1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sycraia - Lost at sea?

Discussion in 'Server Chat and Guild Alliances' started by SyreneLillianaide, Oct 14, 2019.

1. SyreneLillianaide

[Sycraia] is NOT recruiting but will help you through the rough tides!

* Are you in Port Ratt without a boat and don't want to wait for NPC ship?
    * Are you in Margoria or anywhere in The Great Ocean and don't want to waste loyalties for rescue boat?
    * Are you lost at sea or your fishing boat is stuck on an island?

If yes, and you need help, whisper family name Syrene

Syrene does not accept any guild applications and does not do any other favours.

#1 SyreneLillianaide, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

So Syrene is willing to waste like 30-60 minutes + cost of a map to navigate in Margoria, instead of somebody spending free loyalties or use a map to escape that only cost like couple mil? What is the point? You bored? Just wondering..

3. Mkate

To be fair, if you're in morgoria a map only sendd you to Port Ratt. They are just being nice.

Lorienil likes this.
  4. SyreneLillianaide

Except my frigate gets from Velia to Ratt in far far less than 40 mins. Yes, call it boredom or whatever you like. Not many players are used to other players helping them for no reason, just because they can.
    What's the point? Why does it always have to be a point? Players get help, that's the point.

5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I'm not arguing I'm just wondering. Why you would waste so much free time which you could actually spend on progressing to respond to possibly 100s of troll requests.

Like:
    Random troll: Hey what channel are you on, I need halp!
    You: Hi, dear player I'm on blahblahX
    Random troll: Ohh noes can you come pick me up at Vell on blahblahY?

less than 40 mins later
    You: I'm here!
    "Character is no found in game"

But hey, have fun! And enjoy toxic BDO community. Because most of the players will just use map to teleport or escape to get back and the rest of the players will just troll you. I'm just trying to save time for you. Honestly thinking of doing what I just mentioned to you when I get home just for fun :D JK but 99% of players will, just fyi. Especially since you put it out here on forums.

6. Mkate

Idt you comprehend how a map works. If someone is stranded in morgoria that map is gonna take them to Ratt.. still leaving them stranded.

Looks like you're in of the toxic parts of BDO ragging on someone for trying to be nice.

7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Nope, just trying to save time for this nice person before he gets trolled over and over and becomes one of us ^_^

8. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I dont see a problem. I mean OP does want to get as much sailing EXP as he/she can but does probably lack a motivation to grind it out besides doing quests and hunting sea monsters all day. So he/she decides to help other people to give him/herself an excuse to sail arround.

:D

9. hightech

Great stuff!!!
    That is what we need.
    Interaction between players ...I like.

We can learn a lot from the Fallout 76 community.
    They do stuff without any benefit to it just for the purpose of fun.

And the first post here is directly aiming for the "me myself and I " mentality.
    No miracle why this forum is so toxic!!

10. SyreneLillianaide

I actually never get trolled because I have my ways to make sure it's a real thing before I sail anywhere. It's kind of you to try save my time though. I am absolutely fine.

Lorienil and Joungf like this.
  11. Corrus

Although it's a bit odd to offer this and write this post but I think it's a neat idea, happens every now and then that someone in server chat asks for a ride to/from Ratt to actual strangers or someone gets lost at sea, so why not helping if they like it?

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Is there really no way to get home from port Ratt? Like no npc boat or anything like that?

13. SyreneLillianaide

There is an NPC boat which takes you from Ratt to Lema and vice versa but, if you disconnect you will fall in the water or if you fall in the water by mistake, you can't go back on that ship, same if you die from sea monsters attacks. Then you use 300 loyalties for Distress Signal which takes you either to Lema or Ratt, depending on your location in The Ocean. Then back to NPC ship, etc. Also, it takes approx 1 hr to get to Lema on an NPC ship.

#13 SyreneLillianaide, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Dryed likes this.
  14. SyreneLillianaide

You would be surprised to see how many players genuinely need help and ask for it. Anyway you guys, I'm not here to prove a point of view or explain myself, I created this thread just for you to know that this kind of help is available always when I am online and when you need help. It's up to each and every one of you what you want to do, if you find yourself in a situation like that. The choice is yours.
    Have fun!!!

#14 SyreneLillianaide, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Lorienil likes this.
  15. Mkate

You left out where if you're not careful on the npc boat you can get killed by nines and Candies.

SyreneLillianaide likes this.
  16. SyreneLillianaide

Have I? ^_^

17. Mkate

Hahaha touché, I apparently missed it, I was super sleepy earlier. Hehe.

18. SyreneLillianaide

Update

Syrene goes to swim in the New Ocean until further notice. Rescue missions are ceasing from now on until further notice.