1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions to change OwPvP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Drielith, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Drielith

I thought I'd open a topic parallel to the "Is this the advent of the no pvp servers?" thread as it seems appropriate by now. Post your suggestions to OwPvP changes here.

The suggestion I'm in favor of is something along with the bounty system @AZzalor suggested (I think it's been up before?):

To add my own flavor to that suggestion I think we could improve the idea further my implementing a honor system alongside the karma system, where you accumulate honor over time.
    - You can spend honor in the honor shop.
    - Players can kill you for honor and you're given a free resurrect after 1 minute upon first death. Unlike ArcheAge's honor system the PK'ed here don't lose honor if they're not a bandit.
    - Non-pvp/non-bandits won't be worth any points for the next hour.
    - The more non-pvp players a bandit kills, the higher the bounty gets and the more they will lose upon dying to bounty hunters.
    - A player can retaliate if they get flagged and kill the other player and they'll get the same amount of honor the bandit/flagging player would otherwise have gotten. In this case the bandit lose that amount of honor.
    - Bandits can lose their bounty the same way as with the karma system.

That's my five cents.

AZzalor likes this.
  2. zhagsten

Why insist so much though? Doesn't that sentence sound wrong right from the start?

3. Drielith

You're taking the sentence out of context. After that I wrote, the higher the bounty gets and the more they will lose upon dying to bounty hunters, meaning that if you decide to go full on PK then you'll get punished harsher and harsher (potentially) as you accumulate more infamy like with the karma system.

4. zhagsten

You are missing the point. You are so far in your premade system, accepted vision from what you're used to, that you are missing the fundamental problem. A non-pvp player involved in pvp? WTH is that? Where are you going?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Drielith

It's a suggestion thread on how to change/improve the current OwPvP system we're currently having to try and make it more enjoyable to both parties. If you don't feel this suggestion is good, then feel free to make your own idea on how to do so. Also what's strange about me defending my own suggestion?

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. SSIJ

There is only one good solution: PvE and PvP channels. Period. End of story.
    Who want play PVE - he/she have PVE only channels.
    Who want play PVP - he/she have PVP channels.

7. gurghul

Awful terrible idea...
    In so many aspects , as example Archeage got 2 ( with pirate 3) factions . You get honor points ONLY for killing opposite faction, not any player ... and many many more .
    BDO is one of the most unbalance solo PvP mmorpg I played . And solo PvP content is simple not existing beacouse of that . Siege is ok , but to be fair kinda reapetive .

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Drielith

This is a suggestion thread for OwPvP changes. There's already a thread about PvE servers/channels (see OP).

I dunno, I could see it working with some tweaking, but hey. This thread is here for suggestions so I'm more than willing to let go of this idea if there's better ones out there ;-)

EDIT: Also, I didn't suggest replacing karma system with a bounty system. I suggested them to exist alongside each other, so on the karma side the game will still be as punishing as it currently is to "bandits"/offenders. It's just that with the bounty system bandits will get a small reward for first kill (and a bounty on their head) and players will be incised to hit back rather than just karma bombing.

#8 Drielith, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

There is only one good solution : PvPvE channels with reworked rules and grind spots. Period. End of story.
    Who want play PVE - he/she has PvPvE channels.
    Who want play PVP - he/she has PvPvE channels.

... See, in my post or yours, both claims are too closed to allow any interesting proposal. So make a suggestion for owpvp as the OP proposed or go to the other mentioned topic.

Mana_Mafia and Drielith like this.
  10. iarilo

I don't really see how this can be called a solution to anything whatsoever.

It's exactly the same as karma but worse and will force even the so-called 'pvp' players to move to pve channels on optimal rotation classes during their grinding hours. This will lead to certain spots always being taken by the best farmers since you cant even contest them.

11. SSIJ

I don't care "your grind" and "your spots".
    Game is for everyone, mobs are for everyone.
    In typical mmo, after 3 PK you are sent to prison for a few hours.
    So if you killed me, I will return again, again, again, and again for more deaths just to changing you to red and then kill you.
    Then "you" crying on forum something about "karma bombing".

So why PvE and PvP channels its a bad solutions? There is hundreds even thousands mobs on each zone. But no, "you" want them all. Sorry, it won't be like that. If "you" think you are that good go to Arsha.

Phoenixxx75 and Bizmarc89 like this.
  12. woots

then add a XX days / weeks / months lock once you are in a pve or pvp channel, ( but still allow to switch channel of the same type like currently )

If i'am not clear :
    - switch to pve channel from pvp => cant go back to pvp channel during 1 months ( random time just for the exemple ) same thing the other way
    - can switch from pvp to another pvp channel every 5min like currently ( or whatever the actual time limit dont remember anymore ) same for pve -> pve channel

You could even consider another cost to spend from pvp-er channel user willing to switch to pve ( silver cost, xp... loot malus.. etc )

grind spot setting never was well managed, because not enough mob density, too slow respawn, not interesting XP / SP income everywhere
    Grind spot for that at least should indeed be "reworked" / tweak somes value, which is something PA is at least able to do

( all grind spot should at least be like the Fogan, for the mobs density so respawn time, in that particular grind spot you have room for a lot of players tho )

#12 woots, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Does that mean BDO world is full of trash noobies who cant organize their own set of rotation without disturbing other people and creating unnecessaries chaos despite the game feeling empty AF?

That's what i read from your post.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

adding any punishing owpvp content in the game where 1v1 is unbalanced + gearcarried piece of crap would lead to gankfest trollfiesta.

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  15. SSIJ

Quote as proof for insulting. Thank you.

16. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Still the same answer... This game is based on PvPvE, so the answer is PvPvE. The idea to fight for a spot is based on this core system, players use pvp/PK, others use body throwing, but it is logical that the one who use pvp/PK to get a spot is taking risks, while the victim get basically no real penalty.

In the end, both are only using current tools, but it seems illogical to be able to clearly ignore the fact of being killed, so a rework of pvp/PK rules seems necessary.
    ... Add in this a rework of grind spots (so that higher GS do not have to stay in a low GS spot because this grind spot gives more money than high GS spot) and we may have a healthy pvp competition for spots.

Drielith likes this.
  17. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

What?

18. zhagsten

I find strange that you don't defend your own suggestion. You just abandoned, right there. You just put barriers around your suggestion and say "well huh, don't come here. If you want some, huh, just make your own". It confirms that you are stuck in your vision despite its flawed principles. You take for obvious things that aren't.

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

His suggestion. His rules. Please propose something that would improve the system or please go to the other topic. Thanks.

20. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

If you grind like this

Indeed you should feel targeted,i only had the guts to watch 3 min,its totally trash rotations with 00 respect for other grinders.
    Totally trash player