1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Suggestion Submission Thread (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brightcide, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleria

@CM Yukimura

Can we get the Daily SP option added to the daily grind like KR has. Skill points are very valuable now that Rabam and JIN skills are out. Most players that grind to 61 now have only ~1200SP. Please request it from PA.

Attached Files:

2. ImDaTruth

Oh god yes please, I need this.

3. Qsw

Qsw

Buff Ranger

4. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Just to touch on the underwater gathering suggestion, perhaps something like underwater farms could be really good. Underwater gathering is unbelievably boring, annoying and takes way too long. You have to take your boat all the way out there.. deal with diving down all the time, waiting for timers... I don't even want to mention the swimming controls...
    .. then you fill your inventory really quickly and when you get back the materials get used up so quickly. I spend 1-2 hours gathering to end up making 10 meals out of it. The materials you get from underwater gathering are never on the market place and margoria seafood is currently given out through attendance and events stuff to keep up with the demand for it. It needs a buff or something. It's a part of the game which could be much better if it had a bit more work done to it.

Underwater farms could be added that allows you to place coral seeds and could have a chance of dropping things like shellfish, oysters and lobsters when you prune and harvest them. They would cost cp just like other farms and could be a good addition to the farming profession. Maybe even underwater farms can only be unlocked at professional farming or higher to give more meaning to leveling leveling up your farming. It would definitely help with the lack of underwater materials on the market place.

QueryEverything and Brightcide like this.
  5. Hypotermia

Ill just comment couple of things about this thread:

Lags / Desync / FPS / Game optimization

These are far most important things to do. Nothing comes even close to in terms of importance and well im not gonna throw tantrum over it but we've heard a lot of times that "we know about this and working on solution". I've been playing BDO bit over year and all the sieges that got a lot of guilds participating has been well bad expierence due lags and desyncs and low fps. (My pc is quite powerfull so i wont be blaming my pc for low fps)

Transperancy

Almost irrelevant issue atleast for me. Im reading invenglobale and after reading it for year i can easily determine whats on next weeks patch and what isnt. Class changes are usually right next week while new stuff like new zone or class will take longer. And this information is available for every player if they bother to read up. Doesnt really matter if the patch notes are up during the maintenance or few hours after. And its not always necessary Kakaos fault if we dont get all the stuff when we want and information about when we get them. We will eventually get stuff.

Atleast this is how i feel.

More Channels

Some might feel that there isnt enough channels but fact is that we dont need them till game grows more. More channels they implament to game then less active the world becomes and it feels empty. So till all channels are high populated for months there is no reason to add any more of them

Purchasing pearls

If pearls is sold by pearl shop for silver then this is fine but if pearls are sold by other players then no thanks. I also was thinking that it would be cool if we had way to obtain pearl shop items for silver but being really expensive will still make a lot of players to do the shortcut.

Botters

Not single bot is capable of making same or more silver than active player unless they use hacks but hacks are completely diffrent thing. Also to point out im not happy about fish bots getting banned (lol someone might call me fishbot but im not) i remember the days when i was buying relics for 750-800k but nowdays paying 1.2-1.5m is so freakin much -.-

Aggro Limit

If player is geared enough there is no reason to pull more mobs. For example myself. If i go to nagas ill end up one shotting each pack with any of my skills so why does this achieve for me? Nothing. Really low priority if it will never be changed. A lot of packs are even so far away that its not worth of trying to pull several packs at same time because it makes grinding slower.

Karma System

For me this is most likely second most important thing in whole game. Xp loss on PvP deaths was removed because of extensive player hunting and "griefing" then about now tons of stronger players who follow the "gentlemans" rule get griefed by weaker players because they cant take the spot or defend their spot.

Also another thing whats happening is this. Some guilds or players try to find stronger player to beat player who is on negative karma just because the penalty IS WAY TOO HIGH. For example in my case what happened once. One certain player spotted me grinding my karma back so he called few members from his guild and came to gang me up and killed me.

Also this was supposedly PvP game? Why im not allowed to do PvP then without being penalized? This is nothing more than lifeskill simulator with illusion of having open world pvp.

My own suggestion is this: Against players there should not be any penalty in terms of XP or crystal loss if player dies on nega karma but instead each zone should've jails. Once player is on nega karma and gets sent to jail its up to them how fast they get out of it. Jail system is far superior to current system.

Forced cheapest item

I agree

Tansie likes this.
  6. 2monthslatenonamesleft

A log and a rough stone node would be nice.

Brightcide likes this.
  7. Brightcide

Updated OP, check it out. This should streamline the suggestion process by a lot. I'll update the formatting on new submissions on the spreadsheet weekly, so don't worry if it looks a little wonky at first.

Have a great weekend everyone.

#247 Brightcide, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  8. Shirolicious

Please raise the skillpoint cap? Why is there one to begin with?
    I want to try out the various absolute skills but to get all of them I need like 2400 points. I am at 1784 atm.. but it goes soo slow.

9. BloodyPleasure

BloodyPleasure Sorceress 62 EU

QoL: add "Plant all" / "Collect all" function for farming to instantly place and collect maximum number of seeds possible

R.Prescott likes this.
  10. Strokker

Why not making it so people can vote on which suggestion they'd like to see implemented?

RoxiAmbrosia and Tansie like this.
  11. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

@helbjorneBDO must admit I'm not a huge fan of the new form. I know you don't have time to keep doing the thread but this spreadsheet is no where near as well formatted and im worried that it will get looked at as much as before by kakao.

Plus since anyone can add suggestions you're going to need to moderate it often. Perhaps just copy + pasting stuff from the spreadsheet into this thread (with better formatting like before) would be better for you.

I dunno if it's possible but a way to vote yes/no for an idea could be really good too.

Also a separate place to put links might be needed. You need to add the link for the karma rework thread for example.

BloodyPleasure likes this.
  12. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Not sure about this one. Perhaps a way to combine your seeds into bundles though would be cool. So you can combine 5 seeds for example and it will turn it into 1 seed bundle that takes up 5 slots or something and would give you the same amount of harvest yield as 5 seeds would. It wouldn't take as much time to harvest them but you wouldn't get as many seeds to prune so less chance of getting shards etc.

13. Brightcide

I needed a system that was relatively hands-free and required minimal effort to maintain. The old OP had 10,000 words in it and desperately needed to be reformatted as updating it was an absolute PITA. This form allows everyone to submit their ideas equally, and although I might have to moderate every so often, I'd rather do that than put in the work of a part time job I'm not getting paid for.

As for a rating system, I would love one, but unfortunately that is not something supported by Excel at the moment. I considered adding a section to the form that allowed for a Strawpoll link so people could click on and vote for each item, but like I said, it would be through Strawpoll, and people would have to submit a new poll for each new submission. If that's something everyone wants, I can still add it, but realistically we need Kakao Games to set up a page similar to Discord's feedback page where people can submit and vote on suggestions presented by the community, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Also, I added the Karma thread link. It was added previously but I had removed it earlier trying to make it actually link, but unfortunately it won't link if there's any other text in the cell. If someone with more experience than I knows how to make that happen I can correct it.

Tansie likes this.
  14. Strokker

@Tansie Your advice of valk suggestion is actually really good. It would also give a second life to cronstones. Buy a failstack, cronstone until it passes, repeat. This needs to be added to the game!

RoxiAmbrosia and Tansie like this.
  15. BloodyPleasure

So your concern is the pruning, then just add a "plant all" function .. it's hella annoying to place them one by one on 10 fields of 10

16. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

No I'm saying that that would be a good trade off. I'm not sure about a button to just plant all/harvest all. It just doesn't seem right. I'd rather see a way to combine the seeds so we don't have to plant/harvest as many but you still have to physically do it.

17. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yeah I wish cron stones were more viable as well. They just cost too much or you just need too many of them. I'd happily buy fails tacks though instead of having to go through that. If they cost something like 1 mil per +1 it could be alright. So like a 20 failstack would cost 20 mil. That should cover costs of black stones and stuff with a bit extra since its skipping the gambling. But then a 50 stack is probe worth more than 50 mil xD but I guess you could pre order them too maybe.

Advice of valks really need to be added for 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100 failstacks though. Right now if you go over 50 stacks your character is stuck until you succeed an enhance on them. And players sometimes end up running out of characters and having to waste a big failstack to free up room for that character to failstack again.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  18. BloodyPleasure

You need to go there with your character and activate the placing. Currently it's the same system as in housing, which is terrible and annoying af. A button to place 10 instead of manually placing one after one would be preferable I think- not even sure why you're against this QoL feature

19. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Well I do farming and yeah its annoying and time consuming but I don't just want a button to do all the work for me. Pretty sure that could be abused as well. Like I said I'd rather have some sort of system added to combine the seeds into a seed bundle you can plant so its a bit more realistic than just pressing a button

20. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yeah maybe at least an option to add a strawpoll would be a good idea. There must be a way to do it with Google sheets O.o I will have a look into it lol xD

I really wish kakao would make a suggestions site like discords. It's just done really well with the votes so easy to see and organised into hot/new.. They also mark suggestions that are acknowledged/being implemented/declined... I've mentioned it before. Discords feedback page is done really well.. I dunno if kakao will ever do it though. They don't even have a proper staff tracker. It would help them a lot and be better for us too (hint hint @CM Yukimura)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.