1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion to help encourage people to play together and group.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BDOMONSTER, Jun 9, 2018.

1. BDOMONSTER

Simple small thing, allow marni stones to fill on each kill your group makes instead of only for the person who makes the killing blow.. The way it is now it strongly discourages grouping if you are killing anything you could fill marni stones with.

2. ambyentlight

Sadly they won't do that because that mite encourage teaming up and teamwork in a anyone for themselves sandboxed pvp game.

3. Asterotis

Last time that happened, it was the GM Murder Spree event last Halloween, and people cried that they couldn't solo fight them.
    The community is already conditioned into soloing things, why implement something the playerbase most likely, won't use?

4. Asato

Because it would be nice to have the option?

Anyway, you're right people won't probably use them in group. As they wouldn't want to share XP or money.

But I remember that when I was doing the Marni stone quests for the general accessory, 2k mobs at Nagas, Fogans, Cadry, Bashim; I grouped with a Maehwa and we did them as we had the same quest and I've already changed chan so I didn't want to fight for the spot we just talked and grouped; after like 40min... we realized that they're counted individually. It was damn stupid and unnecessary.
    Maybe allow it just for this quest?

5. mahoukitty

Personally, I would definitely use this! I don't really find grinding fun at all, but in a group (esp. with voice chat or something) it's much nicer and not as tedious. This would add another incentive for me.

6. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Cant play with the all mighty BDOMONSTER

7. Kalade

How about fix boss mechanics and make them actually fun to do? Maybe have some sort of instanced spawns instead of doing stupid ass scroll summoning. Maybe even a boss rush kind of mode. To be honest, grinding with people rarely feels like "group content." In my mind, group content requires teamwork and communication, but if you're just mindlessly grinding with others, you might as well as just mindlessly grind by yourself.

8. 2Cents

All I see is immediate exploits to that system.

No thanks.

Life Aries likes this.
  9. Life Aries

Power-leveling services would like this I bet.

10. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

This and some more relevant xp/sp boost when playing in party that compensates for more ppl grinding at once in those tiny spots the game has with limited party range. Plus individual drops. Most likely that would reduce the a-hole potential/ stress and karmabombing by half.

About the abuse: People are obviously getting boosted already anyway, one way or the other. Yea it makes it easier for them, but its also a huge improvement for legit players. Don't turn it into a "This is why we can't have nice things" just because some dumbos have to exploit it. Following that logic we should remove fishing and marketplace from the game :p

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

All I see is a clown that cried rivers about the game not promoting group play and dismiss a good idea without provinding any usefull suggestion.

12. ManlyBeard

Oh yea, I forgot about that event where a gm got triggered so it had to bully players on an overbuffed character to feel better and call it content

13. Lilylotta

well said clown have a point tho..

Take it from a bigger picture, if party play suddenly becomes alot more viable with marnistones. so does powerleveling services and other things in that aspect. which basically means you dont really have to do anything, you dont have to gear up. you simply just need to stalk someone and get your 0.3-0.6% or so pr marnistone (depending level), while also getting heaps of exp from the killing part..

While i agree it oculd be neat, it also have a downside to it. like everything else.

14. Joungf

BDO is bases on solo gaming as root game design. Player have to deal with this. Motto of such Korean solo grinder games: Accept or play something else. Never ask for features / changes that support player teaming up / playing in groups together.

15. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Suggestion: Use the suggestion forum.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/suggestions.68/

16. ghoulz666

Grouping is pointless anyway. Mobs in Valencia and older regions have way too little health. I'd only group if it made them harder to kill.

17. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

The problem here is casuals and ppl who needed content faster than they were able to handle it. Valencia was released before awakenings, but made for awakenings. Due to this, PA had to "nerf" most mobs for EU/NA and make them easier to kill. Afaik this was never changed after awakenings was out, so you're left with "easier than intended" mobs and areas with the weapons intended for a none-nerfed zone.

18. PeelThat

nah i hope they never implent that into this at all, since then people will just push away the " solo grinders " as it happens right now in Gahaz for example at least what happens in EU right now, dont bother ask for duel for spot either since they will just ignore and continune. you just need to grab a party of 4 then you can push away that person every single time. SO no marni stone should always be invidual and not party