1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Succession wizard needs a serious nerf

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Basic, Jul 31, 2020.

?

What is your opinion on succession wizard?

1. Perfectly Balanced

22 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Too weak and needs a buff

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Too strong and needs a nerf

141 vote(s)
    78.3%
  1. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

For me,an awaken wiz my issue with succ wiz is the same issue I have with warrior.The class can remain so protected while also dealing so much damage that even though I can anticipate every move they are going to do I still cant counter it or even avoid it.Both succ wiz and awaken warrior do very cookie cutter and obvious plays but their is little room for any counter on succ wiz for me and absolutely no counter for me against warrior unless they have no clue what they are doing.

Succ wiz is obvious,hes going to keep tp'ing behind you with a protected skill that cc's and does crazy damage.Really isnt isnt counter to that other than stay in SA but you will still be killed through SA or try to get lucky and get a grab.

Warrior is just gonna charge me and grab me,I have 1 movement skill to get away but after I use it then he's gonna do it again and grab me and im dead,no counter possible.His grab will always win over mine so my grab is useless.And my grab also doesn't provide enough cc time to kill him,he'll block til full health and repeat til he gets me.

#121 Stealthe, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Fateneko and Basic like this.
  2. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I'm convinced that the most stupid skill in the game is the grabs skill, and because of it there are imbalances, especially for those who don't have it, I have the same difficulties with the warrior, the sorceres would not need continuous iframes to feel balanced if the grab did not exist, the wizz would not need crazy tp movements if the grab did not exist, unfortunately we continue on this stupid road that there are skills that win over everything, it must be said because as much as the warrior is strong in 1vs1 it loses a lot in mass, the wizzard succession is strong in both cases and in addition in mass has always been one of the most used classes for its usefulness, frankly seeing people who in mass pvp just climb and shoot spells camping like in the worst FPS games I am sorry that the game has been reduced to this, so many things should be reviewed, not only the wizzard, but every OP skill often exists to counter another, they must all be removed because they ruin the gamepl ay, the balancing must be done downwards, not further increasing the disgust that we then see in mass pvp.

3. makis

First correct thing you have said. Indeed grab is the deepest reason so many classes are broken like this.

If you nerf succ wiz without fixing all the reasons it needs to be like this first you are not solvign the problem you are just killing the class. Reign grabs in.

#123 makis, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. Xenon

That's ridiculous. Sorc had all of her iframes before we had as many grab classes as we do now. Way back when Warrior and Zerker didn't have the damage to capitalize on their grabs, too. Sorc is broken af, and there's a reason she's top 3 in KR right now despite not having a grab. I honestly think they should do a huge upheaval and revert all the balance changes made since spring of 2018, then start slowly chopping away at the awakenings and successions to bring them in balance. Even with all the current nerfs to succession and buffs to awakening, all the succession classes are better than their awakened counterpart with a few exceptions like Warrior.

Anyway, grabs are fine. The issue is all the damage and protection flying around right now.

Succ wiz doesn't need to be like anything. It didn't need all the **** it got, but it got it anyway because the developers gave up and just decided to do awakening 2.0. How do we strength an immobile caster class? Give them 0 cast time if they combo right, give them tons of new mobility, and let them cancel any of their skills into a teleport! Yayyy! Broken as ****. They don't even have a grab and they destroy other people in their protections. It's the same for Succ Lahn, Archer, Sorc, and Musa + many other non-grab class that can spread your cheeks without grabbing you. You guys just don't like things that can pierce your defenses. Also, let's face it, Warrior would dominate even harder if grabs were nerfed. Musa would rise back up to being a Mushin. Wiz would remain untouched because he's never needed it. Same for Sorc.

5. easay9

The issue is to much damage combined with way to much CC in the game your CC locked as soon as your on your back you are dead. Some people may like this I absolutely despise it. combat always feels better from both sides when you do not 1 combo people while they can do nothing against it. yes grabs are a way to get you down on your back same with knockdowns. I still believe knockdowns should not allow you to stack multiple CCs on top of them especially not another knockdown. you can hold people on the ground for what feels like 4-5 seconds which is a joke period. the CC known as a float is how long all CCs should be they should be quick they should stop you a little bit but no CC should hold you on the ground like a knockdown or grab does. and Im a ranger so coming from me I use both of these all the time and I even think its broken AF. they need to limit the CC so the game can actually take advantage of its fluid fast movement. I still also believe player movement should be slowed down so the servers can actually keep up with whats going on and deliver a far better combat experience. because right now no one can deny the fact that there are skills that should be fast movement but instead are warping players and if your locked at 60 and someone else isnt you can actually end up seeing this even more in combat because you wont even see the player your fighting thats at a higher FPS then you use some skills Ive tested this many times. most people play unlocked nowadays which increases animation speed and damage ( I use this as well doesnt mean I agree with the benefits it gives) which is why I say slow the movement down!

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

grabs are not fine to some classes. its legit autowin button if combined with mobility on a class in some matchups if u know when to use it.

u are wrong, succession is not awakening 2.0. it is in all intents and purposes basically totally new class that shares some skills with awakening and other skills share basically only names. playstyles are totally different. one is "dont stop moving ever if possible" while another is "u will barely move once u engage in melee combat while counting to 7"

#126 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    makis likes this.
  7. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Grabs I would leave them only at the zerc, but by reduce the Q buff to half the time, a modification to reduce spam at a distance, this applies to all, especially wizzard/witch that have aoes at a distance capable of hitting you and putting you in CC when not even you see them, imagine reaching them and killing them. This game is filthy, the grabs maybe in Korea work, I broke to be caught while I see the opponent meters away from me and turned elsewhere, it's too easy to play like that.

You are used to playing with one of the strongest classes, it is easy for you to underestimate some opponent skills, but it is not like that for everyone.

The CC system must be revised, with the damage that there is at the moment is oversized in many cases, and above all it must be rebalanced what should be strong, the attacks at a distance are often stronger than those close and this makes no sense.

The V and Escape must be removed while fighting a player.

#127 Kurtferro79, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    easay9 likes this.
  8. makis

If you think grabs were fine at release then you didn't play back then. Giving tons of iframe to sorc was the only way to make her viable vs warrior. Succ wiz 100% needed all this to be a relevant class, there was literally noone left playing awk wiz outside of PA users.

The irony here is its coming from a ninja of all classes. Do you even realize how broken and unfun your infinite mobility and grab makes things for other classes?

Quinra and easay9 like this.
  9. Xenon

You don't understand what I mean. For scope of purpose, it is awakening 2.0. It reintroduces the same issues that awakening did when they were initially released, after they just got done nerfing it into the ground not even a year prior. They added tons more protections, more aoe, more damage, additional mechanics and effects, more mobility, and more cc. They didn't learn a damn thing from what they did with nerfing awakening in 2018.

Actually, I did. I played Warrior from Alpha through all the betas, launch, and up until Musa released on 4/20, when I rerolled to it. You're just a joke if you think Sorc wasn't more than viable against Warrior. She decimated all of the cast barring herself for the first month or two of the game, along with Ranger. A Sorc with a decently enhanced liverto and some pri or duo blue accessories two shot everybody. Why do you think everybody complained about them and they got nerfed? Dark Flame and Dream of Doom were busted, Shotgun on Ranger was busted. Warrior wasn't anything but a petty annoyance in 1v1s or an impedance in group fights. They played like actual tanks and weren't dps gods like they are now.

Infinite mobility? Flexing your sorc galaxy brain here. Nobody has infinite mobility. Succ Ninja is gated by cooldowns and high stamina costs, while awakened Ninja is gated by speed and moderate to severe stamina drain for extended chases. Do you realize how unfun your sh*tty sorc class is to fight? You get to dance around people and be completely immune to everything they do until they die or you make a mistake and somehow get caught by committing to something you didn't have to/running out of gas. At least Musa keeps out of reach. You get to do all of it while sitting in someone's face, as if mocking them the entire time.

Let's not stop there. Do you realize how unfun it is to deal with Wizards tping long out of range and peppering my screen with cancerous screen-covering effects unless I play in minecraft mode? Do you realize how unfun it is to deal with Musas and Maehwas who do nothing but chase out of range and wait out their arrows/dbite cd? Do you realize how unfun it is to deal with geared archers just sniping you out of render range with a 4s long knockdown, or better yet, oneshotting you if they're geared enough? There are more examples to be listed, but this would go on forever. My point is this game is full of cheesy bullsh*t.

If grabs didn't exist, Warriors, succ Wiz, and Sorcs would be nigh unstoppable. Not like they aren't already, but at least it makes the playing field more fair. At least if you do something dumb as a sorc, you die. But it's really hard to do something dumb with the class if you know how to play it even a little bit. Very few of your skills require you to commit to them, and all you have to do is avoid using them until it's safe to do so.

I wasn't actively playing much during the two to three month period when Ninja was considered at its strongest in 2018, after the rebalance and until the large swath of nerfs hit the class. Ninja succession was nerfed within 2-3 weeks of its launch in NA/EU, so that didn't last long either. I'm not used to anything. In fact, if I was ever used to anything, it was that Ninja was dogshit outside of 1v1 for a long while.

It was a class nobody wanted for large scale, along with tamer and kuno, up until the end of 2017 when people's minds started to change about shortsword class viability. Ninjas were still the least accepted of the three classes. So no, you can take that "underestimate some opponent skills" schtick and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

#129 Xenon, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    sajdas likes this.
  10. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

It has never been a weak class even after the nerfs, among other things it has been rebuffed, so weak that it is one of the strongest classes in rbf, especially the strongest in its role, in the EU there have been entire guilds of only NJ such were OPs, luckily they were nerfed, but it doesn't mean they are worse than other classes or that they are not yet too strong and advantaged in duels.

11. Alodylis

wizard is fine don’t nerf my class I just came back to the game after two years wizard is great just leave it nothing to see here people keep it moving nerf witch but leave wizard or buff it more;)

12. Xenon

It was a weak class after awakening and until absolutes/rabams were introduced. Once they introduced those, Ninja's performance went up and it was no longer weak.

13. sajdas

ninja biggest buff was funnily enough the nerf of all classes to his level (the 2018 cc-protections nerfs), along with the rabams and absolutes which was a great extra because of his lacking offensive awak kit.

makis likes this.
  14. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

You're talking about 300 years ago, come on

15. WhySoSeeryus

Awa specs need a bit more mobility. Otherwise they are too linear and predictable with almost no outplay potential.

makis likes this.
  16. Vortexii

"Anyway, grabs are fine. The issue is all the damage and protection flying around right now."
    Everything in BDO is broken, but it's also important to recognize that it's beyond broken it's compounded broken. For example Ranged Grab breaks the entire concept of Grab and Range. It breaks the entire FG/SA/Block and defensive skills everyone complains about. It literally bypasses every single protection and then compounds that issue with ridiculous damage essentially making that the end of a fight. And in response to such a ridiculous and lame skill classes then need to iframe or move all over the place so they are never stationary for a single second.

Pearl Abyss can't clean up this mess. It's embedded into the foundation of the game. Shamefully Kakao could have at least lessened this issue to their customers by providing optional PVE & PVP servers, but they where simply not wise enough to do so.

17. WhySoSeeryus

all grabs should be at least 1,7 cc points, preferably full 2.

18. Vortexii

Grab as ALL cc's should be toned down 90% and used as actual crowd control instead of the only means to hit a target. Grabbing a target to prevent a heal for example would be a more legitimate use. Grabbing an opponent for the sake of chaining CC's and beating them to death is simply not a game even worth playing.

Quinra likes this.
  19. LithicForm

all the complaining in the world won't mean diddly cuz A. PA will never see it and B. if they do, they don't care since KR meta is not NA meta

20. Ahri-

Every other post in kr forums is complaining about succession wizard and valkyrie lol.

Not the same btw.