1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Succession Ninja PVP Strategies

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by BuShiDo, Aug 7, 2020.

1. BuShiDo

Anyone know what the strategy is for fighting succession Musa? succession Sorcs? and awakening Lahn?

These classes seems to give me the most issues 1v1. I am actually surprised with the Musa because I never use to have much of a problem until recently.

I could not cc this succ musa at all it was sooo broken. Not sure what was happening. Maybe something changed with Musas?

Anyways your insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

From observation on hundreds of RBF's it seeems to be 100% pure stealth engaging, for 99% of the succ ninjas. Fighting outside of a stealth engage seems to be impossible.
    So I guess just lurk invis in owpvp and grief the opponent out of the spot, by jumping him when he just pulls mobs.

3. BuShiDo

These were Battle Arena encounters. So no stealth. I only use stealth at Node Wars and RBF.

4. IWalkAlone

Musa -Block, CC or grab and kill.You have to bite the musa.
    Sors - dance with him and when open cc or grab.AOE cc is good for sors but carefull it dont work every time due to sors i-frame.
    Lahn - basicaly close to sors.move around evade her grab and CC and kill.Also use distant CCs,

sajdas likes this.
  5. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Musa - Stay on the outer edge of him, bait him into a long form cc and grab him out of it. Or bait an unprotected move and hope he isn't fast enough to dash cancel it and prevent your cc. This matchup relies on Musa being more impatient than you and not having the damage to nuke you in super armor.

Succ Sorc - Stick to their back and continue pressuring them. With the alert stance buff coming, it'll be easier. Eventually they'll open up. I just pray you have enough dp for your block not to get blown open, and survive facetanking attacks in super armor, if you have to, until you get the cc.

Awakening Lahn - I honestly have no idea. Succ Ninja doesn't have the iframes to deal with her op grab range. If she can kill you in a grab combo, you're gonna have a very hard time with her. I honestly think they should slow her grab down so you can actually react to it. The further out from her you are, the slower it should be. Ima say for this one, you're better off fighting her in awakening.

IWalkAlone and sajdas like this.
  6. sajdas

musa - musa is a bit tricky match, you need to stay protected at all times even at range as they have 3 types of arrows - stub arrow (stiffness), charged stub arrow (knocback) and quick shot (rabam, stiff, high damage). at close range you will need to be aware to their dragon bite (stun + forward guard, very fast and cancelable by dash/chase), blind thrust (a quick unprotected stiff stab from the blade, also cancelable by chase), and counter assassination (forward guard + stun, can be casted faster if used after certain skills, awak) is you see him using blooming this is your time to catch him as its unprotected stun with linger animation. be careful of grab baits as they can use super armor >off cd chase (i-frame instead of super armor) to avoid the grab and a quick dragon bite to stun and combo you

sorc succ - there are 2 stategies here:

1) attrition warfare - you keep dance around untill they lose their stamina, ever since the nerf prime crow flare (their main "spammable" 2 second forward guard) which cause them to not generate stamina anymore while in animation, they have a very hard time to keep stamina up, as long as you avoid the sorc attack you also stops her shard generation. which is a long match as you keep avoiding getting cc while poking him with safe engages and wait for the stamina to get to zero.

2) catch sorc in her gaps - while sorc can stay in i-frame most of the time with some forward guards such as dark flame, crow flare and violation and a bit of super armors like englufing shadow, bloody calamity and storming crow (be extremely careful with block jump against this skill, sorc can use it as a second dash flow and its super armor + instant bound), most of her engages are unprotected but cancelable by her night crow (i-frame), such as turn back slash (unprotected bound), shadow eruption (unprotected float) shadow ignition (unprotected float, shadow eruption rabam), dream of doom (can be used from long range, if used instantly with out charge it does stiff instead of knockdown) so use all those skills as opportunity to catch her especialy with block jump, smokescreen, and a fast and good placed beheading, malice and evasive malice does works very well as well from mid range.

lahn awak - this match is a bit hard, she will try to catch you with her long range grab so you will need to bait it out to have the main threat removed for 11 sec (her grab cool down), she got a very nice i-frames with low cd, her dash while take a toll on her stamina if spammed is a good i-frame off cd and super armor on cd (1 sec cooldown), and she also have some skills that counter engages like salp'uri purge (super armor + 360 degree float), blade of blood (super armor + stiffness, a small stab so its easy to miss the skill), sacred dance (forward when charged, super armor when attacking animation, knockdown. so in this fight ill recommend to play very safe, bait off grabs, attack from mid range like malice and evasive malice to engage or with fast engages like block jump, boss slaughter (risky) and shadow stomp (risky), think carefuly about your position when you linger super armors like crescent slash, ankle cutter, shuriken flight and blade spin, and as long her grab isnt off cd, DO NOT USE RED RAIN.

#6 sajdas, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  7. BuShiDo

Much appreciated guys. Thanks.