1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Succession: Balancing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Apr 14, 2020.

?

due to the release of succession the overall balance of the game is...

1. better

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. worse

47 vote(s)
    70.1%
  1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

Sorc doesn't need to CC combo anyone to kill, as well as being maybe the best range class in succ.
    Lahn doesn't need to be commented
    Valk wins with literally one overbusted skill and way too much movement
    Kuno has the ability to perma blockjump behind the enemy and out again. blinks through whole BA in 3 steps
    warrior is a one trick pony eventho awakening was overbuffed and is better now.
    wizard is an insult, no further statement needed.
    the rest probably "succs" but the trend is to rotate overbusted SA skills with way to much aoe/cc on every hit. no comboplay and no CC trade anymore. just blantant gearcheck.

in my opinion a bad job in balancing the game in a good way.

#1 Wollbert, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

perma blockjump? only thing changed with blockjump in succ vs awk is that it gives ninjutsu ghost it still got 18s cd and got same distance

AZzalor likes this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I think its ALOT better personally.

4. Netreiam

Don't really know much about succ valk although "way too much movement" seems suspicious considering they seem to only have 1 more shield chase (which is a hard cooldown). Either way haven't heard much of anything from other people about succ valk. Although within valk community it is acknowledged that she is basically a better version of awakening valk >.>.

Agree that succ execution was garbage, but that's because they just copy-pasta'd and overbuffed **** instead of creating "awakening-like" new skills with preawakening weapons.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Dunno about other classes..but that is NOT the approach they took with DK at all...Its possibly exactly what I was looking for when i first selected the class, so I can see your point on why you dont feel like its "new", or just copy pasted skills...but thats what succesion is. Recreating how the class was supposed to be from the beginning.
    I feel its very creative how they managed to address the concerns without having to introduce any "new" skills, like with DK for instance and how they integrated nocturn into Twilight dash, an awakened skill.

Marzipan Stan and Fateneko like this.
  6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

If that is so, why are 90% of the valks playing awakening over succession? The strongest guilds even barely have valks in their GvG's at all.
    Too much movement. I do not know who told him that and I also do not know which is the overbusted skill.
    This superstrong movement in action looks like that:

[​IMG]

Valk has 4 normal dashes, all on hard cd. Without cooldowns getting away from anything is literally impossible. Thanks to not having any iframed dash you can make anything from 1-4 dashes and barely move an inch, because you got hit while dashing.
    Because you have no iframe you can not break free from it. Every other class would get away in those situations. Since even if a single skill is affected their iframe will get them out of the hitstunchain.
    You just get completely pinned down, not because you actually got cc'ed, but because 1 single mansha used a fasthitting skill on you that did not even make a dent in your block.
    Look at the screen my block lost just half and my HP went down by like another 10%, yet I was stuck and was forced to v. If my dash would have put me where it was supposed to put me they would have all died too.
    Here you can see it a clip:
    https://streamable.com/s5ske1

That **** literally happens 50 times every RBF. Then you see other classes that jump into you get cc'ed. You are holding your shieldthrow on them, a ranger shotgunning them etc. etc. Half a billion hits raining down on them, but if they survive the cc the just run out like a crazy rocket.
    Now look at the Lahn's in rbf currently on succession, they fly in rotate around like crazy, they get hit a shitton by everything. But thanks to their flawless protection chain they will not get cc'ed. If they have the gear to not die from damage alone they simply dance around not caring for anything. And after that, they just fly away. They do not get completely shutdown, because they got hit a lot.

Rizzly likes this.
  7. Catastigma

WTB your luck. after your Judgement of light not getting back CC during FG shield charge lul.

Its a miracle that never happen twice. XD

8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

It is called 100% allress. It is a miracle it does something at all.
    Also those people are not geared. Else the first backattack would have instantly killed me(even with my 362DP). So who knows if they even tried to cc me.
    But anyway it does not add anything to the calim of the movement being "too much".
    3 FG dashes and 1 SA dash
    Even shai rivals that.

9. crosspath

How can balance be better when you bring basically 17 new classes? So now you have to care about balance of 36 classes?

This game is a joke... Balance 2043

Vortexii likes this.
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yeah i probably meant damage

11. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

That is also a weird thing to say, since awakening valk has more dmg. Succession valk entirely lacks damage skills without cc's. Which sounds nice at first but in actual gameplay it means you are instantly reapplying cc's unable to make proper use the cc duration.
    Also weird that you do not even mention Rangers at all, yet every single of our Succession Ranger is a topfragger in Siege.

#11 Luminosity, Apr 14, 2020
  12. PandaChinois

PandaChinois Valkyrie 62 EU

Stop cry on Valk

13. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

idk what there is mention about succ ranger after the nerfs. they have mediocre damage and thats it. and all that useless ranger spamming DC in nodewars surely get every lasthit but do basically nothing for the win. meanwhile you just hold shildthrow on cd and thats everything you need as succ valk.

14. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Yeah shieldthrow is the only skill you need. As you see in my clip vs people with 50-100GS less than me. I am only doing shieldthrow and do not use my entire skilset on CD pretty much. It is even the only skill I did not use in the entire clip. Also those damn enemies that always stay in front of you and never try to simply backdash through you and hit your back during shieldthrow.

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

so basically valks are the first butthurts capturing this threat for their pityful wheelchair nonsense?
    oh wait there was a kuno that did not understand the line iwrote about kuno

16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Well you are simply wrong about valk. Go play one and spam shieldthrow, good luck getting far. Valk succession is so busted, 9/10 valks still play awakening despite its so many flaws. Better nerf it so 0/10 play it.

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

shieldthrow is a chainable skill with cc on every hit. so probably sorc can ignore it and maybe a ninja with a luck blockjump.
    all other classes either have to short iframes or gaps at them so they will get catched by the machinegun incoming of CCs. Frontblock is useless since the skill deletes FG instant and simply CCs you out directly by the machine gun of CCs. maybe you can use your SA and you will get not entirely shred in it, then you can grab the valk if no cc lingers through. but grabbing a valk is a gamble you loose 8/10 times anyways coz they have 300% all resi as a secret passive or they are 350 fps scums lagging out with their shieldchase iframe not so iframe.
    but that is just one examble of an overbusted skill and you should, if you constantly get caught in it, work on your own skilllevel first.

and i dont think you need to play any succession. anyone with basic gameknowledge probably can master it after 2 hours, since its purely made for console players

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Ok you are right. Shieldthrow beats everything, has not counterplay like stealth engages and onehits everyone too. It has no castdelay with a unprotected gap up front and also no cooldown.

19. Catastigma

All skill have CC on every hit. but only the first hit that * HIT * the target count for the CC for the resistance. Except Skill with Innate multiple CC like Mystic with rapid stream/Prime: First Fury.
    no cc and no FG off cooldown
    https://streamable.com/r55cry

Shield throw have no more benefit that some other classe benefit. The damage is far from super-high except if you are realy undergear. obviously. but its apply to every skill of every classe. A 290 AP+ of any classe have just to CC-> doing basic attack to kill anybody if you are under 340 DP.

Valk dont have *hidden resistance* its purely a 10% passive
    upload_2020-4-14_14-19-12.png
    and during the clip of Lumino she have E buff
    upload_2020-4-14_14-20-41.png

a 50% resistance that mostly every classe have. and dont change the fact that only 60% count.

#19 Catastigma, Apr 14, 2020
    Netreiam likes this.
  20. Netreiam

I mean succ has more protected AoE damage, 2 large protected CCs (awak has none), and an extra "protected" (yes, FG but better than nothing) movement option with shining dash. I've also heard she has better PvE damage, but haven't confirmed myself or have the numbers, although I will point to succs generally having better pve than awak as tangential support to that claim.

So in PvE, 1v1, and small scale I'd say it's a pretty easy victory for succ valk. The only place where I'd say awak has an advantage is in large scale, and thats only because valks are only used in large scale as heal / suction/ ulti bots. So its no surprise if you only look for valks in large scale (which is the only place where people who don't main her would be incentivized to make one) most of them would be awak.

I don't have statistics (and I question where you got yours), but of the 7 other valks I've seen in the past month I think 5 were succ. Granted I usually do small scale pvp and 1v1s and that's where succ->awak

I keep awakening purely because I love awakening aesthetic (I always hard core repped lancia gang whenever old sword and board mains complained about how "stupid" a giant lance looked) and I'm not some FotM scumbag that is more in love with power than their character and playstyle.

I can't speak for all valks but I feel most real valk mains are the same and only swapped to succession because they genuinely liked Main hand more, or at least as much as, Lancia.

#justvalkthings

I've been sending "feedback" constantly to Global labs about why valk's shield chases NEEDS to be I frame and this is some great evidence as to why that's the case.

Chainable? Did you read the skill description and think that "maintaining" the skill meant chaining it? It's talking about the flow dude and once that's off (it lasts like an extra second and a half at most) it's on CD and has no protection or CC.

Grabbing a valk is a gamble? 1. Anyone can stack resistance. 2. EVERYONE caps out at 60% and 3. valks have no movement I frames
    A valk is probably THE easiest class to just straight up grab because even guardians can I frame you if you are just grab engaging. The "Shield chase Iframe" Is a movement key similar to this garbage [​IMG] that eveyone locks because it is partial I frame that barely moves you. The fact that it "lags out" is proof of how **** it is because if it was even halfway decent the game wouldn't be confused as to why the target is in some kind of Schrodinger's Iframe and consequently cause you to be grabbed without being CCed (which is what actually happens because the I frame is so short the initial CC is dodged but the grab itself still happens) Keep in mind that that's only if the grab lands on the actual "I-frame" part of the 0.7s animation of which probably 0.2 of those seconds are actually I frames and the rest are completely unprotected and easily CCable by anyone who knows anthing of valk and realizes they could just fake a grab engage go for a protected CC and there is literally NO COUNTER that a valk has for that without guessing correctly which engage is the fake out and which is the grab.

Valk is a decent duelist and succ valk is even better, but most of the **** you use to claim she is OP is just straight up wrong. And the fact that your telling a person who has played the spec you complain about to "git gud and l2play" the spec that you basically admit you didn't play is beyond freaking stupid.

#20 Netreiam, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020