1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response STUTTERING IN BDO FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Riverwren, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Shenya

Given the way the game stream loads, this sounds like an issue with the SSD or the controller to which it is connected. Plopping in another SSD or an old HDD and installing the game there will help eliminate the former, you'll need to either try different ports with your SSD, use another motherboard or install another controller to attach the SSD to in order to eliminate the latter.

I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about updating your chipset drivers. The only other thing that comes to mind is a possible PSU power issue, but usually it doesn't manifest in the way you have described.

You really need to get some other MMOs going on it to see if the problem can be reproduced or if it's specific to BDO, or grab a bunch of similar components and swap them out one by one. You've mentioned changing RAM settings, do you have a different brand you can try? I'm going to assume you are using a set that is on the tested as working with your motherboard list. I really would test a bunch of other games before you start going down this sort of route though, there simply sometimes are certain combinations that BDO just doesn't play well with.

I admire your resolve, if I was having those kind of issues, and if no other game was affected, I doubt I would still be fighting with it a year later if I had failed to improve the issues in anyway.

2. Riverwren

Yeah, I've tried swapping out the ram for different ram (Two different pairs of 2133 MHz Ram), and I've also tried two separate SSD's with different cables connected to different SATA ports, one at a time and both at a time, and the game on one or the other (tried the OS installed on both and run BDO from the OS one, or the non-OS one) and this seemed to have no effect. I also tried an old HDD that I had, which didn't help either.

I have updated my chipset drivers (forgot to mention in original post, will edit), and it didn't seem to help. The PSU has also been replaced just to rule it out (I even tried different power bar strips and different power outlets in my home, y'know, just for maximum tinfoil), and the new one didn't seem to make a difference.

And yeah, I'm pretty much at my wit's end trying to figure this out. I've attempted to just live with the stutter but it really really really gets under my skin. Especially when I die in pvp cause my screen freezes and then I get all salty about it lol. Feels like I've never been able to play to my full potential as a result.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

3. Riverwren

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that and let you know how it goes :)

4. Nosimo

Wait what? Thought you said your using a Samsung Evo? It's not in an m2 slot? Elaborate on how your drives are setup, including optical and what slot your gpu is in.

5. Riverwren

No, it's not an M2 slot, its the black case one in this link http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/850evo.html Currently two SSD's, the samsung, and then a Kingston one, both plugged in via SATA cable. Samsung in 1st sata slot, kingston in 2nd slot.. Gpu is in the top slot, the x16 one

#25 Riverwren, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  6. Riverwren

Alright, I tried this, but it hasn't fixed the stuttering. If it's not too much trouble, do you mind posting all of your bios settings for overclocking and any CPU power saving features you have enabled? I'm really interested in what other 6700k owners are using :o

7. Nosimo

Are you using IRST? do you have link power management disabled?, its under the performance tab.

8. Riverwren

Apparently my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements for installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology :/

9. Nosimo

Are you not using AHCI?

10. Riverwren

I am, idk how I wouldn't be :/ It says AHCI in the bios

11. Detonator

Most of the bios settings are default, it's different for each board manufacturer. Set your memory to XMP and the for what ever your CPU VID setting are need to be set to adaptive with the minimal offset possible. You have to find out what your own stock CPU VID is because each chip is different so there's no real point in posting mine. It's only the extra turbo core voltage you're affecting essentially. My Stock turbo voltage is 1.344v but mine is set to 1.292v The turbo core remains at full for longer because less heat and so on throttling it. You can tweak this aswell but intel more than likely leave a headroom to guarantee stability.

Then all I have is a 44x multiplier on the cores and leave the cache on 41x cause really it does nothing but produce more heat. And I use a LLC of level 6 to stop voltage droop at load.

But really you have to read up on your own equipment.

EDIT and also you have to leave the power setting to balanced not high performance.

12. Nosimo

right click your windows icon, go to device manager and look under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, whats in there? Your gear supports IRST, the only reason I can think of it not being compatible is if your drives are running IDE, missing ACHI driver or something. IDE is considerably slower so you really want your drives in ACHI.

#32 Nosimo, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  13. Riverwren

Yeah that's really similar to what I tried, I did some googlerizing along with my own experience from testing and it doesn't seem to have helped, but I'll keep fiddling with it once I get back from my thanksgiving weekend travels. :)

14. Riverwren

It says Intel (R) 200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

15. Riverwren

@GM Horizon Or literally any other GM who has any idea how to help? :'(

16. PM Horizon

Project Manager

Hey there @Riverwren,

As @Shenya has mentioned, this sounds like an issue the transfer speed between your storage device (which from what I read you have tried swapping between SSD and HDD) and your RAM modules. Does the same stuttering occur if you lower your graphics card settings? Do they occur if your character remains stationary on a remote area or only when moving?

17. Riverwren

Hi GM Horizon,

They happen regardless of graphic settings (even on optimization with everything turned off, it still happens) and they do happen sometimes even when Im not moving, though that is less noticeable. I've tried multiple SSD's and an HDD, and multiple different ram modules of various speeds, so I'm not sure what else to do to fix that kind of problem since replacing things doesnt seem to help at all.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I've been monitoring it today and task manager does report a higher ms response time for disk activity when the stutters happen. It may got from 0.2 ms average to 7.6 ms or higher during the stutters.

#37 Riverwren, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  18. ZackGTie

Hey I was wondering if you have tried changing the game Priority on the task manager? Just go to detail tab and choose blackdessert64.exe, right click and Set priority to Above normal and try Highest. Usually that will not increase fps I just can tell the game runs better. I have 3 computers and every single one behaves differently with BDO. Have you prayed to RNJesus Today?

[​IMG]

19. Riverwren

I have tried that, it doesn't seem to do anything either. Thanks though :)

20. Riverwren

@GM Horizon The stutters happen almost exactly every 10 seconds or so, if that gives you any more ideas on how to potentially fix it >_<. Please help, I really want to be able to play the game the way it was meant to be played T_T I'm desperate here :(