1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Succession Wizard is Overpowered

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Glizz, Sep 13, 2020 at 12:39 PM.

1. NexNu

As much as i hate PA (the skill) i dont think outright removing it would be as easy as it sounds. Or maybe it would, who really knows, but i still think it would have drawbacks aswell. I much more would like to see it being used more strategically.
    Giving it to shai sure would solve some problems cuz you cant really stack them (in before they buff shai to be as strong as wiz).
    I also could see a world were you get a debuff once you got PA that lasts like 5 - 10 minutes, in which you cant get PA again, making wiz stacking somewhat pointless.

I heard many solutions to this topic, some good, some really bad, but any change to change the meta a little and give the game some fresh wind would be nice.

2. makis

T1s work just fine without PA. The problem was that in preawakening wizards and witches werent much different from what shai is now, and they gave them all these powerful support skills to make up for their garbage preawakening kit. As time passed witchards became normal classes, but PA was never removed.

3. NexNu

well dont forgt that t1 got a gear cap. This plays a big role in why it works without PA. In the big world out there with bigger numbers (gear and people) up to siege its a different ball game.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

literally unplayable in t2 without pa rotations coz serious lack of movement and getting melted in SAs.

5. NexNu

honestly im down to talk about the movement part since TP is a double edged sword, but i somehow dont wanna hear from a wizard they arent tanky compared to the average

6. makis

are you joking? if you look at the classes vs classes damage chart wizard has one of the highest damage taken values.

Fateneko likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

even with rbf rules in place u r lucky to connect 2-3 awakening melee spells without having to bail out, what tankiness are we talking about? (granted im only 363 dp)

8. NexNu

well guys, first of all i never played wiz in the first place, its mostly my observation playin the game and and seeing whats happening infront of me.
    can wiz die in SA trade, sure they can. Doesnt change the fact that i have seen wizards being pouned by 3 people just to stand up and TP away more often then i want to. (no PA)
    Could be insane gear gap sure. Maybe it seems to happen more often because so many people play wiz, sure. But i also consider they are a (atleast halfway) ranged class and have the tools (slow, freeze, TP, etc) to not take dmg. Though i know thats a different topic compared to pure SA trade

9. WhySoSeeryus

dont know what are u talking about honestly, as i can tell you that equal gear anything doesnt let you stand up. except if its scuffed combos in rbf where people **** over overlapping ccs and other **** on a previously PAd wizard. :D (and if they get up from some ungeared dude that feels entitled to kill 650+ gs people with his pve buffed 260 ap char, who gives a ****)

10. Fake_Alice

im 353dp 5400hp awa witch with nouver and -8 dr disto earrings. maehwas usually needs full combo to kill me. may be u using mix of dr and eva gear thats why you dying so fast.

11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

To me, what's most important is that I enjoy the class. That should go for everyone as well, I feel, though, different people find enjoyment in different ways. It's the main reason I've stuck with Sorc all these years, even around 2016ish when Sorc was perceivably underpowered as a gearlet (lingering SA meta, grab was very strong due to lingering SA. Sorc lacks both of these, at a time before Rabam skills were in the game). I was simply hooked on Sorc's gameplay and the scythe, so even as a low geared Sorc at that time, I still loved my class despite being very far from meta.

Witch, though, it's pretty good. I do wonder, though, what are the biggest differences between the casters and how? I'm making this my alt, alternating between two classes depending on what my guild needs at the time (pure fragger / distraction / cc initiator or support / ranged damage and cc). Hopefully I can be viable with it, so my guild can have another PA, more heals, and more ranged support for our frontliners.

12. WhySoSeeryus

succ witch is sweet these days.... and awakening witch is gonna be pretty dope also after these last global labs buffs land. thunderstorm speed buff and connection from voltaic go BRRRRRrrrrrr

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  13. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Am actually using the Brrrr title on my witch haha

14. WhySoSeeryus

hehehe.jpg
    this one kinda fits me ;) :D

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  15. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

As people were already kind to point out: Works in T1 node wars. No PA. And people having a blast because of it.
    If you push into a ball like an idiot then you get punished accordingly. Which is nice because if you die in a push in T2 or higher its always because of PA either bugging out or you just get ganked until PA runs out, while surounded by guardians, witches and wizards. Which means its basically RNG if you die or not.
    Also another fun side effect of T1 is the fact that wizards and witches arent actually that overpowered there.

We can talk about this however we want it is a fact that Thanos snapping PA from the game doesnt have any negative impact whatsoever. Infact it even uncovers one of the major flaws the game has which is the absolutely retarded defense stat formula. In T1 Node wars we have this beautiful world where you actually have to know how to combo people. Or you need to properly coordinate with your team mates to kill people. Which is absolutely beautiful.
    Meanwhile in T2 a guardian presses Shift Q. Like... Where is the fun in that?
    So yes i stay by my statement. Remove PA from the game entirely. No matter how i think about it i just can not think of a contra doing that.

#35 Ned Sheynji, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:16 AM
    Meow 2, makis and sajdas like this.
  16. Ahri-

You're literally the only 2 classes that gains extra dr during SA, funny how you not know this. Almost like staff players don't know **** about PvP.

17. makis

Apparently the one who doesnt know **** about pvp is you, for example guardian also gains extra dr in Shift+Q

18. WhySoSeeryus

they do get it (in awa ones its kinda needed, and id argue weak even) and still they flip over without PA rotations. :D almost as if it means very little with damage flying around these days.

19. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

What a class looks like on paper doesnt matter.All the "well they have this hupla blah blah,SA!,DP!,aoe!,cc!,fps,std,covid!" it means nothing.

Real world use is all that matters which is way too complex to ever try to compare on paper...and in real world pvp succ wiz is OP as sh*t!

#39 Stealthe, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 3:31 PM
  20. Ahri-

??? no they dont, god incinerator is basically free back attacks for any non-**** player anyway so even if they did it wouldnt even matter, no cc, slow af. Guardian is so slow on awakening that even if they did it'd be ok.

But you see, mages have that **** on every single ability.
    Honestly if you dont see how absolutely broken succ staff classes are youre just beyond help.

Topic:
    -->succession<-- wizard is overpowered