1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T9 awekening attempt Megathread

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Sidina, Sep 27, 2017.

1. JustFiyen

It's not nothing.
    I realize that. Perhaps what I had said didn't come across the right way? Or I was too harsh?
    Absolutely some people gather the mats slower.

1/2 the fight is trying to get a damned courser!!! Throw money at it until it finally learns side step.

But I only got to my 17+stacks right now by doing EVERYTHING i could. Gathering on my own, farming 10 x 10, sitting at market once i did all the quests I could and my fingers BURNED from doing Narc scrolls. I've done over 700-800 of those stupid things. Because I can get items that are the same as stonetail fodder from it.

I got to level 61 just trying to do those scrolls to get horse items. (which btw from 60-61 those scrolls give you .1 % each...)

So i do realize it's a lot of work for some people. It's a lot of work for most people! The only people it's NOT a lot of work for is the people who can throw 1, 2, 3 bill out the window on pre ordering the items. The very top 1%.
    Before there were alot of origin stones on market I had to fight with horse training every night and dcing just to get them to level 15.

I would wake up and rush to the computer to make sure it was still running. Half the time the horses would be stopped and standing still cause it reloaded. Always only a few minutes after I left it there.
    I have not done any other progress on gear since t9 was introduced!

(and I don't wanna be a negative nancy but there isn't' a 100% chance ill get a pegasus. Could get a Unicorn! XD At which point I have to start all over! But That's not the point, haha!)

So i didn't mean to come off as harsh. But I've heard people with low stacks say FINALLY. Way to much...and it does get to me.

Is it alright to be happy!? Overjoyed! Flail on the ground with happiness? Yes! Totally! I will gratz the hell out of you for success!
    But people who one tap it, or with really low stacks also need to empathise with people stuck in horse purgatory for ages with no end in sight. Because there is no special number we can all attain and "earn" a t9. There's just Rng...and it's not a kind system that plays well to hope and persistence. It's just...random.

There is a very real chance someone could do this 100 times in a row, and never get it.
    Is it likely? That depends on if the failstacks really do anything.

SpiralEnergy and Miyumi like this.
  2. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

Yeah, I meant the 100% thing as in if you keep trying even if you get a unicorn :P But I am hoping you get the one you want first.

Maybe I just have too much blind faith on the system, but I am personally quite excited to get back into trying to awaken more coursers... To me no matter what, you get to collect all these mats and throw them in a bucket and hope a new amazing horse comes out... I'm at 5fs now on my next courser and every time I fail I just get more excited to see what I get :O It'll be even better when Doom is out

I probably wouldn't be as excited if Krogdolo Stones weren't so easy to get now on marketplace. Auto-Loop leveling horses is probably the worst thing out of this entire system to me

#1462 Ventesa, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Jagari

Jagari Rauk EU

Fail #4 yesterday.

4. Miyumi

I hear you. This whole awakening system seems cry worthy. Especially 'cause as has been said before non-breeders get it as easily as breeders. And we're partly to blame for that of course by selling our horses on the market. Indeed the top 1% could throw preorders on the market and wait, but to be honest with you I gave up on this a while ago. I spent money on it... hell even 100 mill for those cronstones. That could have gone into my shitty gear. Though I love these horses and really want one I decided to let it rest for now. I stopped checking this thread as not to motivate myself.

It's funny though, when I see a uni or pega in town I wonder, hm which 'famous' breeder belongs this one to? Yet when in nodewars I see a huge ass guild with both uni and pega I get jealous. They have the best gear already, best horse... where does that leave me? Imagine you do get that horse and your gear still sucks, you'd be happy for a time and then the horse becomes 'normal'. I'm at the point in this game where I wasted too much time on horses and too little on my gear. I remember the day I got my first T8's, I was overjoyed. Now... I have nothing, I breed them, sold/exchanged them and my gear and level is still ... 'low'.

I agree that (when you see people with over 40 dream stacks... or hell stacks) some people might need to take a step back and think for themselves: is it allright for me to say 'finally T9 at 10fs' when others are wasting over 2 billions for it and still don't have it. But on the other hand I also know this rng is bdo. f.e. I see people failing pen's at 300 fs and failing tri's at 45fs while I get tri's at 26 fs. Is it unfair, yes of course it is, especially when you're on the losing side.

I can understand why some people are angry, but rng is this game. And it can be a shitty mechanism. As you said it's likely someone will put 100 bil in the horse and never get one. Though statistically that would be highly unlikely... it is possible. I try to think of it this way: be lucky to be so unlucky... with this bad luck I could win the lottery but then in reverse :P

Really do pray that all of you will get your T9 a.s.a.p. delivered to you.

Please everyone... have some empathy for eachother, it's just a game and we're all having a hard time (in our own ways) getting what we want.

Tealsky and Nuonii like this.
  5. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Ok so I feel emotions are boiling up in this thread a bit. I feel for every single person and every single fail happening. I feel happy for every success happening!

So in this regards a very happy congrats to @Rinel and may your pony be a smart one.

I hate to see how this thread is turning a bit sour even though I do understand the reasoning behind it. I feel like people are feeling more and more uncomfortable posting here when they succeed.

Shall we make a separate t9 awakening success thread and keep this one for everything else around t9?

6. Conflama

This place just needs a sign on the front.

Hello! Successful awakening?
    • First attempt
      Please redirect yourself to a fire and die
    • Less than X attempts (X may be adjusted to taste)
      Please stop being happy
      NOTE: Entry may be negotiated subject to an acceptable amount of grovelling
    • Have not been breeding since the dawn of time
      Please go back in time and try again

Yes this is sarcasm. For real, be angry as you like -- I'm angry, because it's a patently unfair process and even at a "mere" 16 fails this has taken months and millions -- but people playing the game and riding the lottery train are no more to blame than you'd be if you happened to succeed on a half dozen tries.

I REALLY don't want to see the horse community go the same way as the rest of the BDO community.

I was thinking about this actually. Maybe a venting thread and a success thread might help.

Shaynae, LunarLight, Tealsky and 3 others like this.
  7. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

yeah I think this would be a good idea. People can go and look there and it should be a happy thread.
    While in this thread here people can come to seek some emotional support, be angry and vent or just discuss about anything related to t9 attempts.
    So no one would feel bad to post their success while the people who keep failing are not forced to look at the successes.

8. Angelys

Angelys DarkKnight 61 EU

I got a guildie who got it yesterday in 16 tries and he was convinced that it take an average on 10 tries to get a dream horse.
    Although i was happy for him and i am happy for everybody who gets a dream horse with low or high numbers of failstacks i still get sad every time i press that button and it fails...i know it's RNG and some people are lucky,some like me are not...
    I have never been lucky in real life or a game for that matter,everything i ever had it needed hard work to obtain...
    After being hit real hard (not literally speaking) by some real life things..i lost hope in everything .
    I would have hoped that at least in a game i can get something if in real life i can't but ah well it seems not.Just going to have to deal with it the best i can and keep trying despite the disappointment that brings with it every time i fail.

PandoraRose and Conflama like this.
  9. Angelys

Angelys DarkKnight 61 EU

Ty <3

Caylea likes this.
  10. RamblingRose

I was not going to comment here...because I have a T9 unicorn (am delighted to get that horse)...and this community has always prided itself on being mature and supportive of one another...whether it was the joy of getting a pure T7 white when we first got T7 pures or whatever.

But some of the posts sadden me. Rage if you want against the system to get a T9 but do not take away from someone else's joy in getting one because they did not put in the "work" that you did.

If you go way back to when we first started learning about how we would get the T9s, you can read my many previous posts and all have said how disappointing and unfair I thought this was. Before we even got the T9s. Long time breeders all knew this, what the chances were (about 1%), how our past breeding experiences would mean little to nothing. Last week I listed a level 25 potato T8 B with terrible stats who had ten skills, only courser being Drift. Half an hour later when I went to get the proceeds, the horse was still same level , ten skills but just missing S:sides for courser. God only knows how much money was spent on that. But pretty sure that by the time that horse reached 30 it would be T9 ready.

I know I write too much, but please be supportive and leave the bitterness out of this process. It is what it is. Stay classy. The system is horrible, don't let it make you horrible too.

11. Yinsu

I was tempted to write a reply once I read that post about "Finally getting it at 10th attempt" but thought: nah, keep your mouth shut.
    Imo the system is really flawed and I have the feeling that fs do nothing.
    Like other people here, I am using pretty much all my money to invest into awakening attempts. And everytime I see another succesful awakening at low fs there is this pang of jealousy in my chest and all the disappointment from my fails hits me right in the face. What riles me up the most is that being a dedicated horse breeder gives no advantage at all and that doesn't feel right. RNG just spits in your face.

I don't want to be salty, I really don't. But I can't help being frustrated after every single fail when I just gather up a bit of hope and try to motivate myself by thinking: This is it, this is the good one, and then get punched down hard. It simply becomes depressing to see your money being flushed down a black hole with no result.

2018-02-10_1339230965.JPG

Caylea, Tealsky, Conflama and 4 others like this.
  12. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

Dear horsebreeders. I feel for you because every fail is discouraging and seeing others succeed is even more discouraging ( no matter how many FS).
    I remember times, when I was resetting T2 mares Level 15, because it took aaaaages to level them that high. And one day I managed to breed a T6 male. In the first weeks I got whispers from people asking for that horse - they never saw it before - and I was proud af ^^ I also remember when somebody managed to breed the very first black T7 and the "hunt" for the lucky one started to get him/her into the forums. The excitement was awesome and I remember I wasn't prepared at all -.-
    Then they added T8 in our version and the hunt for T8E and T8C started. Hell, guys! This whole breeding-thingy was exciting and it was always awesome to share results and emotions with you. We were laughing with each other and we were supportive for all who had a hard time getting the horse they wanted. Our very own forumsection was always a place where you could share your emotions, results or simply talk to lovely and non-toxic people. We managed to ignore trolls so they disappeared pretty fast (a fact we can be really proud of).
    And then PA decides to implement T9. Almost everybody here was kinda prepared, even if it was only enough for 1 try. The T9 system only shows how bad the whole breeder system works. No matter how high you trainer level is, you always get the same results as a non-breeder. And this was a thing from beginning until today.
    I know, it is an "easy-talk" for me, because RNG decided to rescue my almost broken soul from this awakening game, but I still can feel the bitter taste of failing. @RamblingRose you mentioned that I would feel it was worth it. I'm waiting for this feeling since then. When I saw the message of the Pegi I was happy. Not because the horse became T9 but because the money burning mechanism was over. I left the Pegi at stonetail and continued questing with a guildmate at this evening.
    I sold all my horses, all my coursers, all my back-up gear and all my silver I had put asside to get better accessoires. Now I have the horse and yes it looks good and is fun to ride but...
    Guys please, I wanna read your posts as long as we play together. I would love to have this forumsection to share emotions, successes and failures with you because your support always was the best. It saddens me to see the depression, anger and desperation which I was feeling aswell and I'm afraid of losing awesome people from an awesome community.

@GM Salome ,@CM Kabz , @GM Mercy please, PLEASE let PA know, that we need a FS cap. If PA refuses to give breeders an "easier" way to obtain a T9 (and no, the stonetail daylies aren't helpfull enough), than maybe they could add a cap where the awakening will succeed. The system as it is now is toxic and destroys an awesome community!

13. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

Amen

LunarLight, Amarenda, Caylea and 5 others like this.
  14. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

This.

Amarenda, Tealsky, JustFiyen and 2 others like this.
  15. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I was so excited about t9 but I was totally unprepared. Now I haven't even gathered enough mats to do even 1 attempt and I don't even know if I ever will. I don't wanna feel that pang if anger and jealousy, I don't want to feel all that disappoint at every fail

So I will just sit at the side, slowly building my frigate while supporting others in there attempts.

16. Dipre

17. RamblingRose

"I know, it is an "easy-talk" for me, because RNG decided to rescue my almost broken soul from this awakening game, but I still can feel the bitter taste of failing. @RamblingRose you mentioned that I would feel it was worth it. I'm waiting for this feeling since then. When I saw the message of the Pegi I was happy. Not because the horse became T9 but because the money burning mechanism was over. I left the Pegi at stonetail and continued questing with a guildmate at this evening."

Awww Asceaeldor - that was me trying to be supportive! You seemed to be in such a bad way, was trying to encourage you. And if you don't feel it was worth it after finally getting the horse of your dreams, that says A LOT! *hugs!

LunarLight, Conflama, Angelys and 4 others like this.
  18. Rinel

Rinel Wizard 60 EU

Im sorry that I hurted someone's feelings, cause yeah, I know how it is to not get something what you work on hard. I really wanna delete this stupid game everytime I see someone gets TET with less than 90fs ( I got only 1 tet so far and I play since release, dont think that Im a lucky person please)
    I tried 9 times in November and then I lost any hope. But saturday night someone got T9 and I decided to yolo materials that I still had on stock and I didnt even use cron stones.
    So yeah, mb word finally wasnt really in a right place, but I wanted pegasus not less than any of you and my hapiness just blacked out my brain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And Im really sorry for all true breeders, who got 10+ fails and still didnt get a T9. It is very sad.
    @JustFiyen and all other ppl who think that Im a lucky outsider: I'd like to notice that I worked hard on this:
    I was lvling horses 24/7 and breeding them since May 2016 and I got alot of "useless" T8 horses, which didnt become a courser, even when I used coupons during lvling. And I'd like to notice that you dont get much money from horsetraining 24/7.
    I was farming tonnes of byproducts since March till November 2017. Got 22000 byproducts.
    I was doing daily quests in Kama, since we got Kama1 till December when I said myself "fk this t9!" (and I was doing it alone even before Kakao fixed dp/hp of manshaums)
    Lvling, farming, races, daily quests took ALOT of my time. I wasnt just sniping all these stuff from market like alot of other people do it.

@Nyrante Im in NW/Siege guilds since August 2016. Dunno about NA, but on EU you have to be in a really big and strong Siege guild (either in Enemy or in Sovereign atm) to get big and constant payouts. Payouts are not so big in other guilds as you may think and you still have to get villa buffs every NW/Siege, buy whale pots, spend tonnes of usual alchemy, etc. People usually get money from imperial trading or crafting crates or grinding alot and I didnt manage to breed horses and do crates/trade/grind at the same time =\

These T9 horses make ppl really toxic. Not only on forum btw. Does anyone remember how a CM once told us smth like "you are the best party of community cause you are not toxic" ? And look at horsecommunity now

19. Starrberry

Starrberry Tamer NA

This thread has become disheartening. It is not a competition. Time and money spent is subjective and no one should be judging others about how their fails are worth more just because someone used certain words. To them, if they spent 5 months trying then 'finally' could be justified. They feel relief, they had luck on their side. Just because someone else doesn't like it doesn't mean an attempt should be diminished.

I have been slowly gathering mats since the system started, I finally just got a courser a week or so ago......for anyone to judge me if I got one on my first attempt as anything less just because I got 'LUCKY' is poor sportsmanship. And for sure I wouldn't post it in here because I'd probably feel all the anger and flying daggers being thrown at me from afar.

Don't let that happen here.

Shaynae, Crystalyn, Rinel and 7 others like this.
  20. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

What's sad is the horse community was the nicest and most enjoyable group of ppl I've ever had the opportunity to play with. Now this t9 drama has changed so many. Became a hate on others Community. I want my old community back! I can understand ppl mad cause some non breeder who never worked from t1 horses up to having a t8 and putting loads of rl money into it to make it t9 worthy gets a t9 in a few tries and then bragging about it and shoving it in our faces. T9s should have been breedable. That was our passion. So many trainers have lost interest in breeding and horses all together. You don't hear much about "OHH I got a t8" anymore. I have enough to do prob 2 t9 tries and just haven't even gone for it. I am hoping sometime this year Doom may appear. The one I would really like.
    I know my horse Community is out there suffering. And it's caused me to loose alot of interest in the game. I have no fun anymore just playing. Trying to find my way back but nothing enjoyable has jumped out and said " hey try doing this. It's fun" Only thing keeping me happy in game is my amazing guild. Ppl who have become like family. And so far I've been extremely lucky none of them have become hateful due to t9s.

Rinel, Conflama, Caylea and 1 other person like this.