1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response STUTTERING IN BDO FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Riverwren, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Columba

From another thread. I unticked the compatibility box on the launcher. It was recommended to cure the black screen 2 weeks back and I never reversed it. i unticked this box (right click launcher, go to compatibility , uncheck box), AND STUTTERING IS GONE.

magret likes this.
  2. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

My tests with MSI Afterburner showed the same. Basically there is something that tricks the GPU into downclocking every 30-50 seconds or so, even if the temperatures are fine, causing crippling FPS drops. In my experience, what solved the problem was ticking off the Compatibility box in the BDO launcher properties, as I've been running the game on XP service pack 3 compatibility to make my overall FPS better, until Fall Creators Update came out and these dramatic frame drops showed up for the first time.

Not sure if it's gonna work for you, though. I assume you have your graphic drivers updated already. If not, please double check for newer versions!

3. Vesstel

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...rops_in_bdo_try_this/?st=j9rdvoni&sh=6de01087

I got rid of really annoying micro-freezes (drops from 60FPS to 56-57) clearly noticable. Overall game feels less choppy. Btw and its either that - using cc cleaner - or as just found out, deleting LOG folder in your black desert installation directory and let the game recreate it. Seems like people having couple of GBs of txt files in there and recreating them helps a lot.

@GM Salome @GM BBrilliant @GM Axion - So I think we finnaly found a fix?

magret likes this.
  4. Riverwren

Lmao thats my reddit post man xD I put it on my original post, but I guess its good that its here too xD

5. Vesstel

Yeah i know! I just want to spread the word everywhere :)

So no fix this plox

Dan Hot, Rahuu and Riverwren like this.
  6. WolfSensei

Guys have you mabye try ultimate fps guide for bdo ? I use this guide long time ago and what ? A lot of game freezes . When i uncheck xcorona and coherentui from read only and dont use xp compability freezes gone . I have i7 4770 gtx 1060 6gb 12gb ram and os and game on ssd goodram iridium . For my game work best without any fps guides only i have on nvidia panel set Maximum pre-rendered frame - 1 ,Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance , Threaded optimization - ON and vsync on application control .

7. lovemints

Workaround mentioned by Riverwren and above method you provided work for some people. It obviously doesn't work for me. I still believe that a lot of stuttering issue stems from connection issue between client and bdo server as bdo client usually have two concurrent tcp connections open while running the game and xing periodically opening connection to amazon server to send data as well.

8. WolfSensei

You try use other ethernet delivery ? I use ethenet from SIM card so its not very good .

9. magret

It was nightmarish on my computer after a little break and the full download of Kama etc... then after trying a bunch of things with the cache and my nvidia drivers which did bull, then i did that

and that and that

and it loaded 10x faster, no more laggy inventory no more stutter, MVPs of the thread
    Kiss XoXoX

10. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

few tips:
    windows 10 DVR & game mode are bad for BDO stutters all editions.
    Windows creators update is bad for stutters.
    Windows 10 AU - has something that causes stutters i forget what tho.
    Not having the correct monitor driver is bad for stutters (sometimes you are stuck with generic microsoft... RIP) go to manufactor website & get driver.
    Messing with pre rendered frames & Some nvidia settings can cause Stutters.
    (the recommend basics a few posts above are fine)
    Multipul tasks from Hdd/SSD game is on (Should be fine on o/s Drive depending on back ground tasks some of which can cause stuttering) can cause stutters as they have only 1 in & out, m.2 NVME is the only drive this wont be a true issue on.
    Bad lan drivers not updated since creators update can cause issues e.g. Intel Lan & more so Killerlan conflict with windows NDU (can fix by setting NDU to 4 in regedit) But best fixed by current driver update from manufactor website!
    Antivirus - Make sure game folders set not to be scanned. can cause stutters as it scans or if it actively monitors activity & with xingcode.... need i say more.
    Bad overclock -gpu or CPU or Ram e.t.c. can cause stutters
    Faulty hard drive can cause stutters/sata cable.
    Oder motherboards PCI-E slots which dont have the new "support welds/solders" can have stutter/issues due to the bend from modern GPU weight.

Oh & older O/s's can cause issues, stutters.... maybe mostly just issues.
    Main SDK & DX issues. you can download BDO KR & install it then delete the BDO KR folder (dont uninstall) & it'll install all the stuff those older o/s should need.
    http://black.game.daum.net/black/pds/download/index.daum
    Dont try to run launcher you wont be able to play! just delete the folder after install!!!

Windows 10 Fall update (FRESH INSTALL) doesnt stutter
    Windows 10 Fall update (upgrade install) has been knowning to carry issues from past AU/Creators updates.

Graphics/UI issues:
    Delete: C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Black Desert
    Note: You will need to redo graphic settings/audio settings/game settings & marketplace watch lists.
    ALSO
    Theres a gpu cache in C:\Users\[User]L\AppData\Local\BlackDesertOnline just delete the folder launcher will remake it.
    should be all most people need to fix issues.....

#110 prymortal, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

This sounds like a personal problem.

12. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

Just to be clear, what do you mean by graphics/UI issues? Before I go and mess up with folders..

13. prymortal

The my documents folder is to do with your settings graphics wise (also marketplace watch list) & UI settings (customising). so if you have issues relating to graphic settings that will restore/fix them.
    The Appdata folder No point expaining everything to do with it, basicly you have an issue theres a chance its stored there safe to delete, will only remove your e-mail address from log in if you ticked "remember me"

Rahuu likes this.
  14. Vesstel

@prymortal

Great info, thx for this post. But as @WolfSensei said, do you think that playing on mobile network can casue stuttering too ? Using my HotSpot pretty often from my phone

15. prymortal

Defintly, any wifi & mobile (3g/4g) can have an iMpact on connection which at times with online games will come through as stutters.
    Same as using a cable & downloading alot in the background.

16. MikeyMutz

Have you guys figured out a solution to this? I'm having the same problems and have read through your post and saw it might be an issue with hardware.

I have my pc scheduled to go in this Friday for maintenance and i might do a factory reset and have it all wiped and reinstalled cleanly. i will bring up bdo to the professionals working on my pc to fully optimise it and show them this stuttering that happens in game.

If they find something thats none of us can find i will let you know. I had my pc custom built so for me it might be a hardware problem time to find out this week bois.

17. Columba

only two things worked. I created a new windows account and I unchecked compatibility mode on the exe file.

18. MikeyMutz

Ok cool when i get my pc back i'll check that, so far i was talking with my pc expert guy i went to and he said it ran perfect over at his shop in my house i was getting my gpu maxxed out at 100% which means im bottlenecking and i believe thats causing my stutter, we think its because i use a 2560x1440p monitor and the game might not handle higher res very good. either tomorrow or tuesday i should find out if it's my pc, the res, or just something wrong with the game. he said if its my 2560x1440p monitor thats causing it i will need to buy a better graphics card or get another gtx 1080 and go SLI. i will try lowering the res when i get my pc back. Be back in a few days and let you know what i find. also will try what you said.

Columba likes this.
  19. MikeyMutz

Well i got my pc back today and i did a clean wipe reinstalled windows everything. the guy who was working on my pc said the stuttering was only happening on my monitor he said on his monitor it was running fine. however im getting less stuttering then i had before the complete reinstall. I'm not sure what it is, the main problem was stuttering that seems to be ok now for me but now i have anothing thing to complain about. In my game when i look at the ground where there're shadows they flicker. same with the plants in the distance they flicker. its very annoying. i have an i7 and a gtx 1080 not sure what i can possibly do. I seriously hate games that don't come optimized every pc game i get there is a problem i hate it.

Columba likes this.
  20. Stodderkongen

We are several people with beast pc's having these issues. I myself quit the game a month ago due to the stuttering getting worse and worse, started stuttering for me like 2-3 months ago, cleaned my pc totally and rand all tests and **** too. And it's still there been back for a few days. All in all they ****ing need to get this game optimized properly. But guess they will keep saying it's our hardware same way they keept saying their servers was doing just fine, has to be on ur isp end.
    And guess what it did turn out they had servers issues afterall, even though they keept saying for months they didn't :) don't see how it's any different here

MikeyMutz likes this.