1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t8 courser how? got purewhite horse t8 but not courser!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by FamousAzzkicker, Jan 31, 2020.

1. FamousAzzkicker

so i have a purewhite t8 horse, it has 16 skills and is lvl 30 now.

speed is 152.4%
    accel is 153.1%
    turn 133.3%
    brake 130.7%

all stats without any gear or costumes on the horse.

it is missing "S: Sideways" and "Sprint" to become a t8 Courser!

Question1: can i make that level 30 horse with 16 skills somehow a T8 courser? (or is it too difficult)?

Question2: i saw a t8 courser (nonwhite, brown) for 892 million , is that a good price or not, let's assume my goal is t9 i know the t9 will be slower because the breed was "bad" is it major noticible tho?

Question3: does it matter what i breed my t8 pure white with to get a chance at a new t8 that possibly becomes a t8 courser? should i breed it with a t8 courser or non t8 courser (cheaper), and should it be also a pure white horse for it to become pure white 100%? or is it also rng then?

Question4: can i buy 2x t7 coursers and breed them for a t8 courser?

Question5: if i intend to get a pure white t8 horse from scratch, how do i go about it, is it just luck when breeding from t1-t8 ?

#1 FamousAzzkicker, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  2. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

cash shop or dont even bother making courser yourself

Fatihso likes this.
  3. magret

QFT

you dont pick the price it's calculated by the game according to the skills/gender/breed left a horse has.

and for all the other questions there is a sub forum about that topic:
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/horse-training.178/

and this is really usefull too to start faster before you understand all about the formulas...
    http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

good luck

also deserted horse races are likely to give you a T8 faster than breeding yourself. You need high level horses to breed high tiers, it's a bit long.

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Swipe your CC for those skill change coupons, thats how.

5. Sandpit_

I got my courser by using free and event skill change coupons. You also need to know how to do it, e.g. the fore chop method. And more importantly, how to get all skills when you awaken it.

6. FamousAzzkicker

i mean i have 7 skill change coupons, but i dont know if its enough for my case.

7. crosspath

Probably not enough, the scam is well known... Not rare to see people with 30+ fails.

TucoRamires and Oakley like this.
  8. Khondo

If you are going to use the skill coupons, you use them as you are levelling up the horse, not when it gets to 30.

Yulanda, Sandpit_ and magret like this.
  9. Khondo

Also, if you are going to go for a T9 after getting the courser, what horse you have does not matter. All skills are reset and the looks of T9 horses are all the same.

10. DafuqYouLookinAt

What? It's better to use skill coupons when the horse is already lvl30, that way you can see all available skills you have and what skills are still remaining. During the leveling process you may even get the skill you needed without using the coupon...

@FamousAzzkicker
    If you want to make a pure bred white or black the colors you match the horse with do matter in a sense but it's RNG after all. There are guides out there because each horse has a % of different colors in it's fur.

Ex. 30% White | 25% Black |5% Orange
    If you're going for a white pure bred, you'd want to work with this one since it has 30% white.
    There's color guides out there, I advise putting this thread with the Horse Training tab.

As far as the price, it's honestly up to you. 892mil isn't too bad as most coursers will naturally be incredibly expensive.
    You can find coursers much cheaper with less skills.
    As long as the horse has all skills needed to make it a courser it'll be fine. Every skill raises the value.

#10 DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    FamousAzzkicker likes this.
  11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Nobody can know, its RNG.

12. Khondo

I have seen people use 30 coupons at level 30 and still not have the skills. Level the horse to 18 and see what you have so far, At that point start using the forechop method. Maximum use 12 coupons. Still no 100% way to do it but more successful than waiting till level 30 and "hope" you only have 1 skill to get.

LucidKill likes this.
  13. DafuqYouLookinAt

That's because it isn't guaranteed.
    It's RNG regardless of how you do it but many horse trainers will tell you it's better to do it when it's already leveled and acquired all the skills that it can learn.

Edit: I guess people have different ways of using their coupons. In my experience of horse training I was told early on when starting to wait. I find the results to be better than to do it too early on before lvl30 simply because there's even more skills that could not roll in your favor.

14. Khondo

I am no horse trainer (only Artisan 9) but the only way I have successfully got the cousers I have (4 T9's so far) is via the levelling method.

15. magret

except not at all, you start using coupons when you have all the trash skills that have a bigger probability to be learned, so when you swap one you assure a good skill with a lower probability, then you level up till the trash skill comes back (also, better chance at learning something with the trash skill in the pool of learnables) and you swap it again for another better one.

doing it later only make you swap your trash skills for the other trash skill you swapped before. unless you **** gold and you can spam the look change coupon that has a chance to give a extra skill.

16. LucidKill

+1 level up method

17. Shinee

From the breeding I have get almost 100 T8's (since the T8 release) and I have train them all. But never, NEVER, I have training one of them to Courser (without pearls). It did't happened without pearls!!

18. magret

only it's a bit biased, as anyone going for courser, caring and keeping tracks and getting a horse with 10 skills+ early wouldnt take the risk not to use coupons for the rest of the levelling phase.
    Though none of my worst or average starting horses suddenly became smarter at later levels either.

19. Sandpit_

If you level up to 30 then your chance of a courser is pretty much zero, so you have to use skill changes. Success now depends completely on how many skills you have acquired. If you have 15+ then you may get to courser with a reasonable number of changes, if less than this then you have a potato, it's just not worth throwing all those changes at it. If you just level a horse, you have a very good change of creating a potato.

So, what matters is how many skills you get as you level, more than what those skills are.

When you level up there is a chance of a skill gain and that depends on what skills are left in the pool. If there are only rare skills (very likely the case) then your chance of getting a new skill is low. But if there are lots of common skills left in the pool then you have a good chance of learning a new skill. The level up method (aka fore chop method) relies on changing the commons skills like fore chop to put them back into the pool, thus increasing the chance of getting another skill (albeit Fore Chop) next level. Doing this you get far fewer potatos.

This is particularly important with Dream horses as they have a skill, Coursers Spirit, which is 100% skill gain chance. If that is in the pool then you WILL learn a skill. Hence you can guarantee dream horses learn every skill by swapping this out. Basically level the dream horse normally until the number of skills left to learn is equal to the number of levels left to get, then every time you get coursers spirit, swap it out. For T8s, Fore Chop isn't 100% but the principle is the same, put it back in the pool to increase the number of skills your horse learns as it levels up.

#19 Sandpit_, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Meduko likes this.
  20. Lord_Xenon

Was this before or after the change with mastery system?