1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamer Change Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sly Cooper, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sly Cooper

Pearl Abyss and KaKao games probably wont notice this, but my suggestion was to change 2 abilities on tamer to allow her damage to be a little more consistent and make her a little tankier

1. Passive: Her passive is absolutely useless, I propose it gets changed to something like 10-15% damage reduction, Where she naturally takes xx% less damage from targets. All of Tamer's abilities are mostly Frontal guard with the odd Super armour here or there, But with Tamers current state; her Frontal guard gets burned out wayy too fast, If you get hit by 1-2 abilities your guard health is done. Once its done the rest of your abilities provide no protection at all, you get hit and your skills get canceled etc. By adding some raw damage reduction it might help alleviate some of that vulnerability so you don't feel like you're gonna die the second your guard runs out.

2: Howling: This ability is heavily Ping related, Most of us if not all of us probably don't use it unless its in a PVE situation because its just gonna miss. Or the damage somehow does not land entirely. For some odd reason the players on korea have deemed it to be related to NA/EU having a higher ping. What i suggest is have Howling be a Passive. Every 10 seconds or Every 5 seconds Heilang will Do an Aoe attack that does Base damage multiplied by whatever number, lets just say 3. instead of Needing to aim and pray that howling will land, If it becomes a passive that heilang will automatically cast every 5-10 seconds but dealing less damage, it will be much more consistent damage. What this also does is help remove the accidental Cancelling of howling. If tamer uses any ability that causes Heilang to teleport to Tamer and attack the target, If howling is going off it will be cancelled immediately and the damage becomes non existent.

Im not a balancing dev or work for the company in any way. but i personally think these 2 changes could help Tamer players feel like they're being useful in wars and help them scale better. At the present moment Tamers have a nickname as a Nuking class. They Jump in kill things and then die instantly, With the Damage reduction or maybe a change to improve her defensive capabilities, she'll have an opportunity to escape or at least survive an ambush

2. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Yes hello I'm 金正恩 from glorious korean game studio Pearl Abyss. I usually browse the english forums for suggestions cause we very much care about you western piggus. I like this idea and it's going to be implemented by the next patch.

(What I imagine the kind of answer people expect, actually believing those KR thieves care about any suggestions)

Sly Cooper likes this.
  3. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Tamer needs attention.... Period.

We have a garbage passive so I agree with you on your first point.

I think Heilang flows and attacks should work differently but I don't use howling for damage. I never even bothered with howling until they buffed it by making it a ranged cc. Until then I didn't waste sp on it. So I agree with Heilang attacks being more reliable... But I don't like your howling suggestion.

4. Sly Cooper

It was just to throw something out there. Howling could stay the same and change maybe some of her skills from FG to super armour. She just has wayy too many fg and not enough guard health

5. Netreiam

Why should tamer get a 10% DP scaling when not even "tank" classes have that? If anything, I'd look into getting her regular DP scaling reworked first, even then its not really even the fact that tamer needs better scaling in defenses as it is that ALL defenses need better scaling. As for the buff, what about a general agility one? like 5% move 5% 150 stamina and 30+ jump height (just for funsies)?

As for howling, I think I would be OK with the change, but I would miss the ability to command heilang to attack a specific area at a specific time and I feel like other people may as well and not be OK with the change.

6. Sly Cooper

I see where
    You're coming from. I could see people preferring the ability to choose where howling goes, and for the change in DP scaling as a whole. Ye that would help. Every class' damage ratio that they take is all different based on the class and the class you're being attack by. Maybe lowering the ratio Abit could help reduce the overall damage she takes. Or maybe increase her guard health. Like double or even triple it so it doesn't get burned out so fast. Or maybe even double the speed her guard regens?

7. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

also, stop making heilang poof in water k thnx