1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions to balance grabs

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BDO_Nictofilia, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Bulwark

Bulwark SwordGoClang Warrior 62 NA

If i hate grabs so much just run resistances... i used to run it on warrior and no one could ever grab me.

2. BDO_Nictofilia

I've always had as much resistance as I can, right now I have like 40% against grab and that's on my main char. Considering other's people most gems on gear they will ignore 20% of all resistances so it's actually 20% grab resist. Im not saying resistances dont work from time to time or I that you cant evade grabs with certain skills. It's about how grab affects PvP and the way you must fight against classes that have grab if you dont wanna get one-combo'ed by them.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u can run them and still get grabbed consistently by warriors and zerks in particular.

4. Chawski

As a zerk I would be fine with a nerf to grabs if nobody has continuous SA and I Frame’s. Make everyone as unprotected as me so I don’t have to use them all of the time. I know I am committing suicide every time I grab in group pvp. I do it because I am willing to sac myself to protect my teammates from gauntlets, witchards, tamers, ninjas, and sorcs.

5. BboydD

Striker-zerker-warrior have a passive skill who ignore grab resistance +30%, with gems + 20% to be efficient you need 110% grab resistance (110-50=60%cap)

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  6. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I dare you to go and prove to me that striker's Hell break has 30% ignore. That tooltip hasn't been true ever since i started the game back in late 2017.

Get a friend with 30% grab resist and go to BA, do a few dozen grabs and tell me how many of those failed. If the number is higher than 0... well I guess even you can put that together.

I routinely run that simple test and both MS and HB fail 20-30% of the time on a target with 30% grab resist.
    Hell I even tested if HB buffs your MS chance with the 1.5s buff and even that is not true.
    I see people religiously repeat that Striker has resist ignore on Hell Break, while every single test I have done proves otherwise.

7. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Battle Arena, lmao
    Dsync arena you mean.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

It's not the arena. It's your PC and ISP.

9. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

How exactly is this comment relevant?
    Location has nothing to do with it. Tests are conducted on a stationary target so not sure what desync has to do with it. You arent grabbing someone actively iframing, zipping around when you run a landrate test.

10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

In any case all ignore grab resists passives should be removed. Also, all grabs should only bound. Range on grabs should be equalized with lesser hitboxes. Lahn could keep a bit longer range but less than now. Grabs should lose protections and maybe zerker should keep only one grab protected. And not the one that makes it easier to combo but the one that is more for group utility.

11. TheYoda

Are you daft? Welcome to Internet connection and networking. Ping and latency ALWAYS will be a factor wither the target is stationary or not. BA has always been on a dominate track record of suffering from constant packet loss due to incompetent servers on a regular basis. Don't be ignorant on that fact that there are East coast players who play this game too. Just because you pay 120 for some internet, doesn't mean some kids do the same, neither do that means all the ISP provide the same Bandwidth and consistent communication with PA's servers.

12. TheYoda

To this day, I STILL believe the BERSERKER class should've been the ONLY Class with more than 1 grab. Better yet, The Grab classes should've STOPPED at Berserker. Balancing should came after all the classes gotten their awakenings and thoroughly evaluated. THEN implement the newer classes to be subjected to the same balancing as all the other classes did.

But its obvious, they don't give a fck about balancing.

Amazin..

13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Make all grabs unprotected like Ranger and the deed is done. Balanced grabs across the game!

But we know Koreans are not selling balance or competitive PvP. The Korean are selling unfair advantages and landside easy mode wins and victories. So I dare not hold my breath on this.

14. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I think you are the daft one here. I play on EU, as it is very obvious in my forum avatar. I have had about 0 issues in BA unless I am engaged in active fights with ton of mobility and iframing. Never has anyone desynced from my attacks when just standing around testing.
    I am very aware of how desync affects the game which is why i run tests in controlled environment and conditions.
    Yes I know NA infrastructure and server location suck major ass, but I am not subject to it fortunately.

But i digress, you just seem to be intent on antagonizing for whatever reason.

15. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

Also make all grabs bound instead of Kd like kuno/ninja suicide fall

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Ranger grab isn't my definition of a balanced grab. KD grabs in general are wayyy too strong in the game atm. (Isn't ranger one of the classes that can do the perma KD thing?) Not to mention ranger grab flows really well from other protections too. Balanced grab would be Ninja/ Wizard grabs are prolly my definition of balance.