1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions and Improvements for Overall Content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nocturnas, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Nocturnas

Hey guys,

I just thought I would get this out to all of you who have played Black Desert Online or the Remastered Edition, recently I got heavily addicted to Black Desert Online, starting out creating a character, joining Olivia (And I know that you are aware that Olvia Servers aren't great) but I joined and spent a lot of time into playing BDO finally discovering at Level 40-50 you get forced into PvP and that began to sank in, because I was fine with the grinding and the level quests, but when I hit 40-50, I began to realise that for me to dedicate time into BDO I was going to be pushed into a lot of PvP situations, and I as a PvE player do not like that. For an MMORPG that is so beautiful and well done, there was a lot of awesome moments where I'd play fine, but when I started to dedicate time and hitting Level 40-50, I was forced into PvP or else I wouldn't be able to level further. This has really affected me as well as I'm sure a lot of other players, and I've watched a video on it, but that was back in 2018 and this is 2020 Black Desert Online, and even Remastered Edition is just the same. But also I noticed that a lot of players start to be toxic to other players, as well as when players ask questions, they are then never given an answer sometimes, which is also another reason why players quit the game, and may also quit because of endgame content, etc.

Now, I've come here not to argue or to blow my mind, as I am not that kind of person. I just don't like PvP being forced upon players who are trying to Ascend to their awakening which is at Level 56 may I say. Although, I may have gotten this wrong about the PvP being forced, as I did experience the Black Spirit told me that if I didn't do this one thing which was to be locked into PvP, I wouldn't level to Level 50 and now that got me wondering if it was saying "You are now locked into PvP and can't do PvE content peacefully because you are now PvP locked" or that at Level 50 you will get PvP locked, which is even worse, and that's why I am here, to give Suggestions and Improvements for the Overall Content and to help players stay and enjoy BDO.

Here are my Suggestions and Improvements for Black Desert Online:
    • When you hit Level 50, you'll be given the opportunity to switch from PvE to PvP when you want, just like you have been from Level 1 and onwards, but PvP at Level 50 will give you more experience, on non- 'New and Existing' player servers, and if you don't want to PvP you will keep the same experience boost.
    • Allowing players to stay in Olvia without being forced to go to another server.
    • Giving players glowing effects on their weapons and armour, when you enchant a weapon or armour.
    • Dungeons at Level 15 and Raids at Level 60.
    • Male and Female versions of Classes instead of locked genders only.
    • Wagon Carts improved as sometimes when you idle AFK, or even more around in-game, sometimes you'll bump into things and your Wagon Cart will jump and then return back to normal.
    • Auto loot options for players who need them, so that they can sort their loot later.
    • Better armour sets for questing and if dungeons, even better gear, or raids, even more, better gear than Dungeon loot and armour sets, or tier gear sets.
    • Prevent PvP in cities and quest locations or scenarios as well as boss scenario areas.
    • PvP Arena for those who want to PvP.
    As well as me saying this, but the tone of what I've said sounded like I hated PvP and personally I do not like PvP as I am a PvE player, but also I have no hate towards it, as there should be some form of PvP, it's essential, but if players are forced into it, when they do not want to, they should have the option for that and I don't mean like before, because from Level 1-40+ you could go quest and do things with an option to PvP or not, but by the time you hit 40+ you would get told by the Black Spirit to do PvP or else you can't get to your Ascension to awaken your class, which ruins the gameplay for me, but hopefully this hasn't caused any issues as I don't intend to argue or debate this, as I am not that kind of person, and I liked this game when I didn't know a lot about it, but when I just found out about the PvP in this game, I just couldn't believe it so I researched all about it, and now I hope they improve the system than just keeping this current system. And the thing is, shouldn't an MMORPG allow players to hit max level or let them level and allow them to decide when to PvP or PvE? Because I'm sure a lot of players prefer that than getting forced to do something.

Well, hopefully, something happens to change this game.
    Nocturnas

#1 Nocturnas, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Valruna

I understand your point. I don't like PvP either and hated being killed after I reached lvl 50. But other than on the ocean it is really not that bad. You only lose (some) trade items and respawn like a 100 feet away, and that's that. With the current karma system I think the forced PvP is okay. Still like your suggestions though.

What do you mean with "auto-loot"? Pets can already pick up loot for you and with 5 pets you hardly have to stop while grinding to pick up loot.

"Prevent PvP in cities"? I thought in safe zones you were actually safe from being killed or messed with (other than eg the "picking up afk fishers prank") by other players. Please tell me if I'm wrong (hopefully I'm not).

3. Nocturnas

That's if you really don't mind PvP whereas I am purely a PvE player and if you just want to fight mobs with players without PvP being enabled, then you can't really have that, because they will get hurt by you, and losing some trade items is not really good, considering you might have worked yourself to death for that one item and it gets taken by another player or completely disappears. But also what if they bring their friends and make the distance to kill you within the area and you are forever being hunted down by players? Nobody can teleport back to a city. As for auto-loot, and I'm sure you already know what an auto-loot is, but if you have a pet and you are new to the game, you won't get a transport pet- unless you pay on the shop, which is crazy, because you shouldn't need to pay to get pets just so you can auto-loot. That also reminds me, I've heard that some of the features are in-game shop exclusive, which is restricting as it is. I just hope they bring a better system for PvP.

4. DafuqYouLookinAt

Bruh, you just freshly started in the game and you're already immediately trying to push all this change?
    Your suggestion is naive, errr all over the way in some parts. I get you're trying to voice your opinion just as anyone else here, that is fine but you've also got to at least let the game sink in more, learn how it operates and learn the community here before just coming to the forum and saying "Okay, we need this, this and that! Or I'm going to quit." Otherwise it comes off whiny, rude or even needy.

Btw, it's lvl50 when you are given access to open world pvp not anything lower. You've got to accept the quest to even level through to it; given it provides you a notification that pvp will be available to this level.

#4 DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  5. Nocturnas

But did you even read my whole post? Do that before you go ahead and respond.

6. DafuqYouLookinAt

But did you even read into what I wrote back or just completely assume an incorrect intention?
    I did read what you wrote actually and from my understanding of what you typed you just recently got into the game and your forum join date is fresh, no?
    A lot of the features you mentioned actually already exist, some have already been addressed, and the rest are things that some people would like to see change in through suggestions. I don't think you should take what I said incorrectly as I did mention that it's fine to express yourself it's just naturally if you're new or returning from under a rock you should get accustomed to things first. That's all.
    :D

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Valruna

I don't really understand some things you're saying. Maybe it helps if I clarify some points:
    - "they will get hurt by you": Others will get hurt by you only if you have PvP enabled yourself (which you really should NOT, if you are purely PvE) or you are attacked and defend yourself.
    - You will only lose some (not all) "trade items". These are fish, trade items you can buy at trade managers and items you craft yourself at the various shops in towns (the latter two types of trade items will make you carry a backpack and slow you down considerably). You will NOT lose anything else, in particular not any loot or crystals.
    - "forever being hunted down ...": I have a character which is almost lvl 60 now and a couple of other characters over lvl 50 and in total (!) I got PvPed two or three times. At least for Balenos, Calpheon and Mediah, PvP is really not such a problem as you make it sound. Maybe some grinding parties will kill you when you enter their spot, maybe some jackass thinks it's funny to stab you from behind while you are busy engaging mobs - it sucks, sure, but one click and bam you're back only a short distance away. And when you're grinding you should not have any trade items with you anyway. Fishing on the ocean, of course, is another pair of shoes. When you're killed with a full inventory you'll lose quite some silver.
    - "nobody can teleport back to a city": You can in fact hit the "escape" button (at the top in the menu). Will instantly bring you back to the nearest safe zone without any costs.
    - Some features are available only for real cash in the Pearl Shop, that's true. But that's the way this game works and Pear Abyss finances themselves to keep the game running and maintaining it. This won't change, so you'll either have to accept this or invest some real money yourself.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers