1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response System Requirements, Building New PC.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WhiteDemi, Jan 2, 2020.

1. WhiteDemi

I have a pretty old PC and decided its time to upgrade.
    I'd like to be able to play remastered 60+ FPS.

These are the new PC's specs :
    GPU: GTX 1660 ti
    RAM: 2x16 GB 3200 MHZ
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Really prefer not to waste money on this build if it isn't
    going to be able to play this game on remastered.

But I think anything is an upgrade from my current PC :
    GPU: GT 630
    CPU: i-5 4440
    RAM: 2x4 GB

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Strator

You should go for RTX 2060 instead of 1660 Ti, it's slightlty more expensive but 25-30% faster.
    Cut the memory to 2x8GB, nobody needs 32GB RAM yet.

Zvercina likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

Hey there o/

Don't forget your hard drive setup.
    Look for a motherboard that has at least 2 m.2 slots on it. Get one m.2 SSD for the OS, and one specifically for your games. A standard HDD for storage of regular files.

Although most systems won't benefit too much from 32Gb of memory, it is great to have as windows will be able to load more into the memory and rely less on paging out unneeded files. (Meaning, in BDOs case, faster overall responsiveness due to less reloading of assets in volatile memory)

Also, be sure to get a motherboard that supports the maximum frequency of your ram....as although the R536 supports 3200DDR4, not all mobos with that socket may support that frequency, so be sure to choose the right board.

Also, if you go with 32, and have no plans to go higher, get a quad channel kit instead of a dual channel, so 4 x 8, instead of 2 x 16.

Also, when installing your video card, be sure to install it on the PCIe slot that has the highest lane speed. You'll see notations on the motherboard....some motherboards come with multiple high speed slots, some only come with one, so be on the lookout for that too when choosing the right mobo.

Best of luck with your PC building and I hope it goes well for you. You might check out the community over at Linus Tech Tips, as they can offer you a wealth of information and advice for building a great machine.

4. ForceFPS

Can confirm 32gb of ram does not matter as much for bdo 16 is fine, for storage go with a ssd or nvme, that'll help your bdo experience

5. Krixil

Is it really worth it to build your own anymore? I compared with what I could build for a high end system with what I could buy from HP and Dell, and the ready made systems come out cheaper + no hassle.

6. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hey there peeps!

After checking the thread, I really can't come up with a better setup than the one @Andaro suggested ^_^

Remember that this is a massive game and it consumes a lot of resources