1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion to Gms and CMs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JM, Aug 6, 2018.

?

Is everyone Satisfied with the Current levels of communication?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Please be more responsive.... I understand that many here (myself included) can be a bit much, but the constant silence in regards to the many questions we have is frustrating.

For example, the Tamer community has long felt neglected and more than just lackluster. Then came the PVP/CC/Protected States changes and we became even worse. For a long time the tamer community has vocalized these concerns only to never feel acknowledged.

Recently, @Von_Blaumark took the time to thoughtfully organize thoughts on the state of Tamer and many knowledgeable players have been giving thought out suggestions and critiques of the class' issues and where it could be improved. This was done by this individual with hopes that a more organized effort would create greater visibility and maybe get a response........ yet still silence.

At this point would a, "hey we hear you guys and we are passing along the info..." be so hard.... even a disingenuous response at this point would be better.

This suggestion is not just to respond to the Tamer thread..... its about better communication in general. Earlier this year we were promised better communication..... we have yet to see the fruits.

Von_Blaumark likes this.
  2. LightsOut

I've made multiple tickets to GM's about this and the reply I got just a few days back is that GM's don't oversee the forums anymore, except for a few sections. Here is a quote from a GM I got just a few days ago:

[​IMG]

3. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I just want them to respond to things in general and be transparent with communication. We were told they would increase communication but it has remained nill. They suggest we compile community suggestions so they can forward them to the developer... why can't they say when they do so? Its the terrible communication that is wearing me down with this game. Give us real responses to things... even when the response is "PA hasn't given us that info yet." The transparency of just saying they don't have the answer yet would go so far.

4. LightsOut

Unfortunately, I think its because they never forward anything and are just using BDO as cash cow. On their website the only job openings Kakao has are for community managers, which by the way never comment on anything, but rather just delete threads they don't like w/o notice.

5. Von_Blaumark

It's a very important point you bring up here and I can only agree on the need for better communication.
    And while I can only specualate on the amount of workload the staff of Kakao has to handle in regards to tweaking, fixing, changing the game if they are hard pressed to handle specific requests at a time communicating exactly that is still better for the player in question than silence.

The difficulty of getting in contact with any kind of official figure with even very important requests is sometimes staggering. Before I started the above mentioned thread I went so far as to slap a screenshot of my tamer character crying in the face of a CM. That at least got me an answer.

And in all fairness regarding what I quoted from your original post, JM, I did not yet contact CM_Yukimura to finalize the tamer rallying call topic. I take it that a topic like that needs some time to allow everybody to collect and condense their thoughts. I will do so very soon though.

6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

That's pretty much what it seems like. I tagged all the GMs cause only like two or three CMs come up from autocomplete and I've only ever recognized @cm_jouska , never seen the other two. I'm willing to continue to support the game but in order to do so I need better communication. Many of us have invested a lot of our time and in some cases money to this game. Without proper communication..... just saying "we don't know right now" could help me feel good about continuing to support with my time and money. But as it stands it feels like as an adult gamer maybe I should just go back to single player games where I know what I'm getting.

7. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Fair point, but why would it be so hard for one of them to jump on the thread with a quick, "we see you have all put a lot of thought into this. We are reviewing the info and passing it along." Even if it weren't true it would simple make people feel better with the illusion of actually being heard.

Since, the CMs don't do it. Thank you @Von_Blaumark for taking the time to make that thread. Best actually constructive thread we've had on Tamer forum in a long time.

Von_Blaumark likes this.