1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T9 and skill leveling questions

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by tvremotechair, May 14, 2019.

1. tvremotechair

bought my coarser so havent done any real horse training and im working on awakening it.
    want to make sure i know what im doing before i start leveling.
    ive heard people say that the best way to get the skills u want is to skill swap forechop as your leveling but im not sure i get why.
    does doing it this way increase the chances of learning more total skills?
    is there still a good chance that you'll have to roll skills at 30 doing it this way?
    seems like a lot of extra money for not much difference if so.
    also ive heard on t9s coarser spirit or something is better to swap.
    is this the one that they start with? (and is that why its better?)

2. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

So if you've already bought a T8 courser there will be no need to do skill swaps at all, but I'm assuming you're asking if you decide to raise one on your own in the future.

The reason people swap out Fore Chop is it is one of the most common skills the horse will learn, so if you swap it off for another skill there is a high chance it will re-learn it the next time you level up thus giving you the chance to learn more skills overall. There is still a very high chance you will not get all required skills by 30 though using this method.

The reason you do the same with courser spirit on a dream horse is it is a 100% chance it will learn that skill again, however if you're lucky you will continually learn other skills before it re-learns courser spirit which means overall you will use less skill changes, You shouldn't be swapping out this skill until at least level 10 though.

3. tvremotechair

ok
    i ask because i want to make sure i maximize the skills my dream horse gets when its awakened. theres a lot on my coarser i wouldnt want to be without.
    also just to clarify, coarser spirit is relearned every level? hence waiting as long as possible to start swapping it?

4. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Owner of dream horse here:

Yes courser spirit is learned every level. Start rerolling when your horse isn't learning skills too often. Best thing to do is when you have 8 skills left, and 8 levels left, reroll courser spirit then and don't afk for 2 levels or you lose a skill.

Should look like this
    Lv 22: Courser Spirit Reroll > Insant Accel
    Lv 23: Learn Courser Spirit, Reroll > Sideways.
    Lv 24: Learn Courser Spirit, Reroll > Drift

You get the point.

No point in beefing up your t8 because dream horse starts at level 1 with only the guaranteed skills learned. Stats reset also.

5. Erisim

Erisim Witch NA

Courser's Spirit actually isn't 100%- learning chance is more like 95%. My pegasus actually didn't learn it 2 levels in a row (talk about unlucky!)
    But in the end, it's a much more reliable way than the forechop method and it's almost guaranteed that your T9 learns all skills.

People typically wait until level 10-15 to start swapping out Courser's Spirit since a lot of the easier-to-learn skills are out of the way by then and you're left with skills that have lower learning percentages. Plus, you save money by waiting to swap out Courser's Spirit.

Good luck! The journey to a T9 might be long, but you always have all the support from this forum and the horse discord! :)

6. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

That's correct, your horse will eventually learn courser's spirit again so it's best to wait as long as you can before changing it.

There's only 25 horse skills the T9 can learn, 3 of which you will have from level 1 which means there is 8 levels your horse can fail to learn a skill on. I personally only had to use 3 change coupons to get all 25 skills.

7. Shinee

If you use the "Courser's Spirit" method, it means change the Courser's Spirit to a other skill so fast you orse get it. Then I recommend: don't do the afk-training uncontrolled. I you afk-level up your T9 to level 15, you have missed to many chanse to change the "Courser's Spirit" to something else. You have only five chanse to miss the level up, five missed chanse to change Courser's Spirit to something else.
    I afk-train my Doom to level 10, after that all level up was controlled and I was there and change the Courser's Spirit when it was learned. I have good luck and get all 25 skills.

8. tvremotechair

ok got it. ty all :)