1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamer succession on Global Lab

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Keldorn, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Thanks @Catastigma

[​IMG]

scale-2000-1000-6vOeR02H4w4pEK_2qMPA.jpg

Video of skills and pve here on twitch (by telmy)

some thoughts:
    - Allroundspinner is in but not 100% BSR anymore.
    - almost all skill get HP on hit or buff (mostly 10HP on hit)
    - Moonlight got bleed (50hp x3)
    - the only thing i miss from awakining kit is cloud and both iframes. I can live without the other skills.

new void lightning from reddit
    [​IMG]

#1 Keldorn, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Aiwen, Grehm, Factorial and 2 others like this.
  2. JustAWeeb

JustAWeeb JustAWeeb Tamer 61 EU

Thanks for sharing, still need to check it out myself~

3. NixZero

This would be the right time to release Ultimate Katan...

(edit) huh, no, tradition weapon would use the awakening slot so no ultimate katan in tradition mode if I get it...

4. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

ultimate katan mAP got nerfed from 60 to 25ap on kr this week and think awk ap will make succession skills do more dmg

5. Tottesan

No ones gonna react to that the absolute disconnected developers included skills like: Lightning of Earth and Throat burn? These skills are locked by 99% of the tamer players beacuse of reasons.

Also, loss of s-block, block, Cloud ride, leaves dropping & flow gust. So loss of protected movement and block in between movement. Hard pass for me.

We also lose intimidation.

Good for ppl who wants to only pvp on horse though.

#5 Tottesan, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Assilma and ALO like this.
  6. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Succession is clearly better in pve and awaking pvp. We only need a better way to switch betwen both modes.

7. zhagsten

At the same time, if you can switch too easily, it defeats the purpose of it entirely. Not that it was a good idea to begin with, but awakening mode is already the "switching" mode, technically.

8. Despins

Lightning of earth was used in shadow arena! I dont really play tamer in the real game, but I eventually mained her in Shadow Arena. All of this I find exciting.

9. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

dash dash, iframe iframe, get lucky to land a cc then do dmg.

succession offers a different playstyle, it's not mandatory.

10. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Quote from telmy twitch stream: "it's the pve buff I wanted"

Felyni likes this.
  11. ghoulz666

So where are skill add-on's at after all of this? Did they include those since awakening got em as well?

12. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Yes, 6 addons for succession.

13. Törni

If their purpose was to force you to make a definitive decision between the two systems, than they wouldn't sell the item to get rid of the burden of this decision in their cash shop.

Factorial likes this.
  14. ALO

ALO

Well, first impressions from streams are not good and is hard to understand the idea of choosing some of the skills ...

Pre-awak/awak combo was developed pretty well before the damn CC/protection changes, and it was fine-tuned/QoL-ed, it has good synergy between skills even too good becouse is hard to make 10,25,50% BSR skills. For sure when you "remove" awak skills with this new system you have to replace then with some of the "fillers" from pre-awak that most ppl have them locked or not learned at all, but why whiplash, Lighting of earth and Throat burn ...

Whiplash has just a 20% boost in numbers and just that ... no protection or hp regen or something ... atm, some ppl use it as a filler, but is not so worth it DPS wise, I get more dmg from bolt/jolt/trample combo and with succession and boosted bolt/jolt/trample you will get more DMG faster than this whiplash ... Watching Korean streamers it looked like succession whiplash had smaller AOE in front of the hero than absolute whiplash ... If i translate right bolt/jolt in succession will have air and down attack than for sure is not good for the whiplash ...

Lighting of earth - slow not doing dmg skill, that most ppl have it locked or not learned just got like a 25% boost in numbers on low hit count, 50% crit ... hmm 1 from the 2 hits may crit amazing ... HP regen like 34 hp more ... OK .. same useless skill

Throat burn - even worst than Lighting its just 35% boost in numbers no crit chance no hp regen again same useless skill ...

Instead of this 3 skills, I would pick Flash skill tree /flash, flash pole thrust, flash stance shift/. All of then need dmg boost they can make bigger the dash part of "flash"; flash pole thrust dmg boost and decrease m DP -20 not 15 like is now as a replace of garuda - 20 m DP. Not all use flash stance shift it can be the 3th or instead you can pick on from 3 above like lighting of earth, if we have to choose the best boost probably from the 3 of them.

Moonlight strike dash range is a good boost, i dont like key commands W+C, prefer something like W+Q but that is personal. Moonlight strike and jolt have the best changes for me.

Allround spinner - its not 100% so no big dmg, that skill has value as air, down attack and FG and not so impressive dmg outside 100%. Buffing bold and jolt with down attack kinda replace allround spinner as down attack skill, Upward claw is one of the skills in succession that replace All round spinner as air attack skill and is 100% not FG that is minus for sure, but I hope since it is main skill now they will fix flow water slice so it can work better after soaring kick.

I would replace Allround spinner as 2nd awak skill in succession with leaves dropping, it gives nothing if is not 100% is easy replaceable, but losing iframes from awaking is just too much for squishy tamer, with that big meta is an even bigger loss. "Flow gust" will be too good to be true if is added too but I think "Leaves dropping " with little distance boost and 2-sec cd will replace pretty equal the "leaves dropping" and "flow gust " "combo"

Succession passive 5 times 50 Hp and 1 ap total 250 HP 5 ap. Its good that they add some defense stat to squishy tamer, but i would replace that 5 ap with 5 dr and 5% evasion, total 250Hp 5 dr and 5% evasion. Tamer loose 20 DP buff from awak block and 6% evasion buff from flow cloud ride, so is pretty minimal replace for that loss.

There is a lot of questions, what we do with skill add-ons. Tamer in awak have pretty important skill add-ons like pvp dmg , pve dmg 25/30, 20% and 30% crit rate . This are pretty big losses and succession mby will be equal or better in PvE with this % boost or they will make it better if is not but for PvP at that state with changes that i wrote above i don't think so.

The bad thing is i don't think PA will make changes that players want, so it will be pretty much like is now probably with different % some other minor changes. Making new skill tree that will be played from 1 of 20 tamers, and that one is true PvE player is not worth and is a waste of time and resources. Tamer succession is making me to try AAU ...

Dashes are still here except iframe so the playstyle is the same just way less protected and probably better in DMg just in PvE so ...

15. Catastigma

16. Tottesan

People are happy cause pve buffs while pvp (that is end game for a lot of ppl) suffer.

Its not manditory, I know. But if i'm not satisfied and im sure loads agree outside of the forum. I will make my voice heard.

Throat burn could be dealing loads of damage, Lightning of Earth as well. Both are unprotected.
    What we also have in the kit is: Boltjolt and whiplash. Both deals more dmg and in a quicker succession compared too the skills mentioned above. We have enough of those skills already.
    What we are missing are quick cc's that gives us momentum that we can punish people with.
    We're missing that in this kit and our previous kit.
    Hence why I'm making my voice heard, through this forum.

Bolt jolt combo does more dmg in a shorter span of time. Both unprotected, at least with Bolt jolt you'll spend less time unprotected, but you do you.

17. GamePois0n

a huge wall of text just to explain succession is not what "players" want, just like with ranger, valkyrie, and warriors succession.

what "players" want is huge nukes with protected cc and a perma protected area buff. let's be real here, unless the class is the best of the best, it's just trash.

Factorial likes this.
  18. noctred

noctred NA

actually, many players would rather protected area be removed from the game entirely so the large scale meta turns into something less retarded. also, ranger received huge nukes in their succession and they're against it because more damage isn't what rangers need.

so...?

19. GamePois0n

cherry picking 4Head, ranger wanted more protection which I stated, also the dmg was welcome as well, everybody wants perma protected area buff, come on, nobody wants to die.

either way, the players won't be satisfied unless the buff is exactly what i previously stated

20. Factorial

This. Pretty much as usual. Which is ridiculous as usual.

Felyni likes this.