1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion forum

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hyppocritten, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Hyppocritten

@CM Aethon @CM Kabz @CM Praballo @CM Serenity @CM Yukimura

Hello

I dont know wich of you is actually reading suggestion forum.
    But I made a serious suggestion and tbh got no feedback on it.

Like simple feedback:
    Did you read it
    Did you note it
    Did you discuss it
    Did you follow up with PA on it
    Did you ... do anything at all with it?

So I started to wander on the suggestion board, but there is no feedback to be found.

Can you make an inventory list of somekind, maybe with

Brief subject | denied or reviewed

It would be a start to some communication regarding suggestions no?

Now it seems a put it there and dont bother us with it board..

Look it up, it's pretty much the first time since headstart I adress you directly on forum.

2. Jey

Jey

there is no need to get a feedback from community manager.

3. CM Kabz

Community Coordinator

Hello Hyppocritten,

We read all your suggestions, we make notes and we discuss about it before to send it to PA. It is not easy to implement suggestions in the game, but I can confirm you they are taken into consideration.

PurplePumpkin and Galatia like this.
  4. Dremlock

5. Hyppocritten

Why cant we have feedback on them?
    How do I know I should keep my 'hopes' up or not.. it's annoying not knowing.
    Rather would like to know it has been declined instead.

My issue I have with drying now is it depends on the weather, while heating does not. It's an imported difference that makes me dry when not being AFK .. I rather we gathering or gaining energy/knowledge instead of looking at my char drying hides..

I'm considering to stop using hides in processing something that sells really good cause of it.
    How do I know I should just go change my production or wait or answer bout drying and weather dependance.

6. Ravare

It would take too much time for them to respond to everyone's suggestions on the forums.

Who gets replied to and who doesn't?

When someone doesn't get a reply what is the reaction? Most would assume that means they are being ignored.

What if a CM responds, then people keep asking for more clarifications and wanting the CMs to continue to respond in the thread?

It just opens up a whole line of communication that would bog down the CMs and GMs. They honestly don't have the time to always respond. Even if they would want to. If people knew they could post in Suggestions forums and be guaranteed a response, it would be abused I think.

Not saying they don't want to respond. But they do not have the time always.

PurplePumpkin likes this.
  7. Dremlock

"hey guys! Based on community feedback we buffed sausans!"

L

M

F

A

O

Sizer, MeguminV2 and Draconnix like this.
  8. CM Kabz

Community Coordinator

[​IMG]

I see, but whatever your suggestion is, even if developers accept to implement it in the game, don't expect it to have it in the coming days, as I said it's not easy and it can take time. Your idea, for example, can have a big impact in the economy of the game, it's not just an option to remove.

About communication, I think Ravare summarize well the situation. Since we are not the ones who take the decision to implement those things, we cannot promise anything.

9. Dremlock

realization: Our suggestion forum is used as material for daum's suggestion forum to PA. I wonder if Daum gets PA GM responses to their posts?

Found this neat infographic about it online

[​IMG]

according to this, the NA/EU playerbase bottom-feeders subsist on plant matter and waste products that trickle down to us. Daum feeds on us helpless lil sea bugs as well as PA waste, and PA eats succulent Daum suggestions.

Sizer likes this.
  10. Hyppocritten

What is the job of a CM then?
    Seriously, what do they do 8h/d 5d/w ?
    If they answer helpdesk, they aren't community managers or not how I interprete the jobdiscription.

It's not bout promises/expectations, it's about the status of a suggestion. It's bout simple feedback. U use the statusfield on your personal to do list no?

Isn't it just a matter of simplefying your incompany overview list u use yourself and putting that online.

It might even be possible to automate that as with most ticketing lists.

11. Ravare

Their job is to manage the community. Manage the forums and also be the middle-men(women) between the community and the Developer.

You would think the job as simple as replying to the forums and reading them. But typically community managing positions require lots of meetings. Follow up meetings, etc.

It's a bit much to explain on the forums and honestly I think it would be best for you to research yourself what a CM or GM typically deals with day to day in MMOs. But trust me, their job is not some simple sit down at a computer and read and respond to the forums.

I think you would find that CM's and GM's for MMOs work more than a standard blue collar 8 hour day (unless the MMO is sufficiently or overly staffed).

12. Hyppocritten

If it was to be the middle man, feedback back to the community would be nice. A simple status list ac
    U are the community manager manager or?
    Simple feedbacklist (most likely already used in company, if they are serious bout the feedback) as feedback to us with a simple status: denied/under review/to be implemented, is too much to ask?

@CM Kabz Ino it's not bout days or even weeks but just some simple heads up m8... it's just good common practice... .

13. Hype33

They're all bots. They are getting smarter. They even responded to dremlock's post with a meme. The bots are becoming self-aware. Pretty soon they'll remove the entire map and only allow us in sausan garrison or pirate island.