1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscription Servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hezekiel, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Hezekiel

Hezekiel Archer 61

Hay Kashkao,
    why not bring Subscription Servers...with i dont know, 15€/month or 20€/month and Pearl sales disabled but you get a fixed amount daily, like loyalties?

Why not make an even playing field for everyone?
    You can keep pay2win servers up aswell separately?

Why not do it?

2. Prowly

P2W only exists because P2W has to be able to flex on non-P2W.

Vortexii, Boink, MADE and 5 others like this.
  3. Khondo

Because it is a business model that will not make as much money, simple. You are aware they are running a business here?

AtomicPotato likes this.
  4. Keophiroun

Then they would be competing against WoW and FFIV, and that can be very bad or very good with a big risk.

5. Hezekiel

Hezekiel Archer 61

But it is a business model that will make the better game, simple. You are aware Kakao does pay2win only for their multy millionair shareholders and their stockprice?

Also the whole assumption all out pay2win like it is right now is financially better then a monthly sub is VERY debatable, especially for western releases.

6. Khondo

Better game? how do you come to that conclusion?

"You are aware Kakao does pay2win only for their multy millionair shareholders and their stockprice?"
    Ummm yes, you do not what a business model is?

7. Hezekiel

Hezekiel Archer 61

Yes the game would obviously be better for the vast majority without pay2win, because those whales who pay2win do not win anything over people who do not pay2win, its pretty simple.

come on bro, obviously everyone knows, its not that hard.

Also what is your assumption, if kakao would release non pay2win subscription servers, how would you think the population would look like compared to pay2win servers?
    I guess pay2win cashshop server will be dead in a month and 90%+ would reroll on non pay2win.
    Plus there will be a HUGE, massive wave of returning and new players.
    Because it is the better business model for gameplay. I dont care about Kakaos stock prize, i dont care if shareholder XYZ can buy his 10th Lambo, i do care about the game.
    Again your whole assumption "pay2win > sub fee" financially is also very debatable.

Plus BDO has allready made them so mutch money, they could finance developers, new content and servers for decades without them even charging a single penny for anything anymore.

But to assure you again, yes i understand the concept of "profit over everything". But i dont agree with it.

#7 Hezekiel, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Yumine and MoonDance17 like this.
  8. asdsadfas

why fix what isn't broken lol

Arkadia and Khondo like this.
  9. Claydough

You wanna just 15 per month to get everything in the pearlshop for free?

10. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Because amount of players who will play on those servers not enough to even pay for them, not to make money in profit. Russian "sub server" is perfect example, RU publisher after finding out what they did, tried to get rid of it even before starting. But more important, sub server w/o cash shop don't stop "p2w", instead company players will pay gold sellers, but i'm sure you aware of that, just like in WOW and in any other game.

11. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

We already have three subscriptions running (value pack, kama blessing, old moon book) to the tune of several thou Pearls per month. Plus, of course, we do have a cash shop full of "conveniences".

Now then, any semi-serious BDO player already knows well the importance of keeping those little things up and running, yeah? Even if you take a more "casual" approach to the game, this stuff still makes one's in-game life A LOT easier. Oh, and I didn't even get anywhere near the "P2W" part(s) of BDO. Because, if one wants to be a rather more serious BDO player and, well, "competitive" (lol?), one needs all of the above AND to embrace those "P2W" elements. Ah yes, even the classic "no-lifer" of 15-20-25(!) hours a day player is not doing quite enough without the aforementioned.

So yeah, for people who need to belong to the "top dog clan", it is all mandatory. And, apparently, there are enough of them to keep the "model" going and flourishing. Like in several other games of this kind, companies earn more from a reliable set number of "whales" than a far greater number of "plebs" who would mostly just spend on one sub and just maybe a lil bit more on something else. As long as you can keep the "whales" hooked and going with a plethora of gimmicks, and BDO has proved to be quite successful in that, so far.

No matter what they will tell you, numbers don't mean jackshite. "10 million accounts" and whatnot, my pretty rear. All they need is a viable number of "whales", OK, plus of course whatever amount of "plebs" might flock around and whatever they might cough up. Besides, BDO has already made a fortune all these years, and whatever it makes from now on (after "expenses", sure) is pure profit.

Just like other games did too. Also, the general trend is to go from a "real sub" to "concealed sub" model, just like ESO or TERA did, for example. Too late for any real change in a game like BDO, why, they know better, to have you / us chase even more flashy PENs / "fully caphrased" / "higher tier" / HEX / DEC / call-it-what-the-feck-you-like crap, right?

12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Those 3 "sub" item completely garbage.

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That's not a decisions they're allowed to make, it's up to Pearl Abyss.

14. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Your opinion.

15. SkullMonkey

ArcheAge Unchained proved that it's bad to do that because it splits your playerbase. The better thing to do is create intelligent nuanced bracketing or matching for PvP content. Like why not a 3rd Arsha server that is slightly above full PEN tuvala gear so that players can enjoy that equal playing field PvP even after they've finished a season with a new character they really like.

Many Mobile games do intelligent ranked arena and GvG matchings based on gear score and win/loss ratios so that players are paired up with people they are fairly equally matched with. Win/Loss ratio is factored in for players who can over come gear gap with skill. This would also greatly assist Pearl Abyss in balancing classes as if a class can consistently take on higher geared players regardless of player skill then you know that class requires adjustments.

16. LightningFFXIII-4

It would be nice if everyone paid their fair share of the server costs and not just the few 10%. I mean most of the BDO playerbase today are too addicted to quit no matter what the Dev's do. Might as well do it and make it a Sub MMO with a cashshop.

17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

40% of the players don't pay for value packs, that's pretty low amount compares to other freemium games, it's just the devs being greedy

Fearless V likes this.
  18. LightningFFXIII-4

Or they can do a 2nd Arsha and PVE only Channels where you need a Value Pack to enter.

Those channels will of course have extra perks like 200% Exp from all sources and 100% item drop rate boost.

19. Andaro

Ambassador

The bad part about subscription based services is that once you stop paying, you stop playing. There are many more players that would rather be able to at least login to their characters and play around without having to play.

Tldr, it's not on.

20. Joungf

A very good idea but for me it is too late.

They need to change sooooo many things, remove sooo many things and add sooooooooooo many things to make me pay a monthly subscription.