1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestion: delete pre-order system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Factorial, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Factorial

the prices for items are set within a range for a good reason. this was done to stop inflation as well as give everyone a fair chance, including new players against seasoned veterans. the pre-order system ruins this equalization.

the very rich can put massive, massive amounts of money to get items where the newer/poorer players can't compete. to make matters even worse, most things to pre-order now. every time something is listed, it goes to pre-order for massive amounts of silver. this needs to stop.

what this does is make the rich and stronger even stronger while leaving others to struggle unfairly. so delete the pre-order system

Ainzell, Garryfre and Jannanomana like this.
  2. Krog Gar

Krog Gar Berserker 61 EU

It's pretty useful for people like me, who have jobs and can't sit watching the marketplace 24 hours a day.
    So, delete, no.
    Capping it to the maximum price of the item, and maybe mixing it in with the bidding phase would be nice though. (The latter just because I don't like seeing the notifications for items going to pre-order. could just not notify people about things that go to pre-order instead, I guess.)

3. elephantgrey

+1 if they raise prices accordingly. Nearly all prices for gear are way too cheep. Especially the enchanted stuff. That way people might actually sell things.

Enchanted silver embroidered cloths should be at least the price for pri/duo/Tri etc boss gear.

4. Krog Gar

Krog Gar Berserker 61 EU

You can usually brute force +2 silver embroidered with no intentional failstacking and about 10 mil... Possibly a lot less if you get lucky. Boss gear costs like 8 times that to buy the unupgraded, before you even get to +1 let alone Pri...

5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Stupid suggestion and NO! If you are poor don't mean every1 else has to suffer, some people don't have enough time to be online and rather pay double while afk..

R.Prescott, Qba and LogicaI like this.
  6. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

In my view would be enought setting a CAP for preorders, as u get just a 20% extra for the placed pre-orders. Like you can pre-order with an increase of 20% of the main price, and if there's more ppl "pre-ordering" becomes RNG as always. That way you will control market price inflation and the people who can't stay in the PC for a long period watching the market place, atleast will have the chance to get it, but ofc, with RNG like EVERYONE.

Lefteye, RageAgainst and Tiffa like this.
  7. Masterio

No preorders are good, rich ppls lose their money for this :) And it still not enough :)

8. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

You do realize that those pre orders take a huge chunk of money out of the system. Also not all items go to pre order there are still items that go into bid phase. except for maybe pen items.
    And if pre orders were not there then some people would not even have a chance to get some items as they might be rarely listed and if they might not be around to bid on them or there are hundrets of peoples bidding on said item. With a pre order set you are pretty much garanteed to get the item sooner or later.
    And as its said, it takes out money. Urugons pre order on eu is 4 billion silver for tet. so this takes out at least 2.9 billion silver of the system. And the person getting the money only gets like 95% of the money that the item is worth.

R.Prescott likes this.
  9. Cedricu

10. Factorial

once again, pearl abyss doesn't care about the amount of silver in the game. if pearl abyss so much as care for in game silver, they would stop injecting humongus amonts of silver with events damn near every week.

with pre orders out of the way, we have a fixed economy where everything is the same price today as it was three years ago. this levels the playing field for everyone including newcomers and veterans alike.

the whole concept of a money sink in BDO holds no water.

currently, the pre order system caters to the obscenely rich who can put out hundreds of millions even billions for thing that cost less than 100 million, e.g. base boss gear. pre-orders allow inflation to run rampant with things such as single memory fragments being pre ordered for millions. it should not be this way.

11. Valkaryie

no DUMBASS its a huge and UNCAPPED silver DELETER which is what the game needs right now more than ever

12. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

I am looking forward to not getting any boss gear or accessiories in the future if PA listens to you because i don't have the time to wait in front of the marketplace for someone to list the items that i want because i cant set a pre order for said item. So i will stay way below soft cap gear.

13. Solsi

No thanks. It's a last resort for unlucky players.

Besides, most items skips pre-order, so it's hardly a situation where rich players gets all the stuff from mp. It's lucky players that gets most of the stuff from mp and ofc various amounts of macro spammers and bots outside of bid phase.

In addition to that, pre-order is one of the most effective silver sinks in-game that helps hold inflation down.

If most items went to pre-orders though, I'd agree about the problem. But it's only around 30-35%.

The real problem is marketplace supply v.s demand in general being really unbalanced. That's why you cant just buy stuff and why half the stuff is sold out 99% of the time.

But controlled economy and fixed prices, also helps keep inflation down, so not sure how to fix the mp situation. If people could just price stuff without limits, the economy would get far worse.

14. LightsOut

No. This will further break the economy.

R.Prescott likes this.
  15. XLucaX

lmao, the preorder is working as intended.

If I preorder potato with 400m, you the seller will still only get 300 silver. The only thing that makes my 400m worth is the bigger possibility of me getting the item before LightsOut who decided to only preorder 1k silver on the said potato. But just because I preordered 400m does not 100% mean I get it.

Its working as intended.

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

that would piss off sea monster hunters, dont be silly

17. Suh

Suh Sorceress 62 EU

Actually, while a lot of people are butthurt about it, injecting money through event is a catch-up mechanic of some sort. Point being: if you give 300M to everyone, the less money a guy have, the biggest increase in buying power he gets. Which is actually a good thing even if it creates a subsequent problem.

With pre orders out of the way, you lose the biggest money sink in-game, and due to the actual inflation, you make everything valueless for anyone who is already rich enough. Meaning you'll have an even higher demand since they'll spend even less on each purchase. And nobody on the other side who will think: "hey maybe I could get some money by selling an Epheria boat and hoping it goes through preorder".
    In short, it will make things worst at every level: more silver available on the server, higher demand, lower supply.

It does. That's why the marketplace is emptier every day. Because silver holds less and less value every day since there is more and more of it available everywhere.

Remove the pre orders without adding more money sinks, fast forward a bit, and we reach a DIY state: everyone will be swimming in money, silver will hold 0 value as it won't get you anything, marketplace will be emptier to the point we could just remove it, error 404 economy not found.

Yes, just like getting 300M out of an event is meaningfull only for the obscenely poor. All in all, events + preorders are one of the few things which actually make the poor richer and the rich poorer.
    And, food for though: pre orders wouldn't cater to the obscenely rich if, and only if ..... there was less silver overall. As in: there were more money sinks. So ultimately, your 2 points contradict each other.

#17 Suh, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  18. Factorial

i get what you are saying, but remove pre-order while keeping the economy with fixed prices equals zero inflation. it is that simple.

19. Factorial

who sits at the mp looking for items to be listed especially with the notification system. when an item is listed on the mp, you have 15 minutes to wait before you can bid on it. at the 13 minute mark, you can switch to an alt then bid while your main is doing other things.

20. Factorial

no it wouldn't break the economy. it will actually help the economy by disallowing those with the massive amount of silver from dominating the mp and creating inflation.