1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

succersion or aweking witch ?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Zgredzia, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

No saying witch can keep up if she trys twice as hard is a statement about the class not the area lol.

2. Tjaranis

you NEEEEEED succession for any proper pvp these days, simply put you need to be able to move more than awak allows you vs. the insane movability and dmg of every other class in the game currently...

for pvp it is not a choice even though succession really sucks for witches...

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Awakened witch over succ witch for pvp.

If you see someone playing succ for pvp .... they are simply bad. Succ is god mode on wizard but ass on witch.

4. Furious

Honestly - You should reroll into a wiz because it's vastly, VASTLY superior in PvP.

If for whatever reason you cannot reroll:

PvE - Anything under aakman = awakening. Aakman and above = succ
    PvP - Awakening. If you're playing succ as a witch in any PvP scenario, you're pretty much griefing.

5. Vortexii

It's a shame in PVE the Succession is far more mobile with earth's movement, however in PVP it requires pure Iframe/Teleport spam like Sorc, Ninja.

Someone at Pearl Abyss had a bet they couldn't make the worst 1v1 class in the game MUCH WORSE, well they WON they bet.

For those that thought Shai was the worst -- Gotcha Bitc~! It's not even considered a class.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

tbh i hope all w/w specs get double teleport at this point (awa specs need some mobility, if not double tele, then protected earth response +pve iframe on some cd +ability for it to anicancel some awa spells) + some succ skills need balancing to say the least. (prime voltaic into prime frigid control is just ********, and imho succ specs should only be able to learn support preawakening skills up to certain levels at best, definitely not to the max - aoe heal(lvl 3), speed spell(lvl 1), protected area(lvl 2) (but cooldowns for utility spells should be equalized with max level),... also it shouldn't have access to absolute: meteor shower coz 200%)

#46 WhySoSeeryus, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  7. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

No you dont either stay awakened or reroll succ wiz for pvp

8. Quinra

True. At this point Witch feels abandoned. Awakening STILL has a capped AP for flows issue, and succession's signature move is both unprotected and can be seen a mile away and anticipated by any competent player. If you want to play awakening, you're better off playing Guardian - she does everything Witch awak does but better (she even has i-frame dodge with SA cooldown, for crying out loud, while witch's only protected movement is a teleport that's still not split on a 7 seconds cooldown), and if you want to play succession you're better off rolling Wizard.

9. Vortexii

You remember that when Pearl Abyss tries to tell you that they are balancing "with those things in consideration".

10. WhySoSeeryus

[​IMG]

truth probably is, witch was a popular class, so devs were like - whoopsie daisy, how do we make people buy all those goodies you need when u roll another class?

11. ghoulz666

Wizard is pretty much the same class in node wars... Why is the wizard so drastically superior now?

12. Vortexii

I really would credit this to just lazy developers trying to distinguish between the classes. After all, they can't just have a Wizard & Witch with the exact same succession. So they developed some disparity between them without redoing the entire skill tree, animations etc.

However, Pearl Abyss's complete incompetence and lack of game knowledge strikes again making the Wizard vastly superior in many aspects. It's just poor quality work. After all, we need to get all those animations and the new class fixed up right away.......... now THAT is the Cha Ching machine.

Until the gaming community puts and end to this nonsense poor quality trend.......... talking to YOU cash shop spenders. Get with the program and have some self dignity.

13. WhySoSeeryus

double tele (id even say this is the main difference) and a fraction faster casting does make a world of difference in survivability.

well, they saw awk witch was kind preferred over awk wiz so they probably made wiz suc "better one" for pvp. pve wise, succ witch is better due to her passive of mma spam if the pulls are done properly.

14. Vortexii

mma doesn't feel that OP even when used correctly. MANY skills overall are instant and it doesn't do damage unfairly the way it would if it did full awakening Vult.

I wouldn't say succ Witch is bad for PVE, but I wouldn't say it's OP by any means regardless of optimizing mma/etc.

15. WhySoSeeryus

didnt say it was op, but it is a bit ahead of wiz pve wise.

then again, if remove wizards mobility, it just becomes pve class also. they need to go for other aspects that imo are the ones i listed. witch should get protection on that dodge delay thing at least.

16. woots

awak witch certainly is more efficient at grinding ( and i kept that until i had a decent amount of sp ), but i found it terribly boring to play ( and i couldnt stand anymore that finger snap ), so i went for succ witch, which as much as its far less op than succ wiz, its still imho more pleasant to play
    After i dont "main" that class at all, so i have a different "need"

#56 woots, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  17. Quinra

The only reason succ Witch is better at high-end than awak is because awak's crippled flows.

18. SmK

SmK

I’m just fingers crossed they split teleport for awakening, 2x7sec iframe is at least something even if the rest stays the same...