1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: make "book training" more like "transport"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by [-=DSW=-]Andromeda, Sep 10, 2020.

?

I think this is

1. a good idea.

2. a bad idea.

3. meh.

4. PIE!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. [-=DSW=-]Andromeda

Here's a thought:

What if "book training" was more like transport?

As in, when you start book training you have the option to switch to a different character, or log out alltogether.

If you do so, the character that is doing book training will be unavailable until the time from the books runs out, so you also won't be able to add more time or activate buff scrolls, but you *can* log out, or go fight something else somewhere else.

If you don't, book training works like before: you can add more time if you have more books in your inv, and you can activate buff scrolls for more exp, but you can't play on a different character, or use your computer for something else.

Side effect: offline book training means no problems if your cable modem barfs on your.

Comments?

Baked Bacon and Nannyberry like this.
  2. Kiri_Dar

I like Pie. Now you making me hungry....

Not sure how I feel on this actually. If you allow logout then training dummies would be free for others to use but would make it seem less people are playing for the logout option. Being able to change toons seems like then you could be doubling down with main on dummy while fisher is making money for the books main is using. Like the idea of not losing time though as had many a time loved back in next morning and buffs were still active so know my game crashed pretty quickly.

3. [-=DSW=-]Andromeda

how about this: a character using the "offline book training" gets transported away to some faraway training camp... effectively freeing the dummy, and giving a convenient explanation as to why the character is unavailable until the training is finished.

4. Nicci

I wish... but this probably isn't a good design decision for the game / spirit of the game's intent. They want the world to feel full, open... you can see people training and in big training events space is limited. This suggestion would also mean that super wealthy people could train pretty much all their characters 24/7 which has some major advantages and would cheapen the game overall for others that didn't do so.

I do wish they'd do something about disconnects though. There isn't a good reason as to why a character should pay a penalty of buff time for a disconnect. Keep the character training or allow the timer to stop. The current mechanic allows for any character to train (change characters, hop on a different dummy) since it's a buff like a value pack, but it could use improvement.

5. chendu

truth be told I wish we had some of the BDO mobile element :
    Char can grind area for 3-6 hours while disco.

if they reduce it a bit or adapt so it's not too busted it could be nice