1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion - give us a non functional appearance slot

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Starseeker, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

So I know there are "costume slots" that are functional, and there are armor slots. However, when I'm life skilling and wearing my functional costume, and my crafters cloths, I would love to be able to wear a appearance over that so I don't look like a fish or a hobo sailor when I'm AFK fishing.

I would like a slot just for appearance, there doesn't have to be any stats associated with it. Allow us to put whatever items we want in there, armor, outfit, costume, but you get 0 benefit except for the appearance of that armor. I like the appearance of some of the armors in the game, but I would never use them due to the stats, let me put them on as appearance.

I would buy more costumes for my life skilling toons and I would probably make in game outfits to wear the appearance of because I have 0 intrest in making them into functional costumes by buying a coupon (I would just buy a pearl shop costume).

Just a suggestion from someone who likes to look pretty while standing around 10 hours a day.

Yitsoe and MMoNoob like this.
  2. elephantgrey

How about being able to melt down life costumes into crystals? The same way other costumes made with tailoring coupons can.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

as @elephantgrey has mentioned, this was the original intention of the Costume Crystals.

I believe that the community that utilizes this content would find several changes welcomed, such as:

Additional Costume Socket Slots
    Outfits being able to be made into crystals

I will need some additional information to properly make these entries:
    When you turn a costume into a crystal, which Costume affects do we currently have that are transferred to the crystal?
    Which costumes/outfits can not be turned into a crystal?

MMoNoob likes this.
  4. elephantgrey

As far as I know, only costumes made with cloths that can be sold under the 'Crafted Clothes' in the MP can be turned into crystals.
    An addition I would like to see would be costumes made with the [professional (lifeskill) cloths] available from luxury vendors.

5. Cthulette

The bathing suits that were released during the TWE did something to this effect, hiding the fishing suits with the bikinis/boxer shorts. It would be cool to see something like that but for full clothes.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

Going forward in this topic, will point out that the item necessary to socket a costume is a drop in game, while the coupon necessary to create the crystal is not.

So I am sure there would be backlash if things like Silver Embroidered were able to be turned into crystals, and then plugged into a Karki suit (for example)

7. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

I always thought it was wonky that you had to create a costume then buy the coupon to make it into a crystal.

This was more where i was going with my original suggestion though, it would be nice to have a slot that I can just dump any gear/outfit into that will hide what I am wearing. I don't need this slot to have a function besides covering my cloths. My life skiller wears a functional costume and life skill cloths, and I have the option to look like a fish, or look like I'm wearing ratty fishing cloths, I would like to be able to wear Archer Guard costume (with 0 benefit except appearance) for instance while I'm fishing.

Cthulette likes this.
  8. Cthulette

I gotchu.
    (Totally not sure where the crystal talk came from, either.)

9. Andaro

Ambassador

:3 my fault, I think I inadvertently steered away from the main concept.....due to a lack of understanding.

Now I understand more clearly that you wish to:

"Be able to wear a costume over another costume"

Cthulette likes this.
  10. Cthulette

Yee. But you make a good point on the crystal topic, it's worth being discussed.

11. Andaro

Ambassador

well, I think why I brought that up is because logically speaking , we can already assume that "wearing a costume over another costume" is not going to happen.

The crystal sockets in costumes was supposed to take on that conceptual issue....I.e. "if you had a fishers outfit made into a crystal you then socket into whatever pretty costume you wanted"

Which is awesome, would solve that issue.....but then I also brought up a counter argument that the "p2w" crowd might have an issue with that, hence back to you for further discuss....xD I'm just poking to find a viable solution to both issues :3

*edit*

I suppose you could eliminate a p2w argument if it were only certain specific functional outfits that could be turned into crystals....such as FisherSplat or DumDum, since they don't have additional bonuses such as "life skill exp %"

Cthulette likes this.
  12. elephantgrey

I would recommend the professional lifeskill cloths available from luxury vendors rather than silver embroidered. (The ones that can already be turned into costumes)

13. Andaro

Ambassador

those can be turned into clothes but not into crystals?

14. elephantgrey

I have the traders, fishers, and hunters costume version (transformed with tailoring coupons) and cannot select them to heat.

15. SAROMON1989

That is actually a very good idea for the customization of the game.

16. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

Making a functional costume into a crystal would work too that I could then put into the outfit/costumes. Solves the issue somewhat. One problem though would be that functional costumes have multiple parts (fisher splat has different bonuses on the hat vs the chest). With only chest pieces having crystals, you'd still have to wear the other parts. Unless you made the whole outfit and all of it's bonuses into a crystal.

However there is another side to this, and it's why I was asking for an appearance slot only:

Boss armor for instance. Dim Tree is hideous who wants to look like a giant tree sasquash? So I can use a costume from the pearl shop to cover it ...hopefully they have a selection, or a crafted costume with a coupon from the pearl shop, or i can use one of the hand full of costumes you get (serendian soldier outfit for instance), but if I don't use pearls, my options are VERY limited here. What if I like the look of my regular armor? I have no way to take advantage of the non boss armor appearance after I get to a certain point in the game...unless I carry it around and only wear it in town or something? I just feel like they put all these nice looking armors (sometimes not so nice) and then when you get to life skills or end game you can't use them anymore because of limited options. Would be nice to have slots you can plug your old armor into, or a costume, or an outfit, and just wear the appearance.:)

17. elephantgrey

It has been suggested before that you should be able to use a tailoring coupon to turn normal armour into a costume. Idk where I stand on this, it depends on what stats carry over.

18. Andaro

Ambassador

Here is what we know so far:

Tailoring Coupon - which turns an in-game costume into a pearl slot costume, has to be used on each piece.
    Costume Crystals - heating a costume into a crystal, which sockets into another costume
    Costumes can only hold one socket, and equipped with only one crystal

To specifically address the OP, here is what I have derived
    • Create a "Vanity Crystal System"
    • Add a slot on the UI of the gear window, "Vanity Crystal Slot"
    • Add a Vanity Processing tab in the Processing Window for turning costumes, armor, or clothes into Vanity Crystals
    • Equip the Vanity Crystal to obtain the look transcribed onto the Vanity Crystal
    • Vanity Crystal Appearance would over-ride any other appearance of the character
      • add a toggle button on the bottom of the gear window to toggle the vanity crystal appearance on/off
    • In the "Vanity Processing Window", select the costumes to be transcribed to the Vanity Crystal
    • Upon creating of the Vanity Crystal, all bonuses are lost and only the appearance will be transcribed

The alternative solutions would be to:
    • Increase the amount of sockets in a costume, or allow socketing of costume pieces Helm, Gloves, Boots
    • Allow heating of Outfits such as fisher splat, dum dum, to create costume crystal with the transcribed stat
    • Heating a costume head costume would yield a costume head crystal, (etc)

Personally I'm in favor of the latter, as it requires less development, however yields more pay to win (pro / con)
    The former requires more development but less pay2win (pro / con)

#18 Andaro, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Starseeker likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

but i want to know if i go into water that the guy following me cant swim fast, for instance. :D