1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tamer succession

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by stefanbourson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. stefanbourson

Hi it's tomorrow will you choose it ? what do you think ?

Solitaire likes this.
  2. Aiwen

Definately. Have played on and off because I like my wufwuf but dont like the stick. Played in preawakened for couple of months now.

Solitaire likes this.
  3. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Most people say succession is pve and staff pvp. So the questions is where you wanna focus at.

4. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Sadly after testing all day, I feel my expectations have been confirmed, that this is simply not viable for PVP and therefore I will not be touching it again. It's a shame because some of the new animations are nice and could have been put to good use.

In fact, the more I use it, the more it feels like it was designed for console gameplay.

5. fwufs

I feel there's potential to it, in node wars especially. The damage seems to have gotten a substantial boost in succession, and there's some good aoe there.
    I could see some potential as a weaker aoe suicide bomb like a witch.

The loss of the block and extra evasion skill is a huge hit though. I'm noticing its hard to keep mana up while grinding too, making it worse for pve imo than the staff.

Samwyn likes this.
  6. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

tamer succession lol

Hecatonchires likes this.
  7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

8. mirg

mirg Znushu Tamer

I've been playing with the new Succession Skills for awhile now and it appears to me that these set of skills focus on your survivability and your Damage Output, which in my book is good enough but i can see the issues trying these skills for PvP as It's more for PvE. Especially with Heilang now becoming your own personal tank that does better damage now.

If your not the type of tamer that incorporates Heilang into their battles then yeah the succession is probably not for you. If you do though, then it'll be an improvement for you.

9. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

10. Aiwen

Noticed this as well, was keeping mana up only with skill ench Resonance.. looking at the skills though just have to start kicking and grabbing more for mp recovery :)

11. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Mana is a non issue in times of faiy and tent. The bigger AE of succsess makes it much better in pve. No chance for staff to keep up here.

12. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Tamer Mana Recovery pre awakening wasnt good in ye olde days either. Back then the main way of recovering mana was by putting skill addons with MP recovery onto skills like void lightning. Nowadays though who cares. Get a decent fairy and pots and done.

#12 Ned Sheynji, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  13. fwufs

It still sucks because thats extra pots you have to carry around while grinding now.
    Though I still feel the staff is better for grinding. Its not like the staff had aoe or damage problems itself. And the dash/moon/echo felt a lot faster than the current combos do as well.

Then again, I don't grind trees so maybe its better there?

Still feeling like those forward guards and extra range/aoe is going to be more helpful in pvp than people seem to be thinking now. Gonna stick with it for a few weeks and see if it works out.

14. Aiwen

Thinking the new wufwuf can help in pvp as well. Would like to see some comparison about the Summon XI and succs. It does seem more pissed off at least :D

15. Makena

I have tested it out on Global Labs prior to the release. It is viable in PVP but it is only as useful as the Awakening. Somethings got moved around somethings are better some are not. Overall I felt that it does the same crap but with different input.

What you gain simplified :
    Succession :
    Permanent - +5 Magic AP 250HP
    Larger AOE radius for Void Lightning
    Roaring - the ability to drop a CC on top of you anytime without regards to the cool down and have forward guard when not.
    Throat Burn being used off cool down and the ability to map it to a key as well as follow up Tree Climb with it for CC when you land on something.
    extra range on attacks like trample
    a forward guard on Jolt Wave

What you lose :
    The ability to back up and block
    The snappiness of moonlight strike as the succession version seems kinda iffy on speed.
    the +10 and +16 Magic AP from using leaves and flow gust.
    mobility with cloud stomping.
    the -20 magic DP debuff on garuda as flash pole thrust only gets to -15
    quick animation on non-awakening skills.
    Roaring - the ability to throw the CC which does not obey cool down at ranged targets

There are probably some things that I missed but yeah overall I feel I can do the same crap with either or so I am not going to change it.

16. lanzend

ahhhhh hard to say. Need more time with it.

17. HopeIsBest

man, i'm testing it since it came out and i am struggling to sustain my self in terms of MP, stamina and HP.
    i really thinking on rerolling/get back to stick. idk what the designers had in their minds when they left so squishy class with no block and less i-frames.

18. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

HP Too? Every skills got HP reg now.

19. NixZero

which is exactly what its supposed to do, dunno what people expected.

20. Lenerlink

-The Bad

The new succession feels way...clunkier than normal pre-awakening making everything a little more heavy which would be fine due to the trade off being damage but due to the only way to cancel some skills is WW it slows down combat due to the nature of how long it takes for you to recover from WW before you can use an attack move.

Heilang animations see to be kinda wonky with some moves. With tide he will either do 1 of 2 cc animations, his range stiff CC or his standing stiff animation of roaring making it very hard to use strategically in pvp unlike without succession activated. From what i have observe there is no real way to tell when he will do either. His whiplash animation now does not activate untill the very very end when you end your final animation of it and does what looks like the same damage as pre-awakening making change of the activation his attack just a downgrade. Now that he is even more aggressive with using CC moves combos can easily be destroyed due to a random float/stiff/bound/knockback from heilang making me slap myself for not changing Heilangs AI after summon everytime heilang would CC a stunned or floated target. I would say a good 20% of my deaths from me fighting someone was me not knowing that heilang did a CC on a target while i was mid combo.

(Personal) For some reason flash didnt make the cut for succession.
    Would have been nice for LBP to go back to 1 cd to make for the lost of mobility in awakening
    I prob will go back to using staff for higher grinding areas due to the protection it offers and greater hp regen via echo. What you gain from the loss of guarding is not enough for me.

-The Good

Seems alot of moves have greater damage and range most recognizable on trample...of all things (even though nothing is said about it in the toolkit the range is doubled!!!)
    Throat Burn being a stun now is very welcome. (Though why its still air attack eludes me)
    Tide becoming 100% crit rate and greater hurt box is really really nice.
    Tbh the hp passive is second best utility in the kit with roaring being on top.

#20 Lenerlink, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Solitaire likes this.