1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Striker summon versus other summons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Thelemna, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

I've been gone for some months (half a year), so please fill me in here if I'm mistaken in anything.

I understand that striker summon has 100% accuracy. Cool. But why is it that their summons do not persist or have hp bars to be destroyed like other summon classes?

As a tamer, I find myself resummoning heilang 4-5 times in a prolonged battle versus striker. I've also seen them delete wizard summons, though witch not as much. Interested to hear others' experience with this.

The magic dp is one thing, but this is an entirely different problem.

Some time ago, tamer pets where made invincible to pvp damage, with the introduction of witchard pets, we learned that summons are only immune to other player damage, and summon damage does not count as player damage. Heilang deals decent damage to witchard pets, too.

It is seldom that a witchard deletes my pet, but it is common for a striker to.

I don't think witchards will encounter this problem as much are you all have damage/protective skills that auto summon and switch out your pets, but I'm still interested to hear input from all summon classes regarding this particular striker problem.

2. LightningFFXIII-4

Striker is pretty OP. That move that renders them invulnerable for over 5 seconds while stunning, dealing tons of damage with 100% accuracy needs to be fixed. Plus those pets can get confusing since they have a much wider AoE range than expected.

Its the only class I know (aside from DK) that can be terribly undergeared and still kill a ton of players in RBF with a single move. Not even Wizard is this OP.

What they should do is, when Striker does this move, he can still be hit, damaged and cc'ed like the rest of us. Just change it to Superarmor instead of this untargetable invulnerable striker.

Wollbert, Edremis and Oaklay like this.
  3. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Clones aren't pets.

Thanks for your time.

Crixis, Mido, Blitzball and 2 others like this.
  4. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

wait till mystic comes out... stiker gets nerfed, mystic gets buffed.... every1 reroll and play mystic cuz its op and kakao makes bank from inventory slots+weight

Kurano likes this.
  5. Thelemna

K.

Take the pet element out of it.

And you still have a class that deletes half the reason for other classes while maintaining all of their own.

6. Auroraborealis89

As someone else mentioned, Strikers summons are clones not pets. Give me the ability to ride my shinny Buddha around, and have them permanently summoned to follow me around, then we can talk. Its an entirely different mechanic compared to Tamer.. Totally different class. Tamer can still deal decent damage without her pet, meanwhile a significant source of Striker damage is dependent on this predictable clones hitting his targets.

I've seen Tamers absolutely destroy Strikers. Striker is mostly only OP against classes with majority of spells that are magic damage. Tbh, Striker is really only a hard counter vs DK. Anyone else that plays properly can fight Strikers quite well with the proper knowledge of their class and its mechanics.

I had a Maehwa just last night do 90% of my 3800HP bar in 1 hit, and i'm currently at 290DP. So i'm telling you, Striker is not god mode, their entire mechanic is build around absorbing damage, not relying on evading or blocking it to survive, therefore they must be tanky.

If Striker is really twisting your panties so bad, you should consider rerolling. At the very least ditching that garbage Tamer class. Sadly tamer is kinda trash tier, if your Struggling against Striker, i'm sure your getting rekt by everyone using +5 reblath and unenchanted yuria weapons.

Have a nice day

7. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Striker can't ride clones, nerf Tamers.

8. Atron

Well this crap won't work on me anymore. Done with this F2P marketing bs they are playing to boost their sales.

Mystic release on december right before hollidays. People have free time then, money that parents / companies give them for presents and a brand new OP class where you can spend tons pearls on inventory, weight limits pets, custumes and other crap.

When january 2018 hits, PA / Kakao can show what a huge success their game is in milking money and company stocks will get a boost again.

9. Spartakatz

You should add the name of that "move" so it doesn't sound like it's just anything unkown to you what killed you.

10. Thelemna

You missed the memo that tamer is a magic damage class just like 70% of the classes in this game.

You also missed the point of the thread which is that tamer pet is not perma summoned when fighting striker, as striker clones destroy them.

And for all of you getting hung up on terminology, just know that striker summon damage is not considered player damage which is the problem here.

11. LightningFFXIII-4

Striker is the only class I know that can be so underleveled and undergeared, jump in front of a tax wagon/rbf velia 4 mob, and execute his (Folding his arms and 4 Djinns show up) killing everyone while being completely immune to all damage and cc.

Had a party today do tax wagon with a me (kuno61), a lvl 59 Wizard, a lvl 59 Striker, a lvl 60 Valk and a lvl 60 DK. Saw the Striker literally go in front of the tax wagon, execute his move and take no damage while picking up 3 x 5mil drops. Valk and DK didn't get anything. Wizard and myself got 1 x 5mil drop.

Same thing with RBF velia 4. I see strikers jumping into an enemy crowd, execute that move where they take no damage (4 djinns show up), then run back, then do it again lol.

12. Rebornz

70% of the classes are magic damage classes? Wake up already from your imaginary world.

Until you show any kind of video proof of a undergeared striker just dominating in RBF i would stop spouting lies. Because right now there is PLENTY of videos showcasing Striker being at the bottom tier in term of pvp AND has been underperforming in pvp and pve in KR. Cut the bs..

13. Sleepii

**** off and stop lying.
    Striker's 100% Awakening is just a 3-5 second I-frame where he does AoE damage that does not kill anyone unless you are under geared or low HP. You can easily walk out of it. The damage it does is abysmal and the move is only used for a breather while you pop some pots. Nothing more.
    No Striker with half a brain would use it for damage, as it DOES NOT STUN, so that is a lie, and it DOES NOT do a ton of damage. The only part of that move that stuns is the normal non-100% version and I am sure even that does more damage.
    If you are going to lie and spread ********, then at least make sure it is not something that anyone can easily test in Arena.
    Edit: Oh, and fun fact. If you know how long the animation lasts then you can stand in the middle of it and wait for it to end to get an easy grab on the Striker.

#13 Sleepii, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  14. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

striker summon vs ranger damage split

15. Claydough

Its still too early to nerf striker

They still havnt buffed mystic above striker yet so theres still afew more steps to take here

16. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

TFW you've popped Echo Spirit and the guy is standing right next to you *hammers the E button*

17. dobe

Its a bug,when an striker near 100% bsr get 100% when he init that skill it may bug out an do the two variant at the same time,happen to me multiple times 2 month agos while playing my striker.

18. Narsi

Striker is probally most stupid char after wizzard ... ( or even more stupid, depends on class uplay)

iam consider myself as decend geared and those clones take like 80% hp ... and strikers i had 1v1 wasnt even 200ap ...
    yes u can walk away unless ure not knocked on the ground or have another type of cc ....

i dont have problem with Striker as such but this clones is most stupid skill in whole BDO...

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

Striker = bottom tier, who lives in a dreamworld now!?

Thelemna likes this.
  20. Rebornz

So pls tell me what does striker have that's giving him an advantage in node wars over any other classes? Because Node wars is the only "competetive" pvp we have and they are bottom tier in that domain hence why they keep getting buffed in KR.

What's good in 1v1 is irrelevant. 1v1's are never a factor during nerf phases.

Kwok likes this.