1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamer succession on Global Lab

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Keldorn, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ALO

ALO

What are you trying to say here if we have a class that is moderate in PvE, good in 1v1 and bad in mass PvP /outside 100% ult/ we cant make changes to it and that we have to make it PvE only?

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

why didnt u get awakening weapon? (quickly scanned for gear windown in 0:41:45)

it should affect succession damage also.

3. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

I'm one of the player who is around since beta. One thing i learned is that PA is not good on char balance. My biggest fear was that succession is just bad. Now is great at last in pve and this far exceeds my expectations. Yes it's not optimal but i take what i get ^^

I don't know. But later he has normal awaking AP on his char screen.

4. ALO

ALO

Yesterday I have watched 2 Korean streamers both have no clue what tamer is one was so impressed that if you ride the beast you can one-shot trial ap ranger for 3-4sek with succession roaring ... ranger on other side one-shot him with 1 succession skill for 1 sec ... If i have time i will check that link.

Well, have fun to all that play tamer just PvE, for others "try again later" , for me it's going in the direction to try another game got tired of waiting them to do what they promise.

5. WhySoSeeryus

maybe they really are following those class polls and what people thought was missing from their class.

warriors looked for more things in mass scale (i dont know if they got it in succession but seemed at least more protected(on paper) at first glance and they did buff it few times after release)

rangers kinda did want more damage/range i guess(?).

valks... dunno. :D

tamers did say their pve is lacking i believe.

if thats the case, i guess 1v1 spec coming for witchzards?

Fateneko likes this.
  6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

These are real alternatives, except for tamer

7. ALO

ALO

I hope tamers that wont play succession got some love even if it is just PvE

Dont tell me that is there is Wiz/witch succession and is like tamer, good in one direction a.k.a. for your case "1v1 wiz" you will play 1v1 wiz and say fk mass PvP, fk PvE i am "1v1 wiz" now ... i don't believe that.

8. WhySoSeeryus

maybe what we really should advocate for them to integrate armstrong skill guide in value pack. free of charge ofc.

9. NixZero

and exactly how would you increase the efficiency in pve without affecting pvp? if your aoe becomes bigger in pve they would become bigger in pvp too, if you get more cc in pve you would get more cc in pvp too and so on.

Fateneko likes this.
  10. ALO

ALO

Well, basically what they did to other classes ... changing PvE numbers PvP dmg stay the same if you are scared of tamer AOE ...:O
    PvE only CC exist in the game if you didn't check your skill description ever ...

Dude you have no clue what game you are playing ... join date 2016 XO where you have been all that time ...

Edit: So cute tamer in succession is killing mobs and enjoying that "huge" PvE boost, since we are playing MMO another player came to the spot: "Duel for the spot" he sais. Then what change channel or your response will be: "wait to pop up skill reset guide so I can get old skill and PvP you" ... sounds logical ...

#50 ALO, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  11. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Added "translation" for the new Heilang summon skill and new Video

#51 Keldorn, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  12. Wolfram4

I hoped so much they will add some mobility and backward block, but no :(

13. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Yeah, if they made WW into a full iframe or super armour it might be viable, but without some kind of protected movement beyond LBP, it will be essentially unplayable in PVP, so yeah... just no, unfortunately. :/

14. WhySoSeeryus

well, its at least something to actually have 1v1 spec that isnt underdog to all the other classes ingame. #witchzardlivesmatter

:D

15. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

We still have tree climb to counter grab. Succession is more like a witchard after all. So losing 1v1 capabilities and gain large scale pvp buffs is fair.

16. ALO

ALO

Hmm, avoiding grab with tree climb? I am not so sure ...

Which skill in succession do you find as a boost in a large scale? I don't find any at all ...

17. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

On the global lab, it seems impossible to jump out of a succession void with the usual cancel. Did someone manage to do it?

18. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Tree Climb is a iframe on a 6 sec cd and has a long animation. Still great grab counter many classes wish they had.

- New Void Lightning has a much larger ae now (heilangs attack too!) and does damdage. This skill is still broken because its protected CC and ignores pvp CC immunity.
    - Roaring is proteced now, has large range/damage and valuable PvP CC (-30% movment, ppl hate it like the plague because it ignores super armor and CC immunity. Skill addon -attack speed is avadiable too)
    - Surging Tide does damage now, range is much(!) larger and has enchantetd heilang bolt attack
    Combine this with Resonance, Allround Spinner, Fearful Trembling (protected CC!) and you have a nice set of protected bomb skills.

edit:
    the best part of succession:
    #tamerairforce

https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyCogentDurianKeyboardCat

#58 Keldorn, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Ooh, nice, I didn't take the time to test succession with the Soaring Arts (and I'm not really efficient with it) but it could give some of the protection we would need.

After all, what is a better protection than the fact that your opponents' skills can't reach you?

20. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Ah yes, tree climb, the amazing grab counter which literally kills you when it touches anything. Leaves dropping is an infinitely better "grab counter".

ElPresidente likes this.