1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Suggestion Submission Thread (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brightcide, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightcide

Thread closed.

#1 Brightcide, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
    nethkhadar, JM, Mexutolavena and 48 others like this.
  2. Sheyki

1. Doubt it will ever happen.
    2. Yes, please.
    3. Yes, please.
    4. Yes, please.
    5. I don't care.
    6. I don't care.
    7. I don't care.
    8. I don't care.
    9. It's better than it was when they released BDO on steam, but it's still one of the worst I've experienced in any game in last few years.
    10. Worst pvp penalties ever invented.
    11. Yes, please.
    12. Value packs giving +100% drop rate = P2W.
    13. They still think it's in game even though everyone confirmed it's not.
    14. I think you should be able to chose somehow how many mobs you want to pull, for example lower levels can pull 5, 10, 15 or unlimited, but if you go past 56 you can only chose 15 or unlimited, and after 60 only unlimited. You have to remember that there are actually new players who can't get full DUO grunil and DUO weapons for lvl5 character.
    15. I agree there are too many Olvia servers, but I hope you meant they should remove XP boost from them aswell.
    16. Yes, please.
    17. Yes, please.
    18. No. Just no.
    --------------------------------------------My suggestion-------------------------------------------------------------
    19. Either start getting rid of bots or make camping at marketplace afk-able (like with bots... but as part of the game).
    20. kama when
    21. Remove P2W (P2RNG) from horses like on premium aka dead RU server, but instead of hunter's seals make it for horse delivery or horse racing (this would be kinda pointless, you need good horse to get good horse).
    22. Low FPS at marketplace fix.

PS I doubt any GM/CM will even read it.
    @Slynx - this is another way to make bots better.

#2 Sheyki, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    JiraiyaSama likes this.
  3. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

I think that they should fix marketplace bidding system and I'm not talking about buying cheapest items, but about endless tries to buy one specified item (e.g costumes, value packs, kzarka/dandelion, etc).
    The easiest way to fix it would be to use already in-game failstacking system. The idea is very simple. Every time you try to buy item (bid) and fail, you chance for success in next bidding goes up, .e.g by 0.1%.
    This will result in a situation where two players have, e.g. 75% of success rate and one 50%.

The simple algorithm could looks like this:
    Code:
    step = 0.01; // increase after failed bid
    total = playersBidding * (100 / step); // total possibilites for RNG
    winner = RNG(total); // random number from 0 to total
    counter = 0;
    for (player in playersBidding)
    {
        playerNumbers = (player.currentChance/step);
        if (winner < (playerNumbers + counter))
        {
             // player won the bid
             player.currentChance = 1; // reset chances
        }
        else
        {
             counter = counter + playerNumbers;
             if (player.currentChance < 100)
                 player.currentChance = player.currentChance + step; // increase the chance if below maximum
        }
    }
    So, having 100% doesn't mean you win in next click, but will give you more "rng numbers" in the total pool.
    Few lines of (pseudo)code and problem solved.
    This will additionally include cases where item goes through bidding system and just will go directly to standard "fastest winner" mechanism.

Sorry for any language mistakes, english is not my native.

Schrumpel and Brightcide like this.
  4. Brightcide

Sheyki -
    • Yes, Value Packs giving +100% droprate would be P2W, hence why I suggested increasing the droprate at the mob level, not via a Value Pack or other buff.
    • Not sure what you mean about node leveling, as I explained how bonus droprates on rare items (unless extremely high) wouldn't increase actual droprates, and therefore is not able to be confirmed or disproved by the players.
    • As for pulling too many mobs at lower level, I would agree with you there and will adjust the OP to reflect that.
    • I apologize for being unclear on Olvia servers being repurposed, I will change the description.
    • I stand firm on increasing Hard/ Sharp drop rates, as anyone above 350 GearScore goes through them like candy. I blew 20 this morning just getting my armor back to DUO after a failed TRI roulette, and that was with starting at 15 FS before attempting each DUO. If I had gathered all of those Hards, at a rate of about 1 per hour (and that's at Professional 10 Gathering using Magical tools), that's 20 hours of gathering to be blown in 5 minutes of enhancing, for very minimal gains. The drop rates for Hard/ Shards used to be higher from my understanding, but were nerfed following the digging fiasco.
    • I will add that bots need to still be addressed to the thread, but given that this has been an ongoing issue that is hard from a player's perspective to detect if it's being addressed or not, it will be difficult for us to know what is or isn't being done about it.
    • I'm not too familiar with the P2W system you're referring to with horses (other than breed reset/ skill reset coupons), so if you could go into further detail (with the Seals) I'd be happy to add it to the thread!
    Slynx -
    • I think this is a great idea, and will add it to the main post!

5. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

I will completly agree with you. I'm one of the few players that acutally tried to follow the Black Desert story, but the voice acting is simply horrible. I played a lot of games but - honestly - never heard something that bad. If someone want to comment about that - first tell me that you have at least 450 energy potins to prove that you acutally had to talk with NPC's and listen to their "voice acting" during amity game.

Long time ago I just wanted korean/japanease (did anyone heard it?) voice acting - even if I don't understand nothing/much the voice acting is more... hmmm... passionate? I don't know how to properly describe it, but it simply sounds better. That's all. (I love the jarrette japanease voice acting :D)
    Now, it probably doesn't matter, because everyone already completed all main story quests, but it still would be nice to have such option. The additional problem with voice acting is the lack of... RNG? I never thought I'm gonna say it;p, e.g. the heidel storage manager - EVERY time you click on him he tells one of his annoying "jokes". If he could at least from time to time... just... shut up.
    When I'm processing or cooking something I'm constatly working with storage, so, as you may image it's really annoying...

6. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

What about the worker nodes leveling? They said at the beginning that it's not working - it gives nothing. This didn't changed, but yet, we still have the option to invest in worker nodes. Another thing that proves their incompetence. The players were investing into nodes, they lost thousands of energy points, because they - rightly - were sure it will increase the amount of resources gathered by workers. I did these same because i was SURE that game that is online for more than year (korean server) cannot have such obvious bugs. I was wrong.

Brightcide likes this.
  7. Brightcide

@Slynx Added worker node investment to number 13!

Also, added two new sections regarding AFK fishing and worker transfers.

#7 Brightcide, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  8. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

Better? No. Bot gonna buy item anyway but with proposed system, his chances will be lower after he buy it.
    Before bot fail to bid enough times to have equal chances, you will get advantage, e.g.
    You try to buy value pack. Bot will bid all value packs, you have time to bid only half. In the worst case scenario, your chances will get higher after each fail (+1%) and bot will reset his counter more frequently, because he will win more (in theory).
    So, at the end, we will get something like - bot will bid 100 times and get 5 value packs, you will bid 50 times and get 1 value pack.
    Even if there are thousands of players bidding, you will have your chances much higher than others bidding. It will never be guaranteed, because it cannot be, there is more players trying to bid too.

9. Brightcide

Update: Added sections on Production Pop-ups and Increased Energy Regen.

10. Brightcide

Update 8/3: Added sections on Miss Effects, Actions While Dead, Repairing Siege Structures, Glitched Placements, Increasing Building Structure HP, and Jump/Climb/Sprinting with Non-Weapons.

Edit: Cleaned up grammar, syntax, and wording on opening statement and multiple sections.

#10 Brightcide, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  11. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit DeMinuit Kunoichi 61 NA

1. Yes. Recently I think they have been trying to do more in this direction. I'm referring to the Dev Diary and hopefully they will continue with more of this.
    2. Yes, although I think they are aware of most issues. Even if they don't play as much (since they do have to work!) they read the forums. Always good to mention though.
    3. Unacceptable indeed.
    4. Yes.
    5. Yes.
    6. Yes.
    7. Yes.
    8. Yes.
    9. Yes, although it has gotten better recently.
    10. Indifferent.
    11. Yes.
    12. Yes.
    13. Yes, or something to improve the situation anyway.
    14. Yes.
    15. Yes. We do need more channels especially in NA.
    16. Not knowledgeable on the subject.
    17. Yes.
    18. Yes, or at least needs some consideration.
    19. Yes.
    20. Not knowledgeable on the subject, but hope one day we will live in a world free of bots!
    21. Yes.
    22. Yes.
    23. Yes, ruins screenshots.
    24. Yes, and improve for offline characters too.
    25. Yes.
    26. Indifferent.
    27. Indifferent.
    28. Indifferent.
    29. Indifferent.
    30. Yes.

#11 Lady Minuit, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Brightcide likes this.
  12. Brightcide

Thank you very much for the response, and I completely forgot about how terrible the offline regen is! I will modify the main post to include that!

Lady Minuit likes this.
  13. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

I think we forgot about most important problem - P2W factor with marketplace.
    I'm not saying that selling pearl items on market is bad and should be removed. No, it ok, it very good, because all players can get items like value packs or costumes.
    The problem we are talking about is the price. After recent increase of 50% the game is going into P2W problem, seriously. 36mln*5 every week is a nice money. The price for costume is 36 mln but items are worth much more, about 100 mln per costume should be ok, because the items are ALWAYS sold out on market.
    How to solve this problem? As always, solution is very simple.
    Increase the price for pearl items - at least double - so, costume will cost about 70 mln and value pack 25 mln and put on all pearl items higher tax rate(s).
    Code:
    Example:
    Tax - 60%
    Costume - 70 mln * (1 - 0.6) = 28 mln profit for seller. Acceptable.
    Value pack - 25 mln * (1 - 0.6) = 10 mln profit for seller. Acceptable.

I'm not talking that tax rate need to be constant for all pearl items. For some categories (costumes/pets/etc) may be adjusted.
    Problem with P2W solved and items will stay on market after some time - it will be easier to buy them and they will get their actual value.

From my own experience, I bought all witch costumes only because they are cheap (24/36 mln is nothing). With price 70/100 mln per costume I would consider if I want to buy costumes which I never use.

14. Brightcide

To be completely honest I think that even at 70 million and 25 million respectively, these items would still be instantly sold out. Look at boss gear; those go up for hundreds of millions, sometimes billions, and thousands of people are still bidding on them. In my opinion this would just take more Silver from the buyers.

15. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

And that's the point. Everything have it's value, the problem is to use price which reflects the real value. I'm not saying that 70 and 25 millions are the price we need, it was just an example. The solution here would be to increase minimum/maximum price, e.g. between 50 and 150 mln. The truth is that noone knows the real value of pearl items, we need to figure it out using free market method.
    At the beginning all items would be sold for 150 mln, but 150 is a lot for new players and sometimes too much for costume if you already have one.
    How many costumes would you buy when the price would be 150 mln each? Most players would stay with one/two, because their real value is too high. The players that can buy all of them for such price is not many.
    Look at the korean market - what is best example - their costumes are 100 mln each - and they stay on market, there are dozens of them and players are starting to sell them for lower price (their real value is lower). That's how it works.

Keep in mind that there will be always players with unlimited amount of money, so first.e.g 100 new costumes will be always sold with maximum price - that's normal.

Btw. boss armors are most important items, so their real value is super high. Without costume you can live, they are not that important, so, even they are pearl items, their value is lower.

16. Brightcide

But we do know the value of Pearl items; the average player can grind out 36 million Silver in 3.5 hours. A person working a job at $10 an hour (which is rough, but we'll go with it) would have to work that same 3.5 hours to gain enough real money in order to purchase the costume. By selling their costume for 36 million, that person is essentially trading their 3.5 hours of working for 3.5 hours of grinding. It's a pretty efficient system, imo.

17. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

Keep in mind that kids don't work and spent more time playing, so they have other money/silver ratio ;)
    You have people from different countries where money have different value and additionally - as mentioned - there are players for which the value of real money is other than virtual.
    That's why is not that simple.
    You cannot argue with that. Game was prepared (on the beginning) for korean players - only - so it's easier to figure out the pearl items value.
    E.g. in my country everage hourly rate is worth about $4.5 in compare to yours $10

18. Brightcide

I'm not arguing that it's not complex, I'm giving you their likely reasoning behind the current prices, and telling you that I agree with those prices to the point that I will not be adding your suggestion to main post. Not to mention that 'kids' aren't the only people trying to purchase these items from the marketplace.

19. Slynx

Slynx Slynx Witch 61 EU

Maybe I don't understand, but how could you agree with those prices when items are always sold out? This breaks the basic rule of supply and demand. If everyone wants specific item it's price increase, because it's simply worth more. That is probably last comment, because I think problem is the difference between free market and fixed price market and there is not point in discussion on this subject.

I'm not talking that price range on items is bad - in game it works perfectly. I only want to increase the range, because items value varies much more as we see based on boss items/pearl items and other, like,chicken meat, which never will be sold, because price is too high (I would buy it for lower price).

Maitojuoma likes this.
  20. Brightcide

Because regardless of what price you set Pearl Shop items at, they will always be sold out unless you're wanting to increase the price into the billions. People don't buy these items because they're cheap, they buy them because they want the bonuses and cosmetics without having to pay real world money. All that increasing the prices would serve to do is take more Silver out of the hands of the players (as you already stated the increased Silver margins would all go to taxes), and the game is already full of Silver sinks.

Ludakriss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.