1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamer PvE: A Problem & Crystals in PvE

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Belle Atwell, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Belle Atwell

Issue I
    Roaring isn't viable as a guard in Succession.
    - you have a problem with this ability
    - to cast Roaring COMPLETELY the guard effect wears out before the ability is finished casting
    - this makes grinding Sycraia Abyssal or other places equal to you in gear nearly impossible
    Thus, Roaring on Succession needs to have its forward effect extended just a little bit longer or it isn't reliable to use in a Solo Combat situation against creatures equal to yourself or greater.

The other night three of us went to Sycraia Abyssal. Two Tamers and one Wizard. One Tamer was Awakening the other Succession. The Wizard was Awakened.

Both Tamers died fairly often:
    Shift + Directional key dodge is not reliable.
    Roaring's forward guard does not last until completion of the spell (or visibly does not appear to, due to the contract between animation / sprites and reality). Either way, the player cannot rely on this ability to be factual.

Issue II
    After both Tamers had died multiple times to the unreliable certainty of our abilities the Awakened Tamer left.
    - She lost 400,000,000 silver due to Crystals Breaking. Meanwhile, she received 31,000,000 for loot.

This made me realize that Crystals being destroyed in high end PvE areas have no relationship with the Drop Rate or "Fun" of being there. In other words, people won't do the content because you punish us too hard for attempting to play together. Again, the problem with Black Desert's PvE is that the reward and punishment system is fixed on Time Lost or Silver. Typically Time Lost and Silver Lost are the same thing, but when Time Lost and Silver Lost are the same thing this means that that person has suffered a loss TWICE when it comes to their ability to progress in the game. They didn't just lose 400,000,000 silver they lost 800,000,000 because they then have to get it back.

Sycraia Abyssal does not award 800,000,000 silver. Nothing does.

Therefore, PvE is unplayable as group content from this date forwards.

Further, this should never have happened.

Instead of players doing PvE losing their Crystals permanently from death this Crystal might convert to "inactive" and is deposited back into their inventory. That crystal is unable to be used for D number of days. This can happen 5/5 times before it actually breaks. - for example.

Otherwise, you are unfairly telling us, "Don't group with other people," and "We'll punish you severally for PvEing other than where we tell you to."
    - you're becoming too tyranical about your demands for how we choose to play the game while not affording us an abundance of areas to choose from that are related to our interests.
    - this all very unfair and unfun

Thanks

2. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 64 EU

Maybe don't go to the most dangerous spot with only 300 dp?

3. ForceFPS

[QUOTE="Belle Atwell, post: 2432925, member: 13316"
    Both Tamers died fairly often:
    After both Tamers had died multiple times to the unreliable certainty of our abilities the Awakened Tamer left
    This made me realize that Crystals being destroyed in high end PvE areas have no relationship with the Drop Rate or "Fun" of being there.
    Therefore, PvE is unplayable as group content from this date forwards.
    Otherwise, you are unfairly telling us, "Don't group with other people," and "We'll punish you severally for PvEing other than where we tell you to."
    [/QUOTE]
    TDLR : Me and my friend's are salty because we went somewhere we were undergeared for and ITS THE GAMES FAULT WE WENT AS A GROUP!!! D:< GAHH THIS EVEIL GAMEEEE!!! SO BAD!!!
    Boy, get some gear, learn your class, and then you won't die, simple as that.

4. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

5. Lord_Xenon

I'm the only one that don't understand the math behind the loss?! How can 400M become 800M suddenly?! I mean either you say you lost x crystal(s) with y price = z total loss or you simply say z silver lost.

What's the stats you guys went there? I mean wouldn't it be NATURAL to back off after the first death? I mean after the first few hits you already know if the spot is for you or not etc.?!

6. ghoulz666

Bashing is irrelevant to the point that some skills are designed as death traps and have no practical use for endgame.