1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-Class suggestion

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Tvvin, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Tvvin

Read everything before commentingc thanks.

I suggest .......alternate skillets though different offhand . Changing your stance depending which is chosen.​

Example: Witch and Wizard

• Battle Mage tree : Spell book offhand
    • Improved dualing skill
    • Greatly Weakened Ultilty

• Support Mage Tree : Talismen
    • Better Ultilty
    • Lower damage

• Default Mage : Dagger
    • Middle ground. But with weaker PA

This adds varation to what we want to be without rerolling from our mains.

For balancing

You can't switch from one offhand type to another with a 5 minutes cooldown.

During Node War you cannot change different offhand 5mintues into battle.

So no dagger > spell book.
    Only AP dagger > Eva dagger ect

Then finally. Add a free offhand swap for 1 loyalty. Any further swaps cost money for limited time

HiTTeN and Foxens like this.
  2. Sacrifuce

This. We ****ing need this. I dont understand why they dont want to make more role in this game, subclass would result a better competitive game rather than instantly jump to awakening that somehow could change the class completely.

Tvvin likes this.
  3. Goobur

Idea is great, but seeing how Pearl Abyss has relegated PC to second rate citizen, we will never see it. Would take too much of an investment. They have/are pumping more funds into mobile/Console instead of PC.

4. Tvvin

I see what you mean. But maybe if the idea gets enough demand things will happen?

5. MrRobot

First broken classes should be repaired.
    Some classes are unplayable now. This will only make gap between classes even more.

6. Tvvin

Well the thing is...This sub class system is designed for just that- balancing the game. Every class would have sub skills. New or stronger tools.

Lemme give you another example :

Warrior / Valkyrie Sub Classes

For these two classes. You can judge their sub class by looking at their shield size. This means Valkyrie awakening shield will change to her offhand instead of tower shield by default.

• Tank : Tower Shield Offhand
    • New skills gearded towards Improving frontlining vs enemy group
    • Greatly increased all Dr for frontal block
    • Archery DR is slightly lower than new melee/magic dr.
    • Decreased attack speed

Normal fighter : Default
    Reworked inbetween tank and dualist. Not as slow. Not as fast respectively

Dualist : Buckler Shield
    • Improved 1v1 and small scale
    • Increased pre-awakening speed
    • Improved pve speed
    • Decreased Frontal Guard all frontal DR

My final suggestion as a compromise to play and fight aganist both shield users as a grabless class

• Added Shield Chase to warrior pre awakening. -imagine head chase with frontal guard,no back super armor
    • Both Pre Awakenings (and Awakening for valkyrie only) frontal block while attacking,no sa
    • Increase great sword pvp damage for high risk v high reward

That puts both classes in a very healthy state to be whatever they need for grouping or small scale fights or even alone while still being different.

7. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

nope, more class subs mean more difficulty to balance, they tried this with awaken, that is enough, let them work on what we have, not open another sht hole

8. ForceFPS

9. Tvvin

To summerise - you become a better 1v1er , support character /varied type of tank or default.

The tank /support being harmless, default being average and 1v1er normally sucking in large battles. So the true outcome is playing what you like and being viable everywhere for everyone

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

They can't even balance what they already attempt to pull of with the awakenings covering weaknesses. If they attempted this it would be a failure much like the recent PvP changes we've had. Not to mention the fact they could use it as a way to add yet more gear to the treadmill which is already exhausting enough as it is. No thank you plenty other games with subclasses or ones that let me switch my class on a whim.

11. MrRobot

If this sub class system will change mechanic of all classes then ok. Will be good.
    I˛m sick of this slow, underpowered, potato can (striker).

12. Tvvin

Yup it's everyone

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

in which universe is striker underpowered? :D

14. Tvvin

Basically what my idea does is make everyone either a support class (tank = melee no little damage or healer pa=caster ect), 1v1 focused (decreases all utility) or default which is in the middle. Can't really say anyone is op if they all follow these guide lines.

What will differentiate these varation are weapons,visual ques(one varation of sorc summons Skeltons so ez), different animation stance and engages ect