1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T9 awekening attempt Megathread

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Sidina, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Conflama

To be honest I'd probably agree with you. Getting a courser is the first in a series of long difficult and RNG-gated steps, which would make it seem like it should be the easiest part. But without real money, crazy luck, and/or latency on your side (*furious waving from Australia*) you have no guarantee of ever getting one.
    Collecting mats, might take you 100 years but they'll trickle in; attempts, you might hit 100 but one will eventually pop. It's a long slow drag but you progress minutely.

But, I think we can all agree the whole thing is tedious and hard and often as enjoyable as a lobotomy.

Good luck to you and to all still trying. <3 I'm currently trying to decide whether to throw my only ever natural courser on the T9 grill since I don't like my chances of getting another full-skilled T8 again anytime soon.

Caylea, Ventesa, Eneayo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pegacorn

This really comes back to the perspectives and personal experiences one has had with their awakening attempts.

This becomes especially true with how RNG rolls can lead to extreme results. But also to consider are your playstyle and the number of FS it took you to get your horse.

The question comes down to whether you are just putting whatever material you find, or whether you are trying to do a full conch stack for unicorn. Again this is just my perspective, but those factors certainly influences the degree in which one's vision of how easy it is to get this horse becomes.

My thought is that if you've gotten them within a short/quick amount of time, say in less than 30 attempts (and not pushing full unicorn/conchs), then the courser would end up being difficult. Also as someone mentioned, how conservative/liberal you are with your wallets becomes key(which I don't mind spending so long as the horse is promising and or has good stats.).... But if you are not prepared to spend some, and want a natural courser or want to spend as little as possible, then we all know that is ... a bit challenging to say the least. Not to say it has not been done, but it would be challenging. But again, it all comes back to time. How much time? In the end, leveling horses, gathering materials, sniping, etc.. it all takes time.

Finally how much you like breeding horses? :DI personally love breeding horses so the courser part was like being in a candy store for me.. haha.. I could literary do this all day, keep my income empire humming, and be very satisfied.

Let's not also forget playstyle in terms of how you allocate your active play time. My income generation are mostly passive, and my active time I spend are in support of the passive generation of resources to multiply or enable that income be it through processing/trading/crafting/gathering/etc. As such, I spend no time grinding, leveling, or any of that, instead doing what some would consider mundane tasks. But it is excellent when combined with horses, since as others have noted, horses are not for income, but for another purpose: Be it for a horse, or for fun, or anything else in between.

So in that case, for me given my setup, getting the courser is the easiest part. But as others noted, in their own cases, it might be that the courser is the hardest part - and they would not be wrong at all!

Despite having more than a few coursers, I have no intention of ever selling courser or even remotely close to-- types of horses on market. The only 8s I've sold are potatoes with around 12 or so useless skills, with no chance for a courser even if coupon babied.

Materials on the other hand, they are tedious and take quite a bit of time especially if you attempt to aim for a certain horse. However if your goal is to gather enough materials simply to do an awakening attempt, it's simply tedious and not difficult (the hoofs are easy enough to obtain from sniping/dailies, and the fodder requires time and patience). But if you want full conchs with hoofs? That can be difficult to sustain over 30+ tries. Of course, the real problem begins to happen if you start to fail 30, 40, 50, 60, or more attempts, as the cron stone costs will really begin to accumulate, and sniping for materials (conchs) can more than just a simple exercise in tediousness.

Regardless, good luck with your awakening attempts wherever you are in your process!

#2722 Pegacorn, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Tealsky, Eneayo, RoxiAmbrosia and 2 others like this.
  3. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Hiiiiii...

This announce more afk fishing and more demotivation for play this game...

Maybe it's time to create a system where with 30 or 40 FS, you have 100% chance to get your T9...
    Anyway, it will never be, sad game :(

(english is not my native language)

[​IMG]

4. Caylea

Caylea Lycatris DarkKnight 62 EU

Don't give up! You have a nice stack there and you already came so far!
    It will happen soon and it will be worth no matter how hard it was :)

5. Pegacorn

Attempt with +20.

2018-07-18_34276838.JPG

Another attempt soon.

6. Conflama

I did it. I'm doing it.

Going for a third T9 and got that juicy +1 stack now. I think I secretly enjoy disappointment or something.

7. Caylea

Hahaha same here xD T9 addicted? Doing attempt 67 and 68 soon xD ofc gl again!

#2727 Caylea, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Show ur FS pls

9. Caylea

That is not my failstack :) I got Unicorn at attempt 51 and have +15 on my next horse now! 66 attempts in total

Edit: This was my highest stack:
    upload_2018-7-20_21-11-32.png

This is what I have right now:
    upload_2018-7-20_21-12-52.png

#2729 Caylea, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  10. RoxiAmbrosia

@Pegacorn How is your 8E going?

I'm at 21 with 12 skills. ;( I am not trying to make him a courser, I just wanted the Instant Accel at this point. He's got drift and the S Instant already, fingers really crossed for regular instant accel. :(

Ascaeldor and Pegacorn like this.
  11. Pegacorn

Thank you for asking!

My 8E progress has been excessively slow given that it's only making that daily round trip or two per day to sandgrain. That said, his skills have been coming along pretty well with 13 at lvl 18. His speed stats is good, although accel has been disappointing. The brake and turn is nothing special, but it's still okay, considering how good the speed could potentially become. I am looking forward to him hitting159-160 when it's said and done.

Unlike my other horses, I have been manually training him especially due to the waterpark event. In that sense, things have been out of the ordinary with him (unlike other horses I've trained up) in that he hasn't really been wagon trained, nor has he been afk trained.
    I am quite certain that he will maintain these stats, continue to learn skills and be my first excellent 8E. Although I have to admit his lack of learning good skills is a bit concerning. Once I am sure that he is on his way to having decent stats in the next few levels, I will really begin to prepare him to be completely coupon babied.

The best part is that I have two T7B females (that I've been holding onto the last few months lol) ready to breed with him so that they can produce a total of 4 foals (with coupons) between them. <3

raph.jpg

#2731 Pegacorn, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  12. RoxiAmbrosia

*Jealousy Intensifies* I was really hoping mine would learn more skills, I am hoping it's not too late yet. :(

He has also not been AFK trained I've been manually running him and using the ice flower buff anywhere I go with him, but mostly the ride from the event to Heidel and back. The 8E I bought off the MP has 14 skills ( She learned one extra at 30 ) and I used a grand total of three coupons on her to get the S. Instant, but none of the skills are trained at all. There are still 9 levels to go, fingers, toes, arms crossed.

Edit: I did use the one 10 pearl coupon I got off the special to swap out forechop two levels ago hoping that they would learn it back and get 13-15 skills by the end. He learned Sprint right after the swap at 20, and no skill at 21.

:(

13. Pegacorn

No I don't think it's too late for your horse at all. If anything, your horse having learned all those special skills early on, you are ahead of the game. Keep it up, with the right intervention your horse could be a really good one! I have not seen his stats so I have no idea what he has but stat wise, but he sounds like a potential winner. Although knowing what you want to do and a bit of horsie luck for the last few levels will determine that. :D

My 8E has not really learned any worthwhile skills (Sideways, IA, S: IA, Sprint, especially) just yet, but it has learned a fairly high number of skills at this stage. I am hoping he can keep this rate up. I always thought having those skills was half of the battle (the other half being stats), since they can take considerable amounts of coupons even if you reset, or they can result in going the full coupon baby route with the appearance change coupon, which I would prefer to avoid.

If you really are inclined to, you can always forechop him the rest of the way. But if you are going to do that, you want to make sure his stats are looking solid, because skills can be reset (even after 30 with appearance change coupon if you are willing to really go that far), but stats cannot be reset - and the last thing I would want is an average stat horse with lots of coupons burned on him or her.

Edit:

Your horsie has significantly better stats than I do; given how it's acceleration and braking is so much stronger than mine. My horse has no balance in his stats, as his speed is top notch, but all his other stats are average or not good at all. I think your horse is in a very good spot, and if it were me, I would be thinking about whether to coupon baby him or not. I'd consider helping him hit courser especially if he gets close (or you want to turn him into T9s).

If I were to guess, your horse would probably end up at 155-157ish speed, with excellent brake and acceleration... and also good skills... depending on RNG, but very good nonetheless I would think.. He's going to turn out good! :D

Personally, I don't turn high stat/skilled horses into T9s, instead using my lower skilled/stat coursers for T9 attempts so they can be 'recycled' of sorts, but then those T9 attempts are something to keep in mind: Whether you want to keep your horse as a riding horse or turn him into T9 or not.

#2733 Pegacorn, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    RoxiAmbrosia and Ascaeldor like this.
  14. RoxiAmbrosia

@Pegacorn

Skills so far:

Hind Kick
    Drift
    Sprint
    Start Accel
    High Jump
    Quick Stop
    Quick Back
    Caution
    Quick Ride
    S. Hind Kick
    S. Fore Chop
    S. Instant Accel

Attached Files:

15. Namoo

Haven't come into this thread in awhile but I gave up on going for a T9 for about a month and just worked on making silver instead. Just got back into it a couple weeks ago, up to +11 stacks now. I'm not expecting anything until 15 or 20+ stacks, but it does hurt knowing I've passed all my friends in stacks already...

16. Caylea

Don‘t give up :) Just keep going and don‘t rush if it makes you feel sad. It will happen eventually

17. Namoo

I'm happy knowing each stack I get brings me closer to a T9 but I do wish I could be lucky like my friends were D:< if anything, I'm more motivated now than I ever was bc a T9 is the thing I want the most in this game and I feel like my progress is on halt anywhere else until I get it

18. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

19. Namoo

managed to snipe enough mats today for another attempt
    c7c2ac288393e2aedefcbd3cf3343449.png
    [​IMG]

20. RoxiAmbrosia

I don't really have a concept of the stats to be honest, I was sitting here feeling like he was turning into a potato. Your post made me feel a lot better. I spent the 10.00 and bought a couple of tickets for now. I swapped out hind kick so I have three coupons I'm sitting on. I don't have any intention of turning him into a courser, I just wanted him to be 13-15 skills and have Charge, drift, sprint, IA, and S.IA so I can dash all over the map and deal with griefers when I run into them.

We just hit level 22 and learned Charge! :D :D :D ( Still not IA :( )

So we're now at 13 skills and he didn't learn back hind kick or forechop so far.

Edit: Just leveled to 23 and he learned back Hind Kick! We're officially at 14 skills :D :D :D

#2740 RoxiAmbrosia, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Pegacorn, Caylea, Eneayo and 2 others like this.