile, that wasn't my intent.

Edit2:
    Player dies to mob, be it cc'd by another player or due to missplay on his part (maybe he kills the process on his game).
    Player writes support ticket, claims it was lag or dc, maybe he even fails this and writes his support ticket in another language seeking that sympathetic or possibly lazy assistant.
    Player then receives crystal wrongfully in most cases back from the GM.
    GM doesn't buy said crystal from the market to correct the anomaly caused in the game hence the natural order is altered and therefore the market is damaged.

#33 Reapzer, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  14. Stillwaters

Don't waste your breath on this one luminosity ,he obviously watches " The View" lol.

15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Why are you placing griefing and actually ingame action in same place ?

Stillwaters likes this.
  16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Here is how the most expensive crystal "dropped drastically" on eu.
    upload_2019-7-20_14-19-3.png

Stillwaters likes this.
  17. Reapzer

they was 250m 3 weeks ago btw.
    and even 40m from 220m to 180m is drastic.

Dude it's a sandbox mmo, if someone cc's you and a mob finishes you off it's a pve death and no amount of blah blah he's griefing will change that.
    Especially as 5%ing is often done when people grief on other's rotation's.

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

What are you talking about the graph goes 1 month back into the past and you clearly see that it was slightly above 209mio, at the time of the screenshot the cheapest was 202mio.

19. Reapzer

Even though the graph clearly goes to 218m, but yeah okay.
    That being said we all know how inaccurate the graph is, it was 250m mate.

I'd know, I was selling them while you was busy losing them.

GAiNZ likes this.