1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Succession wizard needs a serious nerf

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Basic, Jul 31, 2020.

?

What is your opinion on succession wizard?

1. Perfectly Balanced

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Too weak and needs a buff

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Too strong and needs a nerf

56 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. Basic

There has never been as many wizards in red battlefield as there is right now and it may be fun for the wizards but its ruining pvp for everyone else it has just become a game of who has the most succession wizards win.

This class is way too overpowered at every single thing in this game and i think everyone or at least the majority can agree on that

I used to play red battlefield for hours on end every single day but after succession wizard its impossible to enjoy it anymore same goes for any kind of largescale pvp.

Might as well just call the game Black Wizard Online at this point.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. Mattys

Get 750+ evasion and enjoy 0 dmg from succession wizards, they literally got 0 accuracy.
    Super easy to counter, its **** tier class in korea atm (go check newest tier list from youtube), because everyone is running 660gs+ in RBF with lots of evasion.

Jannanomana likes this.
  3. Basic

Getting 750+ evasion either means that you are really geared or that you will be taking a huge hit to your ap almost to the point where you will struggle to kill any decently geared person at all depending on your class ofcourse.

I dont think its reasonable to excpect people to be that geared just because of this one class.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

succ wizards need a nerf on voltaic>fog

maybe even their passive shouldnt influence originally awaken skills, that would kinda sort out insta voltaic into fog.

also, awaken wizard needs buffs. mechanical. bit more mobility and some anicancels(aqua fail at least). needs to get fixed pet flows so that they scale with gear.

#4 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Kurtferro79 and Basic like this.
  5. Kargor

The problem is that you were used to see a awakening wizard/witch (the average one) as free kill. Now you are dead when you are CCed. Welcome to the life of an Awakening Wizard/Witch (and do not tell me it was that hard to outplay them).

6. Mattys

The time will come, we are not that behind of korean players. In less than 1 year wizard will be useless once again.
    Same thing happens everytime with witchardz, they are good at certain point of the game and then they fall behind hardly.

Remember 2016, when 220ap awakening wizards were "unbeatable gods"? Then after a while, people realised how they suck at higher gs brackets (261+ ap back then) and it was useless class / only support class for years, until the succession came.

Same thing will happen again once people start reaching pen armors with c9's. Succession has huge problems with the accuracy and they will fall behind once again, after 650gs starting to be meta in EU/NA server. Then most likely witchardz will be untouched by devs for few years again and they will remain the "only support" role in the PvP for few years.

Also there's already korean players complaining about the succession wizard being bad. Why is it bad? Because majority of PvPers are 660+ gs there.

Jannanomana and makis like this.
  7. Blitzball

Except there are people with DR gear. Do you suggest than all Warriors / Valks / Guardian or any class without eva selfbuffs to get an evasion build instead ?

FairlyEnjoyable and Basic like this.
  8. Basic

I really hope you're right about that. I cant test it out myself since im nowhere near 650+ gs or 750 evasion so guess i will just have to wait and see what happens..

9. Basic

Them being a free kill or not is not the issue but their kit is very overtuned their ''tp'' seems more like flash from lol now that alone isnt a problem in it self but when u add dashes instacast high damage and tons of cc's ontop of that you get something that is very overpowered.
    Also i never saw wizard as a free kill maybe the bad ones werre that goes for every class but believe or not there was actually some skilled awak wizards out there.
    Succ wiz is strong at largescale, smallscale, 1v1, pve now is there even anything they are bad at ? Whats the point of playing anything besides wizard if they do everything so well. no other class has ever been this overtuned even guardian when it was at its ''peak'' was at least weak in 1v1.

#9 Basic, Jul 31, 2020
    FairlyEnjoyable and Blitzball like this.
  10. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

At 661 gs and around 740 evasion still getting 2 skilled by succ wizards in rbf so that **** aint going to work.

Ubbles, Basic and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  11. Wrapped In Plastic

Suc wiz is still broken above 650gs. It does less damage to evasion than DR yes but that doesn't somehow take away all of it's pros. It's still a high damaging class with; mobility, protected ccs, pa, heals, long range hard hitting skills and more. Awaken casters needed some love in areas outside of large scale but instead they decided to create this monstrosity of a class. Everyone knows it's absurdly OP and what makes it worse it's also incredibly easy so 90% of the fotm rerollers will be able to play it at a decent level with a few days of practice.
    Every global lab update I check it thinking yes today will be the day they finally tone it down, but no...

Hearts, Casty, Blitzball and 2 others like this.
  12. Nabuch

This idiotic ******** again. They have highest accuracy modifiers in the game, 15% evasion rate debuff on their opening skill and full combo with +12-30% accuracy rate on top of that 15% evasion debuff. Did you even read the skill descriptions? Go find me a class that shreds evasion more than Succ Wizard. You might try with Warrior, but you will be overwhelmed with numbers until you can only cry "b-but Counter"

Can you back this idiotic crap with actual facts and numbers or just "watch youtube"? All KR tierlists list Succ Wizard as THE best GvG/RBF/NW class.

If Succ Wizard was anything you said it is, it wouldn't have gotten GUTTED in their PvP balance patch on global lab that everyone cried about. You know, the one where Succ Wizard got their damage reduced by 33-40%? You think they made this patch for EU/NA? No, they did it because of KR, for KR. Unfortunately, the outcry was so big they backed out and made "new" class vs class modifier patch.

Psst: My 818 Evasion Ninja can only be comboed by 285 AP Succ Wizard, 301 AP Succ Mystic with Nature's Wrath/Succession buff for 12-15% accuracy rate and Succ DKs with relatively high AP (281+) because of their accuracy passive.

I've heard a certain EU 270/430 C20 Ninja in C19 PEN Tadd was still comboed by the same 285 AP Succ Wizard and got so mad he rerolled to Succ Wizard for a few NWs. Gee I wonder why.

#12 Nabuch, Jul 31, 2020
    Basic likes this.
  13. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Lol talkin about 660gs deep eva buiöd as it would be normal for eu/na...

"Class is balanced, just get 660gs 750eva"

Yea perfectly balanced xD

Blitzball, Basic and Fearless V like this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

bdo planner says:

740 eva is pen muskan+leebur c9, tri death god armor(c20 dim), pen c19 ultimate green helm, pen c5 kutum, pen sicil, pen orkinrad (667 gs), rest ap accessories(no eva offensive ones left beside sealed earrings but those are not obtainable anymore).

if u wanna tweak ap to be at next bracket it goes above 670 gs.

evasion build.jpg

15. Mattys

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/VcEUzY9

Actually I lied, you can get 780 evasion already at 640gs.
    This being the meta in korea, obviously not the meta in EU/NA yet. (will be in 1 year).

As being said wizard will do literally 0 dmg at that point of evasion, also it doesn't matter what reads in the descs of wizards "accuracy".
    You can go check bigandshinys video from here to get better understanding of classes, which are good and which are not (at accuracy).

In theory witchardz should be the most accuracy class in awakening, but as you can see from video, both wizard and witch lacking accuracy compared to other classes. Only class I can pop out of my head is awakening musa, which has similar accuracy to succession wizard.

But yeah, keep going on the full 309ap route with 294dp and keep complaining about succession witchardz. There should be bot reminding me of this topic after 1 year.

Jannanomana likes this.
  16. Mattys

Why don't you test succession wizard urself to get better understanding of the accuracy problems?
    Test with 400 accuracy, 269ap and go test against opponents with 700,750,800,850,900 evasion etc.

I've done that already. Also there might be possiblity that wizard running full accuracy build, because there's no way succesion wizard doing dmg to evasion targets otherwise.

17. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Now all you have to do is go against a siege guild in nodes and siege and see where the complaints originated from. On top of that they are the same ones in rbf deleting people.

18. Blitzball

Because you think other classes can ?

The only favored class against evasion build is Succ DK. All others classes need 2x Dawn.

Evasion is broken and it's not related to succ Wiz

19. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

In RBF I am joined by Wiz in TP, which we remember is completely in iframe.. adding the distance it can cover with remote skills and everything else, ranged CC and debuffs, and the istant Ice (which should be removed completely! is a 100% bug skill), I am an assasin class who is kicked out of a support class, something is wrong.. and now to compete I should have the end game gear (I can't put defensive accessories, otherwise I have no more damage to make 1 kill) ..because you need to be immortal to have any chance

Basic likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

fun thing is, .... if u get frozen (80% dmg reduction!) in rbf u r probably surviving then. the real pain is getting bound by initial voltac, then uber raped by fog and followup.