1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Suggestion Submission Thread (Closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brightcide, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodyPleasure

BloodyPleasure Sorceress 62 EU

How about they just make no mistake this time around and prevent abuse? BDO isn't about being realistic, so I do not see a point in keeping this tedious system in place. Go for comfort. But either way I'm open for any improvement suggestions on this matter as well.

2. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Well like I said, combining 5 seeds to make a seed bundle you can plant would work and achieve what you want. It would have the same effect as planting 5 separately since you'd have just as many at the end. But it would be a lot faster to plant, prune and harvest them.. for that extra convenience you're sacrificing prune attempts (less shards) and you'd have to have bigger farms than the small fences. So if you want shards or to level farming then you'd benefit more from not being lazy. Seems fair to me and makes way more sense than to just add a 1 click button and change farming completely.

3. RoxiAmbrosia

@CM Yukimura

Please update the daily Kama quests so that we can also trade leaves in for Rainbow Fruit Gems and Conch, right now the only Courser item we can get is Hoof Roots. It should be a choice for all three.

4. RoxiAmbrosia

The solution to this is to play on the PVP server where you don't have to worry about Karma.

I don't disagree about jail though, jail should be all over the world.

Just because you're an "honorable" player, doesn't mean that your suggestion wouldn't open the game up to the griefers who wouldn't just love a no penalty reason to camp life skillers or fresh 50's and kill them.

EDIT: PVP isn't about PVP in this game, it's about who has the best gear and who gets the first hit. 100% gear 0% Skill

Tansie likes this.
  5. Noxie

Looks like you have lost a lot of PvP. 100% gear 0% skill? Lul start PvPing and figure it out.

6. Noxie

So I know a lot don't have tier 4 pets. I know people will call it p2w and so on. I know. But hear me out!
    For people who actually have them we know that they needs a buff. So please for those who don't. Just nevermind this. T4 pets costs so much money that it should be illigal to actually have this in a game. But ok they do have and some, me included bought t4s and it's not fair for us who have done this to actually get 0,2-0,4 sec faster pick up speed! It needs a better buff. Not to make us fuxkifu fly over f2play players but to actually feel like this was somewhat a decent investment. Remember this comment might get a lot of hate but remember those who buy pearls are those who holds up BDO, and let's the game progress! Free riders don't!

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  7. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

@helbjorneBDO Also, I think you might want to add priority ratings to each one and list them in order of priority. Some things need changing asap whilst others arent important right now in comparison. You're going to get a lot of suggestions that most won't really care about because the form is now open to everyone.

8. Brightcide

I'm limited in what I can do because Google Forms and Sheets don't support those features. A lot of what you're asking for requires the freedom of programming it yourself, and that's outside of my skillset (nor is it my responsibility as just another member of the community). @Andaro showed me the Discord suggestions page and I think something along those lines would be great, but that would be something that Kakao would have to do themselves.

I think there's a lot of issues that need to be addressed immediately, but they've gone unaddressed for so long that we'd be lying to ourselves if we think anything is going to improve. I think it's best that we just accept things for what they are, try to enjoy the game as-is, and hope the next comparable MMO isn't ran by people so ignorant of their own game and playerbase.

rpgmaniac, RoxiAmbrosia and Tansie like this.
  9. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

It should be possible. You can do filters and order certain fields with Google sheets. Just rate them out of 5 for priority and then filter them numerically so that the 5s are at the top and will be seen first. Could add conditional formatting to It as well. You can always share permission to it if you need help with anything.

As for the discord feedback site, yeah it's very impressive. Discord is a great company in general really. I've linked the discord feedback site to @CM Yukimura before (hint hint again).

Perhaps someone with a bit of php knowledge would be interested in helping me recreate this for bdo and if we can get enough people using it then Kakao can use it or take over. Honestly I wouldn't mind doing something/anything to help even if its as a volunteer. Even just a conversation with someone who has the power to make a change in this game... I would happily spend hours going through the suggestions people ask for. I dunno why we don't have volunteer community embassadors to speak for us (since CMs are obviously too busy or bad at their job).

There are lots of pretty important suggestions that have been made for a long time. Even stuff like the buff bar not being able to be moved for example. Anyone can work out what the community wants just from speaking to players and reading forums. Just listen to us lol.

Also I encourage you to try the game in black and white.. you'd be surprised how unplayable this game is for people with colour blind issues. (My friend brought this to my attention)... I think I'm going to go through every little part of the game and make a super long post with feedback, literally about everything. That will be my final attempt though I'm afraid.

10. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Hello people!

This is the list of suggestions shared with the developers from this thread:

• BD00025: While swimming, "Q" should make the player dive, and "Space" should raise them to the surface
    • BD00026: Base swim speed should be increased by 20%
    • BD00050: Add the Wharf Manger functions to the NPC Tatar at Valencia Lake
    • BD00051: Add more Life Skill buffs to guilds, with things such as cooking time reduction, alchemy time reduction, processing success rate, etc.
    • BD00052: Change cow milking to function as any other form of gathering and be able to be proc'd by Hedgehogs, and have a chance at dropping Hard and Sharp Black Crystal Shards.
    • BD00053: Sailing EXP should be granted regardless of what body of water a player is in, and regardless of whether or not a player is auto-pathing, and the EXP received should be vastly increased.
    • BD00054: The number of static fishing hotspots should be increased
    • BD00055: While playing the minigame fish should move faster, harpoons should do more damage, recovery time should be reduced, and loot table increased.
    • BD00069: Increase the number of quick-slots that can be assigned to 30. We are very starved for quick-slots now between abilities, potions, elixirs, alchemy stones, foods, utility items, and weapons/armor, and we desperately need more.

Special thanks to @Andaro and @helbjorne for doing this for the community.

This system will improve week by week and I want to assure you that the feedback reaches the developers every week, even though you don't see related changes, your collaboration is always extremely helpful. Some of them actually got implemented and considered for our client and I think it's already a very good sign. I am trying my best to share the developers' responses on our weekly feedback report whenever we receive them, but please remember that they have to deal with 10 different regions, and most of the times discussing all the beautiful ideas from thousands of users it takes much more than a week: imagine to discuss 100 ideas and consider what is feasible and healthy in the long term. Every small change can affect multiple aspects of the game and have plenties of side effects. So I personally understand how hard it is for the developers to give these 100 answers every week after have discussed and tested the "good" ones. I assume that this is just one of the reasons why most of the times we see the changes directly in the Patch notes, before actually receiving any response about it, many ideas in a very short time.

I really hope you will understand that it's more complicated than what it seems.

@Tansie - We will discuss internally today about the discord feedback method.

Thank you all again for your precious collaboration guys!

11. Shirolicious

Hello Yukimura,

Would it be possible to ask developers to look into more ways for players to get Hard and Sharp Black Crystal Shards?
    Suggestion BD00052 is definitely a step into the right direction but I don't think that alone is enough.

Look it from a perspective where people who absolutely loathe lifeskilling what ways they have to get these crystals?
    If marketplace became a reliable way for non-lifeskillers to go there to buy that would be fine. But right now it isn't.

A possible suggestion would be to make the hard/sharp's droprate during the current event be a permanent thing as the droprate seems well balanced between time spend and reward. If it became a more permanent thing then maybe the marketplace will open up a bit more and will also result in the bottleneck to be somewhat removed on enhancing. As I don't know about others but right now the hard bottleneck are sharps not memory fragments as you can just grind scrolls and do those. But that isn't the case for Hard/Sharps.

Another suggestion could be to add Hard/Sharp crystals to the 'Scroll Written in Ancient Language'

Hope a lot of other people also agree that this would be a good thing and not a bad thing?

Tansie likes this.
  12. RoxiAmbrosia

I could care less about the sharp / hards. Hedgehogs proc'ing milk harvest is literally everything. <3 <3 <3

Please god!

13. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

@CM Yukimura Thanks for the update I guess. I'll try to keep this short for you (no promises).
    • You really need to start announcing the feedback you are sending in a post on the news section. People would appreciate seeing your feedback reports and most people don't know this thread exists. Might get you a few brownie points if people see you what you're sending them.
    • Your priorities are still not right. You're sending feedback on things that aren't really SUPER important. Don't get me wrong, all these suggestions are good but there are far more important issues that deserve more attention in my opinion. Which is why I wanted @helbjorneBDO to rate the priority of them tbh.
    • I think we all understand that the devs are busy. But again the priorities are wrong. We don't need to hear their stance on things like sound on a notification. It should just be in the game already, I'm not sure what you even expected their answer to be with that. To be honest i don't really care about the answer they gave on global siege either. There are many more things i would have preferred to be addressed. We've not had any sort of feedback from devs on any of the suggestions you've been sending them each week. Which to me is very strange and it almost feels like we are being ignored yet again. Are we wasting our time and effort?
    • Please push the idea for changing the forums to be more like the discord feedback site. It would actually help you a lot as well with collecting feedback. I will put a link to It here as well to try and avoid confusion (https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land). Remember the best parts about it is that you can search/filter by category, order by new/hot/top ideas, upvote something easily, and see which suggestions have been acknowledged/in development/implemented/declined/invalid.
    • I feel like our suggestions are not being pushed enough. You need to stress certain feedback more to PA. Things like siege is very important to players and recently the changes they've made are making it worse. There are other suggestions as well, which have been requested for a long time and have been addressed and promised, but then forgotten about.

#273 Tansie, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Galatia likes this.
  14. RoxiAmbrosia

Getting nasty with @CM Yukimura isn't the answer, and Yuki can't make the Dev's do anything. Our wallets speak more volumes than trying to make the developers hear us over a forum.

While I completely share in your frustrations over the lack of communication between PA and EU/NA, because it's NOT like it is with KR, they have a much better relationship with the community, the venom in your post isn't necessary and is directed at the wrong person(s).

15. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Tbh I don't think I was being venomous lol. Yukimura is honestly my favourite CM (not even joking) and I really do appreciate his effort to update us and answer some of the questions we have as well. It's a lot more than I can say for any of the other CMs or even GMs. He's the only one I see active in this section of the forums and he seems to genuinely care.

My reply was maybe a bit for aggressive than i meant it to be but everyone is getting tired and frustrated. I was just trying to give my best advice tbh. I could have made my reply a lot longer and patted his back along the way but I wanted to keep it more to the point instead of wasting his time on pointless compliments. Honestly If you think that was me being rude then I don't advise looking through my other posts lmao

16. rpgmaniac

rpgmaniac Witch 60 EU

All I asked was more Quick Slot Hotkeys in order to be able to set all my non-awak/awak/absolute/rabam skills & consumables properly how hard can this be to do? is it really that hard to add 10 more hotkeys in the interface settings? does it require so much research or thinking from the devs side in order to approve something like that? that's seriously so disappointing & demotivating that I don't know what else to say...

Tansie likes this.
  17. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

@Tacettin @helbjorneBDO

This suggestion has been added and I can't disagree with it more.. I can't find the guy on the forums either.

Sigh. This is not a good suggestion and I don't want EXP loss added onto the current karma system. PK system is completely terrible and doesn't "protect" anyone at all either way. The suggestions given here would kill off the choice to PK even more than it already does. The karma system needs reworking to be more balanced... But not by adding more punishments to it when it's already too punishing and strict. If anything it needs to be more viable for negative players. It's MEANT to be an open world PVP game.. Get used to being killed every so often...

I mean... You do realize that you lose absolutely nothing from dying? I really don't understand why people don't just change channels or move somewhere else at that point. There are plenty of spots that don't get touched because everyone runs off to the best one, even if it's already contested... As for fishing, there are safe zones for fishing and they also made fishing safer by getting rid of the ability to kidnap you with a boat. Perhaps if there was a way to detect if someone is afk, and give a higher karma loss penalty, then it could help protect players and punish people who deliberately PK for literally no reason. The people who PK fishers should be punished, but contesting a spot is something you just have to get used to when you're playing an open world PVP game.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  18. Brightcide

We may not agree with or like that suggestion, but that person still deserves to have their voice heard; I can't delete people's suggestions just because I don't agree with them. This is where a voting system would come in handy, and as @CM Yukimura mentioned they may adapt a similar system in the future, but until then we'll have to trust the judgement and critical thinking skills of Kakao and Pearl Abyss.

#278 Brightcide, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  19. Brightcide

Alright, I'm impressed. A lot of good changes in the latest KR patch, and I noticed there were at least 3 things from the suggestions list that made it into the game. Regardless of whether or not it was our suggestions that sparked these changes, it's really good to see improvements.

20. RoxiAmbrosia

Why should I have to move from a spot just because some jerk showed up and I was already there first? Duel me! No, I don't want to, why should I? again, I was here first. Yet, I am the one who gets called an a$$hole "karmabomber" when I don't want to move and someone thinks I should just because they want it and their ego demands flex? No. PKers get exactly what they deserve imo. No one "made you" flag on someone who is not flagged. And if you don't want karma consequences go to the PVP server. That was a deliberate decision the PK'er made, frankly, I agree that the system isn't perfect, but short of having the ability to disable PVP if a player doesn't want to be PK'd, I'd like to see what effects an EXP loss might have on the toxic PK'er.

Another experiment that I would be curious to see? A server where PVP was disabled. I'd be willing to bet it would be the most popular server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.